Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Terrorists and war (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/45128-terrorists-war.html)

packinair 03-11-2003 06:41 PM

Terrorists and war

I know I have had both these on here before but it has been ALONG time and sometime we might forget..

If you have ANY questions on why we should go to war click here

and for the rest of us.. alittle pump up click here

SPWilson 03-11-2003 07:08 PM

LET THEM SUCK ON THIS....

MOAB, privately known in military circles as "the mother of all bombs," has been under development since late last year. The bomb carries 18,000 pounds of tritonal explosives, which have an indefinite shelf life. It replaces the Vietnam-era "Daisy Cutter," a 15,000-pound bomb with 12,600 pounds of the less-powerful GSX explosives.

story

GLH 03-12-2003 09:13 PM

MOAB
Once they start chucking those bad boys around they'll have turbans landing in Australia.

Good links Packin.

R Addiction 03-12-2003 10:26 PM

Once they start chucking those bad boys around they'll have turbans landing in Australia.

I have no problem with that!!!!:cool:

Tom 03-13-2003 12:24 AM

Re: Terrorists and war

Originally posted by packinair
If you have ANY questions on why we should go to war click here

If you really want to know why we ARE going to war click here, not the excuse they are using as to why we SHOULD. This was written by the main players a year before 9/11 including Cheny, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Bush, Abrams, etc. They have been lobbying for this since the early 90's. It is almost word the same presentation as they made after 9/11 for our new defense strategy that includes "pre-emptive strikes" This is not some liberal propaganda, this is the real plan with their names proudly on it since they know the Americans are too lazy to actually look into anything.

CigDaze 03-13-2003 07:27 AM

MOAB...

Must have been one hell of a sight...

The Pentagon has been using the term "shock and awe" to describe the campaign military planners envision for the approaching war with Iraq. We may just have gotten an idea about what this means: On Tuesday, the Air Force tested what is described as the most powerful conventional weapon in the U.S. arsenal, the so-called Massive Ordnance Air-burst Bomb or MOAB. This weapon, tested at Eglin Air Force Base in the Florida panhandle, is also apparently known as the "mother of all bombs."

The MOAB is a follow-on to the BLU-82 "daisy-cutter," a 15,000-pound fuel-air-explosive weapon originally designed to clear helicopter-landing zones in Vietnam. The daisy cutter also saw action in the first Gulf War and more recently in Afghanistan, where along with the BLU-118/B thermobaric weapon, it was used against al Qaeda troops in fortified caves.

Weighing in at 21,000 pounds, the MOAB is packed with some 18,000 pounds of a gelled slurry of ammonium nitrate and powdered aluminum that is detonated by a highly explosive booster. It is satellite guided. The MOAB delivery package consists of an inertial guidance system, a global-positioning system, and fins and wings for course adjustment, making it extremely accurate. Like the BLU-82, it can be dropped by parachute from a C-130 transport plane before the satellite-guidance system takes over. Some reports indicate that it does not need a parachute.

The MOAB seems to be a blast-only version of a weapon designed to destroy buried hardened targets. This so-called direct-strike hard-target weapon (DSHTW) features a cobalt-alloy bomb body that enables it to penetrate to depths of up to 100-feet underground before detonating.

Defense officials reportedly describe the purpose of the weapon as primarily "psychological." The daisy cutter was employed in such a role during the 1991 Gulf War. DoD has certainly made no effort to keep the effects of this weapon secret. This lack of secrecy meshes with another recent news report claiming that a centerpiece of a campaign of shock and awe would be the purposeful destruction of an Iraqi Republican Guard unit as an incentive to others to surrender. A fuel-air explosion of the magnitude generated by a MOAB resembles a small nuclear detonation. If I were on the receiving end of such a weapon, or observed the effects of a MOAB strike, that would certainly seem like shock and awe to me.

Risk Taker 03-13-2003 08:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here it is....minus the parachuted cradle.........

cashmoney 03-13-2003 09:23 AM

Packinpropaganda...

