Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Thanks to the Stones (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/41975-thanks-stones.html)

AugiePensa 01-27-2003 06:32 AM

Troutly.........as is opened at EVERY show as early as 1969....The Greatest Rock and Roll Band in The World,"THE ROLLING STONES" PERIOD.

T2x 01-27-2003 11:21 AM

Troutly:

10 years from now the world will reply "who?" to the following names:

1. Green Day

2. Back Street Boys

3. A 1/2 dozen blond wannabes ranging from Pink to what's her name on yesterday's super bowl halftime show.

4. P Diddy

5. In Sync

6. Any band playing in front of a mosh pit this year.

7. Enrique Iglesias and other members of his "genre"...Ricky Two Years Ago........etc.

8. Nellie

Ten years from now....... the following will still pack 'em in and bring a long wistful "yeah" when listened to:

1. The Stones (even if half of them pass on in the meantime)

2. Billy Joel

3. Bruce

4. Santana

It's about originals versus afterthoughts, creators versus cretins, talent versus technopop, legends versus latex, quality versus quim.

Just like boating.

T2x

MitchStellin 01-27-2003 01:55 PM

The Stones were in Marquette, MI a while ago. Their lead Roadie had passed away and he was from Marquette, MI. They came for the funneral and really freaked the town out. They walked the streets and played in some bars. man that would have been a real trip. There is no hiding these guys. And Cuda, I was 10 in 1973:eek: :D But I listened to their music along with Genessis and the Who to name a small few.

birdog 01-27-2003 02:44 PM

Rock & Roll will never Die !!!

Long live the Stones,Led Zep,Carlos Santana....Just to name a few !!!!!!

As one said...... "TODAYS MUSIC AIN'T GOT THE SAME SOUL".......:D

little princess 01-27-2003 09:51 PM

Haven't you guys herd of Sublime. I really hope every one forgets about all thoes pop bands like N sync, brittany, blink 182and all of te other bs bands that only care about the $$. There are quite a few punk bands that may hold up. BTW don't any of you guys listen to Bob Marley any more.

Budman 01-28-2003 12:06 PM

Fluid & Filter Change

I personally believe that Keith Richards has been dead since around 1970, and nobody told him.
- Cuda...

Nah, Cuda, he just looks dead because he is overdue for his next fluid & filter change - you know, blood transfusion and liver transplant. :D Hell, when he finally does kick it, they won't even have to embalm him with all of the chemicals floating around in that dude's body!

T2x 01-28-2003 04:11 PM

Originally posted by little princess
BTW don't any of you guys listen to Bob Marley any more.
Bob Marley..........even in his current state.......merits one of those "yeah's".................mon.

Definitely up their in the Rock/Reggae pantheon.

As far as women singers go.............The ultimate:

J-A-N-I-S

T2x

cuda 01-28-2003 08:14 PM

Originally posted by little princess
. BTW don't any of you guys listen to Bob Marley any more.

I used to love that guy's music. I haven't heard anything new from him in years.:confused: ;)

Playn 02-17-2003 08:25 AM

We were fortunate enough to be able to see them at Ford Field this tour. It was the best concert I've been to in a long time. The best part of watching them is they look like they still love what they do. I don't think there will ever be a group that can stand up to the longevity of them.

wwwTOPDJcom 02-17-2003 10:05 AM

Man Ya got me depressed again, my unmotivated
Band has broken up again, I think Im gonna look for
a entire new group of guys, since the practice studio is in my basement, My biggest problem finding good ones is
all the Good ones have a Drug problem or at least a drinking
problem. Of course drinking isnt a problem :D