Like Tree0Likes

Paypal Warning!

Old 02-28-2003, 06:24 PM
Registered

Looking at the website I thought the email from Ebay's legal department seemed odd. I don't really think their legal department would handle and alleged trademark enfringement via email...signed by "Edith"

We've used them several times without incedent (so far)
Old 02-28-2003, 06:44 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1987 Liberator 211
Cool

I like PayPal as well. I would never use it for large tranfers though.
Old 02-28-2003, 07:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2006 Formula 400SS
Thumbs down Paypal Problems

I have sold many items on ebay and have had pretty good luck with paypal, except for one transaction. I sold something to someone from out of the country, paypal said the money was in my account, I shipped the product only to learn 3 days later that paypal removed the funds from my account due to fraud on the buyers part. I stll have not resolved this and probably never will, since it is impossible to get anyone from paypal on the phone or to answer my email. Be careful, and I would not ship any goods for at least 4 days from now on (and no buyers outside of the United States from now on!!) P.S. Watch out for fake money orders, also!!!
Old 02-28-2003, 09:21 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

My Boats: 1991 34' Super Hawaii

I have used Paypal several times for small purchases. I only use a casheries check, overnighted, for big ones.

I think the page looks like someone is simply trying to slam Paypal.
Old 02-28-2003, 09:29 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

My Boats: 1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454

It may be a page slamming pay pall but unfortunatly it seems that there are other guys ont his site that have been screwed also

Jon
Old 03-01-2003, 01:55 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2005 Extreme 29

Sorry, Large purchases will be made hand to hand, sight to sight !!! I know of TOO many people getting burned on large deals from EBay.....but for small purchases, I never have had a prob with PayPal......Also, when dealing with any online service, never give them a credit card or bank account with a high limit....I have credit cards with a low limit just for the online services....my 2 cents worth, Wardey
Old 03-01-2003, 09:55 AM
olysan

I think I've learned something from everyone's experiences with paypal. I'll definitely avoid any large sales using them in the future.

For some reason that website really bothers. The way I see it is that some of us have had problems with transactions where paypal was the middleman. But I don't see any evidence that paypal did anything wrong.

Old 03-02-2003, 02:27 PM
searace

Weve conducted large sales via paypal..no problem. Hawk Power has gladly taken paypal and will continue to do so.

Old 03-02-2003, 02:52 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1998 saber 28

something to think about when you pay with paypal. if you use their prefered method of paying, which is a withdrawl from your checking or savings accounts, you are NOT able to get your money back from the seller if they do not have money in their paypal account. use your credit card only!!!

BTW paypals dispute resolution is a joke. got hosed twice on purchases and paypal could do nothing because the seller had no money in account.
Old 03-02-2003, 02:59 PM
Registered
Trade Score: (3)

My Boats: 34 Saber

I'm with Saber28 on this one. I paid for an E-Bay item w/ Paypal and never received the merchandise. Paypal sent me an email saying that I indeed got screwed by the individual but nothing they could or would do about it. Fortunately for me I used a credit card rather than checking account and my credit card company took care of it. What good is Paypal if they offer no protection?