Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Verizon....
Old 01-14-2003, 03:23 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

They all suck, but AT&T is the one I have the best luck with.
Old 01-14-2003, 03:24 PM
Registered

that's kinda easy knowing what you do...cigular...it's the only one that works good in all the keys. others are playing with towers in the upper keys and it's a mess..mine also works in the bahamas...do i like them???F....NO! but they do have unlimited mins on weekends nationally so....

talk to ya soon chris
Old 01-14-2003, 03:25 PM
Registered

Martin, I feel your pain!!! (cept with sprint)

first the service flat out SUCKED!!!! mom would call, leave messages (like 5) and tell me to come home, but of course i didnt get them , she wouldnt believe me, then we would be sitting at dinner a few days later and it would ring new voice mail, 2 days late!!!! then calling in i would get disconnected at about 1:02 into it, getting charged for 2 minutes!!! Then i tried to get on a contract plan, to save 20$ a month but never contracted so i got charged 20more a month!!! that all pissed me off, but i was dumb and stayed with them! then What got me to switch was my 200$ bill (norm 35)!!! I guess I have a split personality that called to Iran then new zeland. I got pissed off, got dumb, then went and paid another 200 on a phone at verizon then 65 for the month, so I had to pay 500$ in phone bills that month!!! (no, mommy and daddy wont pick up the tab ) Calling sprint would get me the "It shows you have full coverage" crap. went to the store, the college punk -"um i uh, well um, buy a dual band phone, its only 200$" Then take the battery off and mione is a dual band phone, say i am on a dual band pjone now and they say, "no that sticker is fake" Why would it say Samsung model---- Dual Band Telephone if it wasnt dual band??? Oh well, Verizon rocks, no dropped calls, no bogus charges, good customer service etc....

Woah, i typed a lot. sorry to vent on here but, as i said earlier "SPRINT SUCKS"
Old 01-14-2003, 03:30 PM
Registered

Originally posted by AMBUSHER
JUST ONCE !!! Really if you have names or dates at&t would fire the ***** that told you to go ahead and leave !!they will do anything for a customer,please don't let it go call and talk to the regional pres. or send a letter or two it will work !!!!!
the sad thing is I used to work for them and so, did some of my family I assure you they will not do "anything" for you, these day's customer service is a thing of the past and its a damn shame.
Old 01-14-2003, 03:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face exactly............

Audacity is correct. Cingular was the only phone service working in The Bahamas. I've never missed a call in years with them! Somebody needs to take a grammar class - BH
Old 01-14-2003, 03:46 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You guys that say Sprint sucks may want to give them another look. They have been adding towers like no tomarrow. I very rarely have problems using my phone and more often then not my phone works were others do not. This includes Verison, Cingular, and others. When I had Cingular my phone bills were running around 1400 a month!!! AT&T would be about the same as best I could tell. My sprint bills have been running 120 bucks or so a month!!!! NOT BAD, with that kind of a savings I can deal with a dropped call every now and again. I often times travel with people with AT&T and others and to be honest when one is good the other may be bad, but my sprint seems to hang in there better then any of them. The best thing you can do is buy a GOOD phone. I had some problems with Sprint when I first started, but once I went to the Sanyo 5150 phone I have nothing but GOOD things to say about my Sprint. Hope all this BS helps but I love my Sprint and over the last 2 years it has gotten a LOT better.

Jon
Old 01-14-2003, 03:48 PM
Registered

ambuscher: sorry, I didn't mean to come across arguementitively, I meant to say they wouldn't do chit for me. your right though you would think that would help but theyseem to be so worried about scoring new customers that they could care less about the ones they've got. just my experience.
Martin
Old 01-14-2003, 03:52 PM
Registered

JUST ONCE !!! Really if you have names or dates at&t would fire the ***** that told you to go ahead and leave !!they will do anything for a customer,please don't let it go call and talk to the regional pres. or send a letter or two it will work !!!!!
I wish this were true. I cancelled my AT&T cell phone because our company now uses Nextel. We have several telecommunication contracts with AT&T for phone and Data services. After several years past the original contract term they charged us $175 termination fee because a $75 offer was used that extended the term. After explaining the mistake on the part of accounts payable they said there were no exceptions. I then informed the manager that I would be terminating all company contracts with AT&T for voice and data because of their poor customer service and was told that is my right. So AT&T was willing to give up thousands of dollars in monthly revenue to hang on to a $175 fee. Good business practice, good bye AT&T.
Old 01-14-2003, 03:56 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

at&t is coming out with the best format that no one else has CDMA,,,its going to be killer when finished

CDMA technology is nothing new.....I worked at Motorola in the R&D supprot group when CDMA come out about 5yrs ago......i think t-mobile/verision use it and if AT&T dont allready use it (which i think they have been for a while) then they will soon. When i first joind the group at Motorola the cell switches were only handling about 100,000 call per hour......when i left they were handling just over 500,000/hr! the Technology is moving soo fast its mind boggling....what took us 4hrs to load a cell site with software from tape now take a whopping 20min on CD format!!!

Nextel will be a sweet system if they can ever get syncronised across the US..... The iDen system was actually made specific for them....soon they should have the system working so you can two-way someone from anywhere across teh nation!....there only problems right now is that some areas are behind in software. My buddy works for Nextel down in Tampa....his phone rocks anywhere in the US from what i have seen.....but my buddy here in IL has problems when he travels around.....he took his phone to a local shop in FL. they hooked it up and said he got some way old software version on it....but it was like 6mo old! Go figure...

Everyone has horror stories with cell phone company's. About the only thing youy can do is get what ever they say in writing so you have a way out incase it dont work as they say..

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!

Quick Reply: Best Cell phone Service???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.