Notices

Boycott Ben and Jerry's

Old 01-29-2003, 06:41 PM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by KaamaScarab30
[B]#1 -- It IS her right to make such statements, and anyone who tries to squelch her is doing this country a BIG disservice. Freedom of speech is the life blood of democracy. Boycotting Ben & Jerry's is your right, too. (I have boycotted them for the last 2 years, although I prefer to call it a diet.)

#2 -- Not everyone that loves this country thinks going to war in Iraq is appropriate at this point. I do not, and I am a registered Republican, and have always been.

I agree. If my post sounded as though I don't believe she has the right to voice her opinion, I retract said post. She and every other citizen of this great country has the right to any opinion, agenda, belief they feel compelled to support. Conversely, they also have the right to express that said opinion given Freedom of Speech. My only objection is the process in which so many in society now assert deflamatory and degrading testimony directed at others, to bolster ones own campaign. Throwing dirt in other words. Cat and I may not agree on the origin of life itself, but I will not belittle or degrade him in some feeble attempt to substantiate or strengthen my belief. I firmly believe a debate that is concise, informative, considerate, and respectful to all involved, is much more potent than one containing slander, deceit, hostility and ill content. Optimism is much more beneficial than pessimism. Seems society does fuel a substantial amount off the "Dirty Laundry" syndrome though, in turn creating a huge vortech of unsubstantiated and cruel accusations towards many people. This is a fact that will probably go on and on, with little or no recourse. I guess we agree to disagree and try and do it with a certain amount of civility. I've written enough now, someone elses turn.

Last edited by Neverfastenuf; 01-29-2003 at 06:58 PM.
Old 01-29-2003, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Kind of remind me of another female actress from a few years ago. Does the name "Jane Fonda" mean anything to everyone?

I'm quite sure there are some on this board that had to deal with her type when they returned from Vietnam. My father being one.

Buck
Old 01-29-2003, 07:42 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

That Crazy Bi&ch! This crap makes me hungry....I'm getting a huge bowl of Breyers right now...............F.... Ben and Jerry!
Old 01-29-2003, 08:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ben & Jerry's was Sold

Guys I don't want to buss your bubbies but Ben and Jerry was sold almost 2 years ago to Unliver. Those two idoits are bleeding heart liberals. Along with the rest of the liberals in the movie business. Just don't go to watch them. Their abilty to command the top dollar will going down very quickly. As far as the quailyt of the ice cream your are correct in your judgement it isn't worth a ****. I should know because I own a ice cream manufacturing company. If you don't like our country LEAVE.
Old 01-29-2003, 08:26 PM
Registered

wildman, send me an ice cream maker and i won't have my dilema anymore.
Old 01-29-2003, 08:27 PM
Registered

Originally posted by mlitefan
....... and I could give a rats fart what their uninformed opinion is on these matters.

...no one cares what they think...at least they shouldn't...
YUP......
Old 01-29-2003, 08:30 PM
JIM H
Charter Member

Thumbs down

f-ben and jerry and all the hollywood a-holes
Old 01-29-2003, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

clowney's way overated, as far as I'm concerned they all are. They need to shut the f*** up and stick to play acting. Do not buy national television time to voice a clearly divisive opinion in these critical times. Wonder how much of her $ was forwarded to 9/11 relief? Maybe to buy some of those youngsters of those killed an education so they won't have to stoop to being "court jester" actor azzholes.
Old 01-29-2003, 09:23 PM
Registered

OWE, LOOK AT ME I AM A OVERPAID ACTOR WITH A LOT OF MONEY, YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO ME BECAUSE I AM RICH AND KNOW EVERYTHING!!

Well LAAAADEEEEFRIGGGINDAAA!
If theese morons know so much about what is good for this country then why the hell arent they in office?????

BTW, warbird, Charleton Heston would be a great leader for this country. My .02
Old 01-29-2003, 10:45 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

If your going to boycott Ben & Jerrys, you might as well boycott Breyers, Good Humor and Klondike since Unilever owns them also.

Quick Reply: Boycott Ben and Jerry's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.