Notices

Baja boats

Old 01-21-2003, 07:30 PM
Warp & Woof

Baja Daze

It's warp & woof...and some people have probably wondered about where we came up with our boat's documented name.

BTW here's a cool Baja picture I found on the web.

Old 01-21-2003, 07:41 PM
Warp & Woof

I'll try again...
Attached Thumbnails Baja boats-zz-top.jpg  

Old 01-21-2003, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by SABER28
donman, after you spend 30k on a 23 foot boat (remember it's 1989) and you cannot get a reply to over 20 phone calls, you tend to use whatever method you can to get somebodies attention.

majority of the problems with the boat were that it was built to the standards of a 16 foot bowrider that does 40 mph and not a boat that does 70mph.

maybe the newer ones are better built i have no idea, but the ones built in the late 80's and early 90's definitely had some problems.
maybe the newer ones are better built i have no idea, but the ones built in the late 80's and early 90's definitely had some problems.
No, not ALL of them!
Old 01-21-2003, 08:16 PM
srpbaer

I see the post of the ones not so impressed with the Baja....all are in the 80's and if I am not mistaken, that is not the same Baja company that makes them today. Not sure of the date and year but there was a change of ownership back in that area of time.

Old 01-21-2003, 08:19 PM
Intolerant1

Funny that headliners were mentioned. My friend has a 97 38 Special that he bought used in 2000. The headliner was completely fallen when he purchased it. Baja will not fix it.

Old 01-21-2003, 11:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by jb
wow a thread on Baja Quality that hasn't gone south!!! Very nice to see the board play nice for a change!!!
yea kinda like the Blackhawk thread in the Tech section

Last edited by Dixie Doug; 01-22-2003 at 07:28 AM.
Old 01-22-2003, 12:09 AM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally posted by KC Baja
If you bought the boat new, and it was definately warranty items during the warranty period, I would understand. But, if you were the second or third owner I would not expect any manufacturer of a boat 13 years old stand up to issues such as you describe.

My '92 has held up beautifully. No complaints here.
i bought this boat new in 1989 from keenan marine.

this boat was built with some of the poorest quality workmanship and materials i have seen.some of the parts were so poorly constructed they might as well used duct tape. i wore out two screwdrivers trying to keep it in one piece.

if you like your boat great, i'll just tell you that my experiences are not unique and have heard others with the same problems.

some of the problems included parts that were completely inadequate to do their job, cuddy walls that were held up with 6 tiny #8 wood screws that let the entire wall fall down with 2 hours on the boat.

lag bolts holding a 365 horse motor down, totally unacceptable in a boat that could run 70 mph, especially when used with the high tech piece of plastic conduit jamed in the hole to take up the slack of the stripped out bolt.

i could go on and on , but at some point it just seams like piling on.
Old 01-22-2003, 07:27 AM
Charter Member #300
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my three bajas were all mid-90's , 95 208, 94 Shooter, 96 302.

Might want to stick there...
Old 01-22-2003, 08:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Warp and Woof,

I've heard it both ways. We use "weft" in daily conversation here at the plant. Most of our suppliers refer to it as weft also. Both are acceptible. Here's one for example:
http://www.sglcarbon.com/sgl_t/indus...ata/broad.html

Old 01-22-2003, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep,

It does seem like lots of folks are complaining about boats made in the 80's. That doesn't mean much now. Afterall, Ford once made a car called the Pinto and Chevy once made one called the Vega.

Quick Reply: Baja boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.