Thunder or BLUNDER Struck??

Notices

Thunder or BLUNDER Struck??

Old 03-12-2003, 10:02 PM
SPWilson

Old 03-12-2003, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dan you are 100% correct...like i said...i was one of those people that was given a killer deal my next boat!.....and we have all the timing issues solved...actually i think steve #2 (or was that 3?) was really working on working them out?? i have NEVER questioned the performance of AT pleasure/poker run boat!...and would (would have) buy another USED....that's why we kept it...and my wife at the time understood me re-nig'n on my never racing again deal...buying my dream boat (at that time) should have been a great experience...funny how things turn out...when i was 8 all i could think about was a donzi sweet 16.

ps...form my conversations,,,dan is a good guy and does demand a first rate product as i do!...

i just expect people to do what they say. when they say....

dan, was your boat done on time? was the boat as you expected when you got there? i mean not the time when it was actually 100% completed to take?
Old 03-12-2003, 10:36 PM
Registered

Was my boat done on time? NO.

Well I am to blame for part of it. A real good part of it. My boat was rigged, including fuel lines etc. for 500 efi's, as a matter of fact they were sitting on a pallet on the floor of the factory. .I deceided to change to 675 blower motors. Not only did I wait for the motors, then I had to wait for misc part from KE, then a new hatch had to be made to accomadate the the additional clearance needed for the blowers etc...

Actually my boat was the first millenium edition cabin so I had to wait while all of the plugs were designed fit, cut, fit etc in my boat to make the mold.

Joe, I appreciate your comments as well all of the info you gave to me when I was looking for my new boat. You were actually helpful in making my decesion to move up to a larger AT. You are a very knowledgable person and I respect your experience and knowledge.

Nuff said, I gotta go to bed....
Old 03-13-2003, 04:18 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts
Thumbs up

I just had to chime in.

The first time I ever heard of AT was when I somewhere read Mark House's owner letter to AT. I was intrigued(?) that a tried and true Skater guy would feel so positive about a v-bottom.

I sold my 29' Fountain in late Oct.(amazing) and decided to head to the Laud. show to pick a new boat.

My girlfriend and I looked at everything at the show and talked to the dealers,manuf., etc. I was only looking to get a 32'-34' boat so we headed up to the open house at the AT factory in Pompano. I hoped to see a 32' they had used(thunderstruck) and also see where and how they were built. Stan, then Pat, and finally Bosco showed us the 32' and then took us over every inch of ThunderEnlightening and Thunderstorm. I felt like a 37' AT would be too much $$ for me, but they were more than willing to take us for a test ride anyway.
Pat took us out personally in '02 37' w/496's. The amenities weren't overwhelming(no TV or Corian or Leather), but it was a nice boat w/ all the AT standard equip. We first headed out in 3-4' chop and further out some nice rollers. I sat shotgun and my girl sat on the rear bench. She isn't a big fan of high speed or rough water and this was her first trip in the ocean(uh-oh). We hit about 70 going out and each time we lauched I checked to see if she was ok. She was giggling like she was 7yrs. old and yelling FASTER! I let her jump in the front bolster for the rest of the ride and told Pat to show her that rough water and speed do mix in the right boat. After a few laps in the near-shore surf, and a few low level flights, we headed back in.

On the way back to the marina I was TOLD I was ONLY allowed to buy an AT whatever the price difference(my money of course). After an unsuccessful attempt to buy Mark House's used 37'(he would not sell?) and two more trips to the factory, I have decided to but new.(ouch!) I am prepared to have delays or small aggravations during construction to have a boat that is truly set up for ME. I have learned a lot from touching base w/other AT owners and I look forward to seeing them all on the water at the poker runs, or elsewhere, in what I think is THE best boat for the money. Article positive or not, the true answers are found when YOU get in the boat.

Like everyone says, only one mans opinion, but will be one AT mans opinion soon!!!

Thanks for the space and I will look for all of when I bring "CASH BAR" to events.

Thanks, Greg.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:30 AM
Ike
Charter Member#93
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Old 03-13-2003, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

Well said CASH BAR. Being a Thunder owner I have found this all very entertaining but we are over 100 posts on this and I think it is starting to sound like we are beating a dead horse. I got the chance to run with three of these 37s,including Radio Active, on a run in the Keys in January. I now know what my next boat will be.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:18 AM
SPWilson

I now know what my next boat will be
Well, don't keep us guessing!

Old 03-13-2003, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

I would like it to be H2Os 37. If Kevin isn't to hard on it I might be around we he is ready to move up.
Old 03-20-2003, 08:41 AM
superfast

Thumbs down

[quote] I heard the check was in the mail!!!![quote]
DID YOU MAKE AN EFFORT TO CONTACT THEM ABOUT THIS? IF NOT, THIS ISN'T FAIR TO THE COMPANY OR IT'S EMPLOYEES. SOMETIMES THINGS GET PUSHED AROUND. I AM SURE THIS WASN'T ON PURPOSE.

Old 03-20-2003, 08:49 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Bosco
I still have not recieved my final paycheck yet !
The one stan said he would mail to me !
Believe me it is not the amount of money $, It is the PRINCIPAL.

I heard the check was in the mail!!!!

Ha-Ha I'm holding my breath Call me mister blue

The five year plan that turned into five months I can accept, It's the lies and deciept I will not.

If you fellas only understood the half of it. I guess the word integrity means nothing to some people.
Here we go again! Anyone got any popcorn and Pepsi?

Quick Reply: Thunder or BLUNDER Struck??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.