Like Tree0Likes

Thunder or BLUNDER Struck??

Old 03-12-2003, 11:15 AM
Registered

My Boats: It's how well you go fast

joe...looking for a boat that has a cabin?? or not?...don't care??
Old 03-12-2003, 11:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: fast boats

Dockrocker: To be clear: My comment about chine walking is a general statement, not regarding this boat, but ANY boat. The same applies to my comment about high speeds at poker runs...Read it again...
Old 03-12-2003, 11:28 AM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

Default AUDACITY

CABINS NICE BUT WHAT DO YOU HAVE , IM OPEN .YOUR PM IS FULL
Old 03-12-2003, 11:34 AM
Registered

cleared it!
Old 03-12-2003, 11:38 AM
Registered

Sorry, waterspeed, I misinterpreted. My bad.

Can someone please pass the popcorn?
Old 03-12-2003, 11:52 AM
Registered

My Boats: 37 Active Thunder

Quote:
Originally posted by bojoe2
well just read the article in pb mag it says a lot. i even considered taking a AT owner up on a ride but there is to much negitive here to consider AT as an opption, i have been in the market for a 37 powerboat as some of you know, and i have been favoring outerlimits and i just made my mind up thanks for the offer AT but not for me and sounds like also for many others. but its only a oppinion not bashing! bob teage has a say in oppions he tested the boat and seems TO BE A STRAIGHT UP GUY AND HAS TESTED AND DRIVEN MORE BOATS THEN MOST MEMBERS ON THIS BOARD. it just did not perform that good. if he said it was beter then all the competition, people would fire off on that so its a no win oppinion. so get some more pop corn and lets see how this show turns out. LETS ALL KEEP ON OUR FACE.
BOJOE2-

As with any boat purchase I would recccomend to go look at the product and take a ride and make your own decesion. Do not let me , Audacity, Jassman, Marcus, Bob teague or anyone else,(well except your wife if you are married ) make up your mind.

If you were considering AT and the only reason you are taking off your list is an article on a boat that is set up maybe quite differently than you are looking at ie 675 and 2 inch imco shorties), that is fine, that is your perogative, but whatever you do choose to narrow it down to take a test ride and make a decesion based on your experiences, not someone elses.

Waterspeed, aka Marcus was simple stating his concern with any boat chine walking and running in close quarters like in a Poker Run.

You are still welcome to go for a ride with me even if you deciede to get something else.

i am sure I will see you around.
Old 03-12-2003, 12:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Fast Boats , Fast Cars

I'm just a little curious as to why Jassman is selling his brand new boat. Does anyone know? It is a very nice looking boat.

Last edited by baja27; 03-12-2003 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-12-2003, 12:17 PM
Registered

AT has always had these rumors about the owner saying one thing and doing another...this even before i bought my AT....guess what....they were right...i got to see first had what goes on there!!!LOL..."come on down for the poker run, it will be ready"...show up no engine!LOL

my 32 runs GREAT...would i buy another one NEW?...maybe if the company got sold to someone with a spine!...no one ever says **** when pat doesn't come through on what he says or ON TIME....why,,,,because anyone buy'n a boat from him wants something...corrected, done the way the ordered it, repaired, or promised that better deal on their next boat from him...so they don't say ****!...I WAS ONE OF THEM...from day one i was...what changed for me....i don't need any of that BS anymore...

so it's TOTALLY like pat to show up to a powerboat test not ready!!!....so for every time pat said; F that customer, 'we got new boats to build'...over sold and under delivered! maybe times are about to change! and i would love for any past employee to come on here and tell us different! we all know there is a revolving door there! and for good reason!

Last edited by audacity; 03-12-2003 at 01:57 PM.
Old 03-12-2003, 12:25 PM
WickedWon

Jassman, beautiful boat and even though there are only a few pictures the detailing comes thru, my hats off to the boys at Active they've rung a ton of speed out of a big boat with a huge eqiupment list. Obviously the boats going to be"tender" at speed, there's no such thing as a free lunch so there can't be much boat or drive in the water, learn to drive it and KNOW IT'S LIMITS. I am curious about the, generator, pressure water system, flat screen, microwave, refrigerator..........With the speeds this boat is capable of, I'm afraid you'll be cleaning out the cabin with a pitchfork after the first bigwater run chasing other legitimate 90mph boats. Hell, the Miller Lite cans barely survive in the strapped down Igloo on my boat ! Remember when it really gets snotty, slow down, cause eventually ya gotta open that cabin door

Enjoy it, JD

BTW After having a bunch of boats built over the years, each one faster but with fewer and fewer amenities, I now think of two small Igloo's as the epitome of luxury

Old 03-12-2003, 02:16 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1999 World Cat 266sc, 2005 Shearwater 20

WickedWon, your right! But thats the nice thing about a custom builder, get it done your way, my opinion if you can't hose it down I don't want it. We have 2 boys and they make a mess at times.
Joe, as I recall the revolving door at AT has not been the employees choise. I also find it interesting that Jeff is sell it so soon I hear to buy a 42 AT, NorTech, or BlackThunder.