Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

Congratulations and best of luck race day
Old 02-22-2003, 08:54 PM
Allan4

Allright!!!!!!!!!!

That's a great feeling, hope that all goes well. Race was rained out and rescheduled for Mon afternoon for all of you who do not know. The Rock is a drivers track, pretty hard on equipment.....Good Luck, enjoy!!

Old 02-22-2003, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hope your team does well!!!!!
Old 02-23-2003, 06:38 AM
Registered

I pulling for Carl. He's from Roxboro, NC. (26 miles from me.)
Old 02-23-2003, 07:21 AM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good Luck. Are you doing your own motor program or are you leasing? Sponsorship is good when your on the track, but better when the camera is on you. So if you do crash make it a good one. Either way the body man will be busy next week. Stay out for a caution if you make it close to the end for better track postion. Best of Luck to your team. You guys should be proud!!

Pete
Old 02-23-2003, 10:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats. Will you be in Texas? I'll see your car there, since I work at TMS. We've sold out of Winston Cup Tickets and Busch is going fast. Here's an alternate place to watch the races at TMS:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=1607

Best of luck at the races!
Old 02-23-2003, 10:57 AM
srpbaer

Originally posted by Dueclaws
Congrats. Will you be in Texas? I'll see your car there, since I work at TMS. We've sold out of Winston Cup Tickets and Busch is going fast. Here's an alternate place to watch the races at TMS:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=1607

Best of luck at the races!
Hey....a TMS person....I bet we have a mutual friend....Does the name Eddie Gossage...I kknow I spelled it incorrectly...ok?
I used to handle track announcing at his place 19 years ago...Bristol Motor speedway...Eddie was here in the early 80's.
Tell him a old tri-Cities friend say's hi...Bet you know another Bristol, Tennessee guy....try Mike Helton...he used to be my house insurance man....Small world.

Old 02-23-2003, 01:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yep,I report directly to Eddie and of course we who run with NASCAR all know Mr. Helton.
Small world for sure!
I'll tell Eddie that you said hi.

John
Old 02-23-2003, 03:29 PM
Registered

We are primary sponsor of car, WESCO Distribution, along with our largest supplier ABB Power Products, they have the trunk deck we have quarter panels. The owner is a local guy who we hooked up with through a mutual friend. He owns Creech Motorsports and is a chassis and sheet metal fabricator so crashes are repaired in house. Good thing since 2 out of 3 attempts ended that way last season.
I never was very involved with Nascar until last season and now have a real appreciation for what goes into this level of racing.
So no I don't own it but helped pay for a good part of it.
Engines are leased as well as shocks. Different set used for each track. Junie Dunleavey is the Mentor for the team. Petty Enterprise has also given assistance hence the Dodge.
Old 02-23-2003, 06:40 PM
Allan4

Sounds excellent 229.

Enjoy the experience, NASCAR racing at any level is a very impressive business. The behind the scenes is phenominal. Glad you are experincing this first hand. Good luck, the Busch series is just as competitive as the Cup series, so just making the field is a major accomplishment. Carl Long has run a few Cup and Busch races on a shoe string budget, hard to run up front without big $$. Junie Duleavey has been around for years and has seen it all, and of course the Petty crowd....speaks for itself, I am just waiting for them to hire a stud driver and run up front again on a weekly basis. Are you leasing EEE Motors (Ernie Elliott Engines)??Have a blast and good luck. Keep us posted!!!!

Quick Reply: Our car made the Busch race

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.