You are reminding us of why to invade Iraq...by showing the WTC...?

Al'Quaida attacked the US on 9-11....not Saddam

Our President said he had SOLID proof

here is wht he shows the people LIES

But to actually make up fake documents and forge leaders names to it is down right sinister

we all know where Blairs "proof" came from...He clipped it out of some magazines, then called it "Classified British intelligence"

remember the first war...?....more lies

how about the lies coming out of the CIA

what kind of fool would still believe this liar...?

fatdaddy 03-13-2003 09:56 PM

Packin, thanks for posting it. I really enjoyed seeing it again.

Tinkerer 03-13-2003 10:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Why would he show us the hard evidence so that Saddam could then move it and say that we are lying. If when we go to war and then show you what they found what will you say then. That it was planted??? Why is it so hard for you to believe what our government says but you believe what a known terrorists says as being gospel.
HITLER didn't attack this country either -- Were we wrong to go after him.
What do we do wait untill SADDAM gives a terrorist a nuke and that terrorist then blows up your relatives and friends before you will believe that he is bad.

WHY IS IT SO HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND--FACE IT YOUR GUY LOST

bajacraig 03-13-2003 10:30 PM

WOW......thank you

Allan4 03-13-2003 11:02 PM

cashmoney......don't you guys ever get tired of embarrsing yourselves......? I'm being serious.

Liberals lie about undisputable facts on a daily basis, so why would be EVER believe any of your propoganda. I'm told it is good for the country to have such varying opinions on things, I agree, but I also think it is good because it reminds me of how greatful I am that I am a rational humanbeing, not some hate driven, fearmongering spindoctor who spews away without even coming close to representing the truth on most matters at hand.

Go ahead....dig up somemore illegitimate drivel and call it the truth...next week you guys will be on some other bandwagon. Packin posts sincere thread about something that has moved us all to tears and horror, changed our lives forever, and says nothing bad about anything, just reminds us of how we are so vulnerable and reminds us of why we are in this juncture and........BOOM before you know it you guys come in and BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH, Bush this, Bush that, Sudamm is just a lonely man who was troubled in his adolesence.....BLAH BLAH BLAH......what a surprise...diarehia of the keyboard strikes again. This is why your party is spirling down like a fat lady parachuting with a grocery cart.....you just try to ram your nonsense down everyone's throat. It's non stop....becoming humorous these days.

GOD BLESS THE USA AND OUR BRAVE TROOPS AND LEADERS.....DROP THAT MOAB AND GET THIS THING OVERWITH!!!

ALLAN:)

PhantomChaos 03-13-2003 11:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Allan4 03-13-2003 11:33 PM

That's pretty dagone neat. What a cool pic!!

cashmoney 03-14-2003 09:27 AM

Allen....This is typical kill the messenger behavior

I posted FACTS...and you can't stand it

It's easy to call my post propaganda...or just plain bull

But the FACT remains

Bush IS lieing..over and over

Here is a wake up call........$$$$

take a look at our banned weapons program

and maybe we want to use some banned chemical weapons in Iraq

Why don't we take a look at how the USA uses it's veto power....notice a pattern ?

And a look at the resolutions that Israel is/has violated

remember Afghanistan....?...well Bush doesn't.....and niether does anyone else

Bush did accomplish one thing in Afghanistan...They re-took the herion crown of the world...The warlords thank bush for this gift

I tell ya what...I use alot of boards...and the people on offshoreonly are the most misinformed about our appointed President...do your homework

GLH 03-14-2003 09:32 AM

I'v swarn off political discussions here so cash and cat when you'll post.http://www.abestweb.com/smilies/moon2.gif
:D

cashmoney 03-14-2003 09:56 AM

Thanks for the warning GLH

I did a Google search on US WAR CRIMES

over a million hits

Also did a search on IRAQ WAR CRIMES

300,000 hits

THEJOKER 03-14-2003 10:25 AM

Sadam's Palace - KA BOOM

I read that the MOAB bomb will be dropped on Sadam's palace's. Now that should be an awesome sight. I say take care of Iraq and move on to Iran next. By the way The Dixie Chicks CD's got thrown in the trash yesterday - BH

GLH 03-14-2003 10:51 AM

Originally posted by cashmoney
Thanks for the warning GLH

I did a Google search on US WAR CRIMES

over a million hits

Also did a search on IRAQ WAR CRIMES

300,000 hits

Then move there and bring your baseball glove.

