Thunder or BLUNDER Struck?? >

Thunder or BLUNDER Struck??

Notices

Thunder or BLUNDER Struck??

Old 03-11-2003, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by SPWilson
Actually, to be fair, i think ThunderDans boat will run around 110mph PLUS if an "experienced" professional would take the time to dial it in. I was in it at 94mph and there was No Porpoise.
Thanks Steve, I was hoping you would chime in....
Old 03-11-2003, 08:44 PM
Registered

Oh yeah, and if anyone would like to experience a ride in my boat feel free to contact me, yes even you waterspeed,

Last edited by thunderdan; 03-11-2003 at 08:50 PM.
Old 03-11-2003, 08:57 PM
Registered

**** i can't beleive they even made the test....i bet they were to be there the day prior, showed up a day late...worked on the thing all day and then had to beg teague to leave dinner to go for a boat ride!LOL

why do people always say they have rpm left???...so the throttles were not at wot?? was the boat dialed in for cruising?? you spend time and money to not dial a boat to full potential?? or you just can't get it to go any faster???

seems like every boat pat builds has very large growing pains! i'm sure after someone else corrects them all??...it will be a different boat, but a different boat no one gets to test.

i do like the boats.

ps...don't confuse race boats and pleasure boats.
Old 03-11-2003, 09:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Guys, thats my boat, Radio Active. (Not Blunder Struck). The article is 99% great, I don't know what the big deal is. When Teague got the boat it was not 100% dialed in , (I probably should have called WATERSPEED, he's an expert) it was set up with 2" shorties and a badly programmed efi box on the port motor, running rich, hic-cuped, and stalled. The boat does not porpoise at any speeds, you do not need tabs at all especially in 6" chop. Thats the only thing Teague mentioned that was somewhat negative. I feel the article was rushed, I find a few errors , manual bolsters, ( see the 2 toggle switches on the dash by the Sony remote-thats for the elect.bolsters.) faulty Teague switchable mufflers, but I won't hold that against him and he did not wright the article, all Teague does is test them, some else writes the article, and I feel all Manufactures have the right to proof read, just for errors, which was not the case here.
The boat runs awesome, it now has 1" shorties, 2 perfectly running KE675's and on lake Ponchatrain with the same ****ty 6" chop we got 97.9, with about 150 rpms to go.(props were slightly reworked) My new Herings are much more responsive, better trottle response (did I say that right WATERSPEED) and I will let you know what the top speed is when we get some decent water. Bottom line I love the boat, its everything the manufacturer promised (exept 6' headroom ) and then some. Its a true rough water riding boat and does not porpoise like my 2 previous boats.

Oh yeah, WATERSPEED, when you can afford, or borrow a boat equipped the same way, with the same motors, and you feel like you can tie my shoe laces, give me a call, I'd like to read that one opinioned so called article you wrote about step bottoms, if you got balls email it to me. Jeff Jassby

SPWilson, thank you, the paint design is awesome, you did agreat job.

Last edited by JASSMAN; 03-11-2003 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03-11-2003, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

When laying down that kind of SMACK for a boat, I believe a person is going to test drive the boat first no matter who says what about it and then he will make up his own mind.

BTW, Those 37' A/T's are nice, but it's the 32' A/T that's the RUNNER!

Last edited by KAAMA; 03-11-2003 at 09:43 PM.
Old 03-11-2003, 09:49 PM
Registered

I thought that this boat belonged to someone on the board. I watched as this boat was being built. Sweet ride. How do you like the 675 KE's?
Old 03-11-2003, 09:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

MPALLY, I posted 2 posts before yours, read above. The KE625's are sweet, but the 825's would have been better
Old 03-11-2003, 10:04 PM
Registered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by audacity
[B]
why do people always say they have rpm left???...so the throttles were not at wot?? was the boat dialed in for cruising?? you spend time and money to not dial a boat to full potential?? or you just can't get it to go any faster???

We had only certain props at the lake to test. 32 labbed bravo's and 34 labbed bravo's. Those motors are still pulling power and tourge all the way to the rev limiters. We were bumping them with the 32 and not able to get to full rpms with the 34's is what I meant. For me Joey, it was to see if the boat was a 100mph plus boat and that was proven. That is what I wanted. If someone wants to buy my boat and try to run it for all out top speed I know there is more. For me, I was satisfied with what we achieved.
Old 03-11-2003, 11:00 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Where's the popcorn???
Old 03-11-2003, 11:31 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Some people just seem to know it all!!!!! Read the article this time Waterspeed. And Joe maybe you should leave your personal problems with AT offline. All in all this boat kicked a$$ and made a good impression with people that READ the whole article!

I am, by no means, consider myself an expert on this topic, but I understood what I read!

Oh yea..just my .02!!!!!

Quick Reply: Thunder or BLUNDER Struck??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.