$50 Hamburger -- are they nuts? >

$50 Hamburger -- are they nuts?

Notices

$50 Hamburger -- are they nuts?

Old 01-18-2003, 04:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Man, for cripe's sake!?.......that's crazy! All that stuff sounds good by themselves, I love mushrooms any way they come, but that's crazy! In my opinion only, I think he ruined the great American hamburger.

Thanks for anwering my questions, guys!!

Sounds like expensive stuff.
Old 01-18-2003, 05:15 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well black truffles are about $1600 per pound in NY now. So that will inflate the price.

I LOVE TRUFFLES!!!!!!!!!!!!! $1600 a pound is a little steep but who need sa poiund? they are damn good!!!!

i was actually goign to go to eth homestead last night to try thier $50 burger its actually 20 oz and is made from kobe beef. Whcich is very good heavily marbled steak. I've had kobe steak before ($120 per steak) and it was very good, I don;t think it was worth the $120 but it was very good. I figured the burger would be fun to try.

the one you have listed above has to much stuff in it.
Old 01-18-2003, 06:42 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

hey too old

I forgot to mention I do LOVE whoppers and onion rings!!!!

soemtiem i do liek some gourmet type food as well. My dad wanted to becoem a professional chef but mty grandfather said too bad your going to law school. So my dad cooked for us instead. FYI thank god us my mom's cooking a is alittle scary soemtimes
Old 01-18-2003, 07:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

Awright, Let's rank our favorite burgers:

Fuddruckers' 1/2 pound burger is real good.
Richie's Hot & Spicy Castle in Madison, TN used to make the best 20 oz Cajun Burger ever - it's not on the menu anymore but he will still make it for you ($6).
Fat Mo's (if there are any left) makes a 22oz triple Cajun burger with jalapenos and bacon that ROCKS.

Fast Food in order of preference: Sourdough Jack (JIB), Whopper, Hardee's $6 burger, Wendy's Double, Krystal, Big Mac, Qtr Pounder, Sonic.
Old 01-18-2003, 07:26 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

1. The Red Rooster in Brewster Ny. Worth the hour drive from my house on LI. Must get it with everythign including extra friend onions

2. Stabilizer Burger at Buckram Stables. A pub within walking distance of my house. Everything including bacon, mushrooms extra cheese, onions and tons of ketchup.

those are my favorites. Can i also put in my vote for a nathans hotdog from coney island. They never taste as good as the ones fro teh origonal nathan in coney island. It is now a VERY bad neighbohood. BUT its worth the possibility of being mugged. Plus you have to go for a ride on the cyclone while there!

SBORAK, that fungus can only be harvested by hand using specially trained pigs to find and dig them out. Truffles are worth MORE than any YE-YO in my opinion!!! One of the best meals I've ever had was in a small resturant on the outskirts of Assisi (in italy). I had pasta with an alfredo type sauce and black and white truffles. It was the most expensive thign on the menu and i think it was like $15-20 (truffles are cheaper in italy) and the heaped them on. SOOOO GOOD!!!!!!!!

Try something like that once and you'll understand. Hell i can still remmeber and am talkign about that meal 7-8 years later!!!!
Old 01-18-2003, 09:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

Puder,

Those extra friend onions sound really special.
Old 01-19-2003, 01:14 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

srobak, creton.....

McCollinst FRIED onions, i know i can't type
Old 01-19-2003, 01:15 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

but if you were to order extra fried onions for your friends (extra friend onions) that would be avery nice gesture
Old 01-19-2003, 02:21 AM
Registered

I work in the city, and we thought about going out for the $50 burger after we saw the story on CNN. After seeing the pic of what else is in it, Im glad we passed.

Best burger. Any burger bought at the Broadway bar and grill in point pleasant beach, nj. I love those things. Think ill take a drive down tommorow (in a few hours, actually) and see the parents, and get a bacon cheeseburger, medium.