Steve 1 03-14-2003 11:07 AM

What a Friggin A$$hole to DARE compare the USA to Iraq !! I am not going to even post a reply to that Imbecile.:mad: :mad: :mad:

spitfire1 03-14-2003 11:16 AM

MOAB.........thats a big bomb.......but answer me this....how are we going to use something like that without killing alot of innocent civilians......a bomb like that obviously packs one hell of a punch....How can we use something like that without killing innocent people whos only crime was that they were born in a desert with a maniacal dictator at the helm of their country.....

PhantomChaos 03-14-2003 11:30 AM

My Mom sent me this.............

Subject: Inspectors

Have you noticed anything fishy about the inspection teams who have arrived in Iraq? They're all men! How in the name of the United Nations does anyone expect men to find Saddam's stash? We all know that men have a blind spot when it comes to finding things. For crying' out loud! Men can't find the dirty clothes hamper. Men can't find the jar of jelly until it falls out of the cupboard and splatters on the floor.... and these are the people we have sent into Iraq to search for hidden weapons of mass
destruction?

I keep wondering why groups of mothers weren't sent in. Mothers can sniff out secrets quicker than a drug dog can find a gram of dope. Mothers can find gin bottles that dads have s tashed in the attic beneath the rafters. They can sniff out a diary two rooms and one floor away. They can tell when the lid of a cookie jar has been disturbed and notice when a quarter
inch slice has been shaved off a chocolate cake. A mother can smell alcohol on your breath before you get your key in the front door and can smell cigarette smoke from a block away. By examining laundry, a mother knows more about her kids than Sherlock Holmes. And if a mother wants an answer to a question, she can read an offender's eyes quicker than a homicide detective. So... considering the value a mother could bring to an
inspection team, why are we sending a bunch of old men who will rely on electronic equipment to scout out hidden threats?

My mother would walk in with a wooden soup spoon in one hand, grab Saddam by the ear, give a good twist and snap, "Young man, do you have any weapons of mass destruction?" And God help him if he tried to lie to her.
She'd march him down the street to some secret bunker and shove his nose into a nuclear bomb and say, "Uh, huh, and what do you call this, mister?" Whap! Thump! Whap! Whap! Whap! And she'd lay some stripes across his bare bottom with that soup spoon, then march him home in front of the whole of Baghdad. He'd not only come clean and apologize for lying about it, he'd cut every lawn in Baghdad for free for the whole damn summer.

Inspectors my ass... You want the job done? Call my mother.

cashmoney 03-14-2003 11:36 AM

yeh steve...There is no comparision

The US has FAR more war crimes than Iraq

They aren't even in the same ballpark

BTW...Thanks for your intelligent input

cuda 03-14-2003 11:38 AM

Originally posted by Spitfire1
How can we use something like that without killing innocent people who's only crime was that they were born in a desert with a maniacal dictator at the helm of their country.....
By enabling him to wield this power makes them not so innocent. If they don't want to be crushed along with the rest of the country, they should rise up and rid themselves of him. If not, the US will.

spitfire1 03-14-2003 11:48 AM

Cuda......that is the biggest bunch of BS I think I have ever read concerning this situation.....do you actually believe that......The U.S. is having this much trouble dealing with the guy and you want to justify killing totally innocent civilians in this manner????? Unreal.........You think that by dropping the MOAB it is going to help spread democracy and enlighten these poor souls to our way of thinking??? Think again.....something has to be done concerning Saddam but killing alot of innocents is not the answer...........unreal......this rivals the same genius that I have heard from some people saying we should nuke them......It is sad that so many are so uninformed and uneducated on what is at stake here..........

cashmoney 03-14-2003 11:54 AM

You want to put a face on war...?

Look here........666

Steve 1 03-14-2003 12:00 PM

Cashpennies
What the hell do you personalty know about the Iraqis??

Sean 03-14-2003 12:00 PM

Rich,

Keep in mind that there is alot of intelligence out there and I'd like to think that the US has the technology and intelligence to drop one of these bad boys on a military target and not a school...

yes, there will be innocents killed, but hopefully it will be minimal. Also, take a look at the news and look at all the "innocents" burning US flags and shouting anti US slogans...if they should be a casualty of the MOAB, so be it...

not tryin to jump on ya bro, just offering my perspective.

Steve 1 03-14-2003 12:03 PM

And cash I am not talking some Perverted Liberal antiamerican sewer webpage put up by some democrat transvestite. I want your first hand knowledge on the subject!!

Steve 1 03-14-2003 12:06 PM

Patiently waiting Mr. Expert

cashmoney 03-14-2003 12:06 PM

Steve...I know that the Iraqi population had NOTHING to do with the backdoor dealings that put them in this situation.

We armed Saddam...We supported Saddam even after he gassed his own people...We made Saddam.

Did you forget about this...?

Take a look here.....US ARMED IRAQ

Allan4 03-14-2003 12:08 PM

TYPICAL, PREDICTED RESPONSE

Cash, I am going to try to keep this short because it is not worth wasting time dealing with your nonsense and opinionated, one sided half truths. I knowingly made the mistake of opening your first two links, only to laugh at your sources. I did not even attempt to deal with the other links, waste of time. The first one is a matter of economic principle. Bush was in office 10 minutes and the democrats began to blame the economy on him.....then 9-11. The last 1 1/2 years we have been at war.....now here is the thing, the reason why people are begining to hate the democratic party and all of their absurditiy.....YOU GUYS ALREADY KNOW IT IS THIS STUFF.....YOU ARE LIEING, MISREPRESENTING THE TRUTH AND FEAR MONGERING!!!!!! PEOPLE ARE STARING TO SEE THRU THIS CHARADE OF CRAP YOU GUYS PLAY!!!!!! Again....why do you think the democratic party is crumbling? America is getting sick of you guys lieing and carrying on and trying to scare them into beleiving your inaccuracies and propoganda.

As for the stock market on your link, the market went striaght downhill when CLINTON went after Bill Gates (insted of Bin Laden of course.....go after a harmless computer geek, not an international mass murderer). Look up the dates, look up the REAL FACTS, NOT THE "FACTS" THAT YOU PULL OFF OF LEFT WING PROPOGANDA WEBSITES!!!!!!! Typically the market has nothing to do with the office of the President. YOU DEMOCRATS KNOW THIS!!!! However, Clinton made the first step to beach the ship on a market that was bound to correct itself becuase it had reached ridiculous levels of growth. Add a WAR to this and the economics become quite frustrating. AGAIN.....YOU GUYS ALREADY KNOW THIS STUFF BUT YOU CONTINUE TO PLACE BLAME ON SOMEONE WHO WAS THE GOVERNER OF TEXAS WHEN THIS WAS ALL TAKING PLACE!!!! LIE AND LIE AND LIE.

Clinton teed off on Gates and the market plunged. Peroid, no debating that.

I did not read the rest of your ignorant laced and hate filled links. If I did I'm sure I could blast them full of holes, as could any reasonable, honest person. You are coming dangeroulsy close to being Anti American. My advice to you is you better not take for granted your rights and freedoms. Maybe you should try a few days in Iraq....my bet is you would not even get off the plane.

Reply with whatever rhetoric and lack of principle you wish, I am done dealing with people who hate my country. Enjoy the ride down......you may learn something as you go.

ALLAN

Steve 1 03-14-2003 12:11 PM

Trash

No that is bull**** thank your buffoon Mr Carter for the Iraq situtation ;But you fail to answer my question !!!!! you are in here spouting off and I want to hear about your (key word here YOUR) Middle-East experience..
and I am waiting !!

spitfire1 03-14-2003 12:11 PM

Sean........this is going to be my last post on this thread....I am not going to try and change anyones mind, but I hope that the members that feel this way think about the people of Iraq, Do you think that they spend their free time posting on a boat site and enjoying this great hobby of ours....the majority of these people dont have a computer much less a boat.......this great country of ours has prided itself on doing the right thing or at least trying to do the right thing.......My point is this....we had better be damn careful how we handle this situation because the repercussions are going to be phenomenal......world wide.... how the United States is percieved....we cannot afford to screw this up......there are innocent lives at stake and a cavalier attitude is something we can ill afford......

Steve 1 03-14-2003 12:13 PM

Spitfire I care about American Lives.

cashmoney 03-14-2003 12:18 PM

Steve...I have read about the middle east ...Thats about it..

But I Know ALL about American double standards

How did Carter arm Iraq....?

This happened under Reagan/Bush

Steve 1 03-14-2003 12:20 PM

Cash I would suggest you brush up on your history then come back and we can talk..

cashmoney 03-14-2003 12:29 PM

Steve you are the one who doesn't know his history...

When did the WMD get transered to Saddam....?

Allan4 03-14-2003 12:38 PM

Originally posted by Spitfire1
Sean........this is going to be my last post on this thread....I am not going to try and change anyones mind, but I hope that the members that feel this way think about the people of Iraq, Do you think that they spend their free time posting on a boat site and enjoying this great hobby of ours....the majority of these people dont have a computer much less a boat.......this great country of ours has prided itself on doing the right thing or at least trying to do the right thing.......My point is this....we had better be damn careful how we handle this situation because the repercussions are going to be phenomenal......world wide.... how the United States is percieved....we cannot afford to screw this up......there are innocent lives at stake and a cavalier attitude is something we can ill afford......
I feel you are somewhat accurate, but remember why this part of the world is in such disarray and living like it is the 19th century. They do not choose this, they do not enjoy this, they live in fear and are ruled by a murdering, raping tyrant, (WHO ACCORDING TO CASHMONEY IS BETTER THAN OUR OWN PRESIDENT.....TRAITOR!!)This is not much different than the other times we removed evil from the world and set up democracy and freedom for the people in their own homeland. Same concerns everytime, the possible repercussions and such. You are correct. Infact, had the UN not gotten in the way in 1991, we would have removed Sudamm then. Instead we took the"diplomatic" route....look where that got us. One repurcussion you forgot to include is the loss of 1,000's of American's, past and future.

I agree with you, this needs to be done correctly, but to do nothing is the worst option....and most dangerous for us AND them. You gotta keep the good of #1 in mind. No one wants innocent people killed, but we already have lost 3,037 innocent people......more will come, just a matter of time...DOESN'T THAT CONCERN YOU?

Go talk to the people in New York who watched INNOCENT civilians make a conscious decision to jump to their death, go talk to the families who said goodbye to their INNOCENT Daddy on a cell phone right before his plane went nose first at probably 600mph into the Pennsylvania ground, go talk to the parents of the INNOCENT military personel whose office recieved a visit from a 767 one morning............Next time......that kid, parent or freind who cries as the news covers the tradegy of a lost loved one just might be you. We all need to ponder that as we form opinions about what is TRULY at stake. Our freedom is TRULY at stake......to me, that is MUCH more important than what some socialist French a-hole thinks of my US of A. They used our land as a battle ground and people are siting here talking about concern over what the world might think of us.......

God Speed to our troops, leaders and peoples......

cashmoney 03-14-2003 12:43 PM

Steve....You should look into Iraqgate before you pin this on Carter