Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Terrorists and war (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/45128-terrorists-war.html)

spitfire1 03-14-2003 11:16 AM

MOAB.........thats a big bomb.......but answer me this....how are we going to use something like that without killing alot of innocent civilians......a bomb like that obviously packs one hell of a punch....How can we use something like that without killing innocent people whos only crime was that they were born in a desert with a maniacal dictator at the helm of their country.....

PhantomChaos 03-14-2003 11:30 AM

My Mom sent me this.............

Subject: Inspectors

Have you noticed anything fishy about the inspection teams who have arrived in Iraq? They're all men! How in the name of the United Nations does anyone expect men to find Saddam's stash? We all know that men have a blind spot when it comes to finding things. For crying' out loud! Men can't find the dirty clothes hamper. Men can't find the jar of jelly until it falls out of the cupboard and splatters on the floor.... and these are the people we have sent into Iraq to search for hidden weapons of mass
destruction?

I keep wondering why groups of mothers weren't sent in. Mothers can sniff out secrets quicker than a drug dog can find a gram of dope. Mothers can find gin bottles that dads have s tashed in the attic beneath the rafters. They can sniff out a diary two rooms and one floor away. They can tell when the lid of a cookie jar has been disturbed and notice when a quarter
inch slice has been shaved off a chocolate cake. A mother can smell alcohol on your breath before you get your key in the front door and can smell cigarette smoke from a block away. By examining laundry, a mother knows more about her kids than Sherlock Holmes. And if a mother wants an answer to a question, she can read an offender's eyes quicker than a homicide detective. So... considering the value a mother could bring to an
inspection team, why are we sending a bunch of old men who will rely on electronic equipment to scout out hidden threats?

My mother would walk in with a wooden soup spoon in one hand, grab Saddam by the ear, give a good twist and snap, "Young man, do you have any weapons of mass destruction?" And God help him if he tried to lie to her.
She'd march him down the street to some secret bunker and shove his nose into a nuclear bomb and say, "Uh, huh, and what do you call this, mister?" Whap! Thump! Whap! Whap! Whap! And she'd lay some stripes across his bare bottom with that soup spoon, then march him home in front of the whole of Baghdad. He'd not only come clean and apologize for lying about it, he'd cut every lawn in Baghdad for free for the whole damn summer.

Inspectors my ass... You want the job done? Call my mother.

cashmoney 03-14-2003 11:36 AM

yeh steve...There is no comparision

The US has FAR more war crimes than Iraq

They aren't even in the same ballpark

BTW...Thanks for your intelligent input

cuda 03-14-2003 11:38 AM

Originally posted by Spitfire1
How can we use something like that without killing innocent people who's only crime was that they were born in a desert with a maniacal dictator at the helm of their country.....
By enabling him to wield this power makes them not so innocent. If they don't want to be crushed along with the rest of the country, they should rise up and rid themselves of him. If not, the US will.

spitfire1 03-14-2003 11:48 AM

Cuda......that is the biggest bunch of BS I think I have ever read concerning this situation.....do you actually believe that......The U.S. is having this much trouble dealing with the guy and you want to justify killing totally innocent civilians in this manner????? Unreal.........You think that by dropping the MOAB it is going to help spread democracy and enlighten these poor souls to our way of thinking??? Think again.....something has to be done concerning Saddam but killing alot of innocents is not the answer...........unreal......this rivals the same genius that I have heard from some people saying we should nuke them......It is sad that so many are so uninformed and uneducated on what is at stake here..........

cashmoney 03-14-2003 11:54 AM

You want to put a face on war...?

Look here........666

Steve 1 03-14-2003 12:00 PM

Cashpennies
What the hell do you personalty know about the Iraqis??

Sean 03-14-2003 12:00 PM

Rich,

Keep in mind that there is alot of intelligence out there and I'd like to think that the US has the technology and intelligence to drop one of these bad boys on a military target and not a school...

yes, there will be innocents killed, but hopefully it will be minimal. Also, take a look at the news and look at all the "innocents" burning US flags and shouting anti US slogans...if they should be a casualty of the MOAB, so be it...

not tryin to jump on ya bro, just offering my perspective.

Steve 1 03-14-2003 12:03 PM

And cash I am not talking some Perverted Liberal antiamerican sewer webpage put up by some democrat transvestite. I want your first hand knowledge on the subject!!

Steve 1 03-14-2003 12:06 PM

Patiently waiting Mr. Expert