Notices
View Poll Results: Do you allow shoes on your boat?
Yes, I don't mind
25.11%
NO! That would be wrong!!
74.89%
Voters: 466. You may not vote on this poll

Shoes on boat or not?

Old 01-14-2003, 06:38 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

deck shoes or tennis shoe's are ok....but please stay on the towels...I've seen way to many people fall on damp top decks.
Old 01-14-2003, 07:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wear shoes because my ankles are kind weak and I want the support. I do wear them on deck because I almost slid off going barefoot when the deck was wet. My passengers may, as long as they're appropriate boating shoes. I put towels over all my vinyl for getting on and off the boat.
Old 01-14-2003, 07:45 AM
Registered

no damm shoes, my friends wife always tries to step on the back seat after walking through a gravel parking lot at the marina, ???? what the f..., of coarse you should see her van...yuck, that goes for the deck too, I can understand the saftey issue as mentioned above but what about rocks stuck in your tread? can you say scratches or worse? just go bare foot and be carfull!
Old 01-14-2003, 07:53 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NO SHOES ALLOWED

NO EXCEPTION

I always have folks wanting to get aboard and see the boat. I have NEVER turned a request down. My first comment is "Remove Your Shoes and climb aboard".

There has only been one time a guy refused to take his shoes off, and he DID NOT board my boat.

It works both ways, I would NEVER board someone else's boat with shoes on. You can always tell if someone owns a boat or not?
Old 01-14-2003, 08:10 AM
Registered

no shoes EVER! I love it when you invite a lady and she shows up with 2 inch black soles and *****es when you ask her to take them off. WTF, i tell them they can keep the shoes on when they make the payment!
Old 01-14-2003, 08:14 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

I don't mind shoes that much, except for black bottom shoes. I prefer to wear shoes when driving. I also boat very early (Mar/APR) and late (Nov/Dec) into the season when it is still pretty cold. I dont have carpet, but I do have an all white interior that is hard to keep clean.
Old 01-14-2003, 08:24 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

I wear a pair of soft-sole'd slip on deck shoes when running offshore (protects the toes when it really gets crappy) and for walking on the beach (slip'em off and nice clean feet climbing back in the boat). I think this is a great idea especially if you beach up a lot and climb off (guests included). Otherwise, no gym shoes, or hard bottomed sandals. Now I must honestly admit I do invoke the special guest exception once in a while but I supervise closely their embarking/debarking...
Old 01-14-2003, 08:43 AM
Registered

I allow high heels but only in the cabin!
Old 01-14-2003, 08:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Not allowed... The only problem encountered was with a female customs officer in the Bahamas... She insisted she was getting on the boat in heels which was out of the question for me... She finally agreed to do the paperwork on a table at the marina...
Old 01-14-2003, 10:06 AM
Registered

NO SHOES

Quick Reply: Shoes on boat or not?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.