Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT:  Paul Harvey and an INCREDIBLE Rest Of The Story! >

OT: Paul Harvey and an INCREDIBLE Rest Of The Story!

Notices

OT: Paul Harvey and an INCREDIBLE Rest Of The Story!

Old 02-12-2003, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Chris232,

I agree with most of what you are saying, but you are right about thin skinned people. I don't have a problem with the subjects, it is what happens when they are brought up. If people on here want to talk trash about each others wives/girlfriends go ahead just so long as it doesn't leave permanent damage to the site or the people that are on it. This way the site can be fun(yes I said fun) and informative with out having to go through the crap that certain issues seem to always cause. Again it is called common sense.

Shane,

In the forty five minutes I was in we got the sled almost on the ice, But I ran out of energy. Got on my brothers sled to the condo and warmed up a while and went back and got it out and in a heated garage. Had it running in about 30 minutes. The seat is in my house drying out. Other than that there is no damage. The back of the sled was in about 6 feet of water while the ski's were in about 11 feet. I had to keep a strap on the back of it to keep it from going down the drop off. A crappy night to say the least.
Old 02-12-2003, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BELIEVE NOTHING YOU HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE!
Old 02-12-2003, 01:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The fun begins when one of our “Left-Wing Nutcases” makes an OT Post; we are all family here and the Debates weather heated or not are all normal Family Squabbles.

Again as said before by another family Member simply do not read it!!
Old 02-12-2003, 03:05 PM
Registered

Steve 1,

Again let me say it, put enough of these topics that people do not "need (or want) to read" and then make them pay for it and what do you have? A site that will lose alot of good input from people who know more than you and I. Would you pay a membership for a site that has alot of members, but doesn't give you what you joined for? If all I wanted to do was to shoot the sh#t with some buddies I can do that on a chat line or on the phone. If you want a site that will draw people and you expect them to pay, give them something for there money. I know it is not alot of money, that is not the point. Point is keep the site infomative and fun without making it too much overboard to keep the Majority of the members happy (enough to shell out money) so that the advertisers think it will be worth their hard earned money to pay for their ads. No advertisers, no site (without digging deep into your pockets). The fact is that the site wants members thus helping to draw more advertisers. A happy medium has to be established. Enough fun and humor and enough boat related topics that can keep the "majority" happy. The site is good just don't want to see it go to sh*t. Don't just tell people "not to read it" if they don't like it. What the h#ll is that? If your boat insurance next year jumps to $75,000 a year (and you never had a claim) and nobody else will do it cheaper you would piss and moan. All the insurance company has to say is "just don't use the boat". Thats what I thought.
Old 02-12-2003, 04:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Evil you seem to be still missing the point; this is General Discussion (where we are right now)
Now the Technical Q&A should be fairly sterile regarding Boat only Issues.

Look Politics, Woman, and World issues will always be a part of the discussion in the General Forum there is a great deal of room in there!

And speaking for myself and many others whenever we are asked a question related to boats in our area of expertise have spent time on long essay type answers.

My Personal feeling is that the OT Threads enhance the General Discussion Thread. And a lot of us will sometimes find a topic or a news Item and share it with the Board.

After all to broaden one’s Knowledge is not such a terrible thing now is it? and another example: if I wanted a New Truck believe me I would go OT General Discussion and within an hour there would be more people trying to help than you could Imagine Not only that Engine/Transmission Packages and the Family members Past experience with Dealers , Longivity, Towing abilities and so on.

Last edited by Steve 1; 02-12-2003 at 04:18 PM.
Old 02-13-2003, 09:15 AM
Registered

noooo, its right here
Old 02-13-2003, 09:28 AM
Registered

Shane,

Just read your other post about this one getting poofed. It is not controversal for me at all. It has to do about discretion. But obviously you don't get it. Look up validity of sources before posting. Just like you thinking this one got poofed. Research can go along way. And for the record I do not like the Clintons either, so your post was not offensive to me.
Old 02-13-2003, 09:35 AM
Registered

Steve1,

I do agree with you that all different kinds of posts are great for the site, but leave the "bashing" polititions and religions aside. That is like pulling a pin on the grenade and waiting for it to explode. Believe me, nothing offends me, but I would think it would be best suited for the site and members not to "instigate" a few touchy subjects that have been proven to cause problems between members. Thats all I have been trying to say, nothing more. Would you tell a member that his Skater is a piece of Sh!t? Then why would you say that his political party is? Not exactly the same, but I think you see my point. (and did I tell you that I am not at all a political person)

Last edited by EvilTwin; 02-13-2003 at 09:41 AM.
Old 02-13-2003, 09:39 AM
Registered

Originally posted by EvilTwin
Shane,

Just read your other post about this one getting poofed. It is not controversal for me at all. It has to do about discretion. But obviously you don't get it. Look up validity of sources before posting. Just like you thinking this one got poofed. Research can go along way. And for the record I do not like the Clintons either, so your post was not offensive to me.
Chris,

I did look and didn't see it. Sorry that I missed it. Geez. If it does not offend you then why even worry about it? Also, if we are on the topic of research, maybe you should have done your research when you said that I had the most posts on political topics. Clearly that honor belongs to Catmando.
Old 02-13-2003, 09:52 AM
Registered

discretion: n. 1. The quality of being discreet; circumspection. 2. Ability or power to decide responsibly. 3. Freedom to act or judge on one's own.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.