Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Dixie Chicks and their comments >

Dixie Chicks and their comments

Notices

Dixie Chicks and their comments

Old 03-14-2003, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THEY ARE ALL WELCOME TO MOVE TO IRAC AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, I WILL PAY THE COSTS.
Old 03-14-2003, 09:51 PM
TulsaLarry

Looks like they have finally got the Divie Chicks Fan Page Forum up and running again after a few OSOers along with many others crashed the board this afternoon. Most of the threads still seem to be HATE THE CHICKS topics. Still haven't been able to find the DUMMY threads.

http://www.dixiechicksfans.com/cgi-b...ms.cgi?forum=1

Old 03-15-2003, 09:17 AM
TulsaLarry

Do you think maybe the Dixie Chicks read their Fan Forum?

From Natalie
"As a concerned American citizen, I apologize to President Bush because my remark was disrespectful. I feel that whoever holds that office should be treated with the utmost respect. We are currently in Europe and witnessing a huge anti-American sentiment as a result of the perceived rush to war. While war may remain a viable option, as a mother, I just want to see every possible alternative exhausted before children and American soldiers' lives are lost. I love my country. I am a proud American."

In other words, "I am an idiot and do not know how to think before I flap my lips. Please - Please - Please buy my CDs and don't hate me just because I'm stupid."

Old 03-15-2003, 10:24 AM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

If there is anti American sentiment then defend your country, don't dis it.
What a loser bimbo.
Old 03-15-2003, 10:26 AM
Registered

They are going to be in concert here in the US next month. Most of their shows are sold out. I wonder how they are going to go.
Old 03-15-2003, 10:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 84 Posts

My feelings are that any goofball piece of poop has the right to say anything they feel as long as:
*They are a US citizen.
*They are in the US.
*They are not saying making some kind of direct threat.

I feel that if they are outside of the US, then it is their responsibility to NOT say things in a public forum that are negative towards their country's current leadership. This means that if I were in England, that it would be inappropriate for me to have talked in a negative manner regarding CLINTON's leadership, were it to happen during his Presidential tenure. It is just part of being an American.

I also feel that in a pending war situation, that any international exposure by an American should be especially sensitive to this issue. I feel that a pointed remark towards the leadership is bordering on treason. And I hold myself to these standards as well.

Obviously, a person has the right to voice their opinions in a conversational one-on-one manner with a friend in any country or any place in any state of international conflict. I feel strongly, though, that one's public duty is to avoid negativity towards leadership when outside the country.

One's personal opinions about policy, however, are vastly different.

I feel that it is fine for Ms. Maines to publically vocalize her aversion to war, her hopes for peaceful resolution, and her love of all people. No prob. Her "embarrassment" of her president, though, is not appropriate and does indeed infuriate me.

Once a leader is no longer in office, though, I feel he is fair game for public discussion. Don't like JFK - tell whoever you want. Don't like Nixon, Carter, Ford, Bush Sr, Reagan, Clinton? Air it out.

A country as fine as ours, though, has earned its share of respect from those who enjoy its fruits (US citizens). Show your respect properly.

I hope poor Ms. