Notices

Super Cat Light Outboard

Old 02-22-2003, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Unfortunatly people are moving into other classes for lack of competition in the outboard classes,Paul Whittier is one of the people that have made a change into another class and I know that you would never find a person that was more devoted to the outboard engine classes then him.Gary Ballough made a move but I bet if someone said I still want to run the outboards he would probably go ahead and run.Todd is going to run his boat again this year from what I understand,John Robinson will not be racing this year a full schedule,Nicky will race if he gets sponsorship.I think the it would be best if the class was 28 to 30 foot boats with stock MERC 2.5 efi race motors,open and enclosed canopy systems.This is a very affordable class to run and maintain and alot of fun,it is also a safe class to race as long as you dont race over your head or run the boat to hard in the wrong conditions.I would think that APBA would really try and promote the outboard classes,especially since Ted Zoli owns and raced one for several years.I guess we will have to see what happens in the future.
Old 02-22-2003, 02:03 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ryan,

I think you know that I want to race very badly. I have helped teams out and even filled in for other drivers here in the Northeast. I have a family member with a severe life threatening illness and have been spending some of what is in my wallet on that. If that would have never occurred I probably would have been out there already and burned through the entire amount in my wallet. My Family comes first over top of anything right now. Please stop listening to JEM about how much is in wallet. I wish the amounts he thinks I have were in there. If it was true I would have a boat already and we wouldn't even be discussing this. I just hope for the all of us that love the outboards, that there is a class left for us to race in when we are ready.

DPT
Old 02-22-2003, 02:06 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1HYPER1,

Is Nicky still pursueing sponsor interests? I know him and one of our friends made some big efforts a few years ago to get some sponsor $$$s but nothing came out of it. I think having Nicky back out there would be great as he is a great competitor.

DPT
Old 02-22-2003, 07:35 PM
WATERBOY2

I totally agree with you guys....the outboard cat classes were once the most competitive and exciting racing in offshore.I hope that the APBA makes a real effort to revive this.The Super Cat Light Outboard(twin) Class as stated before has so much potential....and I also agree with DPT and 1HYPER1 regarding boat lengths, cockpits and engines.A 28-32 FOOT TWIN OUTBOARD CAT CLASS is the way to go!

Old 02-22-2003, 10:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder how much mercurys influence has had on the decline of this class? There seems to be many boats still able to run. I think the F class has drawn some interest from this once much respected stock- prostock racing.
The sucess of High Risk proves you do not need new equipment to win. That hull is vintage 1987 or so

Last edited by mmwalters; 02-22-2003 at 10:11 PM.
Old 02-22-2003, 10:51 PM
Registered

Hey DPT,
Nicky and I are very good friends and I am currently working on some sponsorship dollars so that we can bring the boat out and race,the deal that we were working on before with some serious input from WATERBOY2 unfortunatly did not come through,hopefully this other will come through and we will be out there running the boat and trying to help rebuild the class.Hey mike lets put a pair of 2.5s on the motion and get you running also because every little bit helps.If anyone has any other input on this I am sure that everyone would love to here it.Lets get all the outboards running again,awsome class and affordable,it comes down to set up,throttleman,driver,and the shear passion for the sport and desire to win.
Old 02-22-2003, 10:58 PM
Registered

bill sounds like a good idea. you buy the motors and I will bolt em on
Old 02-22-2003, 11:19 PM
Registered

Hey Mike ,Stop being cheap,spend some of your money,it wont do you any good when you are dead and gone,you know we are not getting younger only older,besides what else do you have to spend your money on,your not MARRIED and no KIDS,not that I am complaining,I think I have a very understanding wife and my KIDS love everything to do with the BOAT.Come on ,JUST DO IT.
Old 02-23-2003, 09:10 AM
Registered

APBA should let the 300's run with the 2.5's. Since most OB's are being built with that combo..
I don't thick the race 2.5's will ever pass the emission standards being imposed by the Feds.
Old 02-23-2003, 10:15 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

I think if enough boats show up the APBA will aloow them to do what they want. You guys that have these twin OB boats know lots of other people with twin OB boats so stop talking about it and show up to a race. I know people that have had legal race boats for years and they talk and talk and talk but never show up to races. I've only got a 24 but I race it when I can because it's all I've got. I know the class is great so just put your money where your mouth is and go racing, not talking. You can find used 28-30 twin ob cats for $50,000.00 grand so bring it!

Quick Reply: Super Cat Light Outboard

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.