Notices
View Poll Results: Do you allow shoes on your boat?
Yes, I don't mind
25.11%
NO! That would be wrong!!
74.89%
Voters: 466. You may not vote on this poll

Shoes on boat or not?

Old 01-14-2003, 08:21 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wear VANS
Old 01-14-2003, 11:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes to shoes, But deck or white sole sneakers only. I have shoes that I only use for the boat.

I have slipped way too many times on the bow when docking the boat when there's water on it.

And, unless it is carpeted, it is hard to get me footing in snotty conditions.

Last edited by Lucididee; 01-19-2003 at 11:35 PM.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:22 PM
GeoGraphics INC

About this time 2 yrs ago I was taking thr Popeye Fountain race boat back to Ohio after we had painted it here in Canada, I went into customs at the Peace Bridge and they said they wanted to look inside the boat ( this boat was completly de-rigged even the canopy windshield was gone ) it was also snowing, and as this customs woman walk across the parking lot to the boat I suggested that if she was going to walk on the freshly painted deck she should take off her salt and grit covered boots, to which she told me nobody tells her what to do and made me park it in the customs building, made me sit there for 4hrs finally told me to go, they never did look in the boat................

Old 01-15-2003, 08:51 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Our Offshore club LEOPA has a no shoe policy, makes it nice when you are around them never have to worry about boat abuse. They also ask for diapered fenders when rafting off someone else.
Old 01-15-2003, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
NO SHOES,
RESPECT IT OR DONT GET ON,BECAUSE EVEN WITH BOAT SHOES LITTLE PEBBLES GET STUCK AND CAUSE SCRATCHES.
Old 01-19-2003, 07:52 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a "Go For Broke" door mat I keep on the dock next to the boat. Thats where I expect shoes removed or bare feet cleaned. I already spend more time cleaning than I do driving!!
Old 01-20-2003, 02:13 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

No shoes when out rafting, or relaxing. I have a Sonic, with the walk around, and actually prefer to wear shoes. The walk around will not get damaged by any soft soled shoes. I usually buy one or two pairs of all white tennis shoes, that lasts me all season. I like the extra shock absorbsion when driving, especially since I am tall, and tend to move my feet forward a bit to get a bit lower. Everyone, even the women must have some type of decent shoe better than flip flops when boating with me, as most of the docks in this area are in fair to poor shape due to climate. Lots of nails and splinters are sticking up.

If you are crossing my boat, in a raft up, or whatever, you may wear soft sole shoes around the walk around and swim platform.
Old 01-20-2003, 02:24 PM
ssu

no shoes

Old 01-20-2003, 04:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys no...Girls....Depends on how Hot they are.
Old 01-21-2003, 01:29 PM
Donzified

Hello...Boat shoes are for ...boats.

Do you own the boat or does the boat own you?

If your that anal about your boat keep it inside,on shore. You can still wip out a photo of it when others are enjoying there rides.

If you are worried about the cost of your ride than you can't afford to own it.

A friend of mine has a VERY NICE Formula but no one wants to ride with that mother hen. No shoes ,watch your beer ,don't put finger prints on that.The only thing hes good for is to open up your coke bottle if he bends over.

Life is short ,lossen up a little,you might like it.

DON"T BE SCARED...

Remember it's only a boat, ENJOY IT!

Quick Reply: Shoes on boat or not?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.