Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Our car made the Busch race >

Our car made the Busch race

Notices

Our car made the Busch race

Old 02-23-2003, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my cousin Tim steele runs ARCA - won three championships. those cars are just under the bush and winston cars. same engines and almost identical specs for cars. he ran ernie's engines for years. they bought two of Bill Elliots winston cars from last year and Sterling MArlin's winning Brickyard car for their super speedway entrants in ARCA this year.

racing is 10x more interesting when you know someone, and when you can see the team effort in the pits, at practice, and during qualifying.

good luck
Old 02-23-2003, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's exciting even when not making the cut but when you bring in 35-40 customers to watch the race it's a big dissapointment. This race we didn't bring any so we made it of course.
Wish I had more customers interested in offshore racing, but being in the south Nascar is king and the customers ultimately pay the bills so it's cars for now. Get a lot of milage with our customers from this. Had Dale Jr. next to us in the Richmond race, fun rubbin elbows with the big boys. Both he and his crew were nice guys, whole different level though. He ran 1 lap to qualify and shut it off, got the pole and set new track record, awesome team.
Old 02-23-2003, 09:41 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Good Luck!!!
Old 02-24-2003, 12:43 PM
Don's Bolt

he finnished 4 laps down in 28th place. He did a good job, stayed out of trouble and the car was in one peice.

Darrell Waltrip gave him a compliment and said he did a good job.

Now he got a little experience, I bet he will do better next time.

Old 02-24-2003, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up 28 19 #113 Carl Long Dodge TBA 79/0 193 Running

From the NASCAR PAGE ' 28 19 #113 Carl Long Dodge TBA 79/0 193 Running ' , Great Job, especially the 'running' part what with all the 'paybacks'(yellows) and such!!!!!!!!!!!. I'm good friends of the Keselowski Racing family. Former ARCA Champian (all time money winner) and nowadays they own a Cup Truck Team, they bailed from Dodge to Ford, oh well we tried... Rambunctious your cousin is a great talent, I've seen him race many times, sorry they have been struggling a little lately. Keep up the good job all you guys!!!!!!, regards, Bill Jolley
Old 02-24-2003, 06:19 PM
snglestack

the car ran good considering all the bush wackers in the race good luck the rest of 2003

Old 02-24-2003, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well first race and we finished 28th but still completed the whole race. Carl did give the 16 car a little nudge and got some TV time from it. Too bad no one was at the track to watch today, it was empty. Changed the number from 22 to 13 for this race guess it's lucky 13 from now on.
Old 02-24-2003, 08:52 PM
Allan4

229, I have a suggestion, may want to look into some different color schemes for your car. It is not a good "tv" car. By that I mean it is very hard to read the sponsorship name on the car at a glance.....as compared to other's in that race for example....Harvick-Payday, Riggs-Nesquick, Compton-Kingsford, Hamilton JR-Dr. Pepper......etc....these cars jump out at you more ON TV. Better brand recognition. Not so much the stands, but on TV. My .02

Rambunctious, your cousin has been very good, pretty cool that you are related. He and Frank Kimmel have been ARCA studs. Lots of good drivers make their way thru ARCA on the way up.

229, good luck down the road, keep us posted.