Notices

Super Cat Light Outboard

Old 02-21-2003, 10:09 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Super Cat Light Outboard

Super Cat Light Outboard,
Does anyone know why this class is virtually fading away,this has always been a great class with its triple and twin engine classes,and even when it was called PRO stock or Stock class it was truely a very competitive class fleet of boats.I think that the factoy classes,F1,F2, SUPERCAT,SUPER V ARE COMPETITIVE I just dont understand why the outboard classes are fading away and why the sanctioning bodies dont try and push for people to compete in these classes,there are still alot of these boats around,and there are still alot of people that have interest in these classes.What are some of your opinions on this.
Old 02-22-2003, 11:04 AM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally wish they would bring back some good Outboard racing to the offshore division of APBA. The Supercat Lite OB race this year last year at the Worlds was great. From things I am hearing it doesn't really seem like there will be many boats left in this class. Real shame. To bad the OB twin guys from SBI don't come over to APBA and race. Besides, Gary Ballough is in a SCLI this year so the big competition moved on. As did other competitor from APBA moved on to SCLI also. It almost seems as if APBA has no interest in Outboard racing at this time. It's a shame.

DPT
Old 02-22-2003, 11:23 AM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stick to a twin engine configuration with 28' to 30' boats.
Old 02-22-2003, 11:47 AM
Platinum Member

RLW,
I agree, plenty of twin engine cats out there for this class. Allow the open cockpit boats built to date to be grandfatherd to race and all new one models should have canopies. There are so many 28 Skaters, 30 Motions and Spectres out there and now even AMT's.
I am suprised that Stickerboy hasn't jumped in on this yet. What's your opinion 1HYPER1???
Old 02-22-2003, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What if APBA had a P-Cat class, one from x length to y length and twins, then one from y length and z length with twins etc?? Not everyone is willing to turn their boat into a race only with canopies, used once a month, the economy isnt strong enough right now for that.

Just my 2cents....
Tommy
Old 02-22-2003, 12:16 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

there are tons of twin OB cats ot there from 28-30. They are all AWESOME race/pleasure boats. APBA is allowin open cocpit boats to race as well. I think most people that have this boats like them as pleasure boats. Alot of them don't realize that it is not that expensive to race there boat. New people don't realize how cheap this boats are to build, race, and maintain. I mean hell, you can buy a twin OB cat for around the same price as a F-1 boat.
Old 02-22-2003, 12:23 PM
Platinum Member

Hyper Baja,

Sorry for the way I stated my last post. Allow all twin engne cats 28-32 with open cockpits built before 1/1/03 to compete and all others built after that date be mandated with canopies. That may work better. I am also picking the size of the boats figuring that the motor of choice would be the Mercury 2.5 Offshore Race Motor. If they decided to go to a 200hp motor then allow 24-32 length limit with the same canopy mandate as previously posted.

Please feel free to add your ideas and inputs to this.

DPT
Old 02-22-2003, 12:27 PM
Platinum Member

Ryan,

We have shared this conversation a few times with one another. I wish it would grow but the odds seem to be stacked against it. Besides SBI had the majority of the twin boats racing with them. It is unfortuanate but if it doesn't increase in number I see these boats moving to P- class unless there are ideas for these classes on the horizon.

DPT
Old 02-22-2003, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Then you get people who buy a boat after that date and say.... "oh I cant just go and race, I have to get a canopy custom made ($$$$$)" Have one part for open cockpit, and one for canopy? 28-32 would be a BIG class.
Old 02-22-2003, 12:38 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

APBA WILL ALLOW OPEN COCKPITS TO RACE THEY JUST HAVE TO ASK! If I had a bigger boat I would race more races. If the were a few boats racing APBA nationals MORE would come. The WORST thing is being the only boat in a class. Dennis get off you wallet and buy a boat!

Quick Reply: Super Cat Light Outboard

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.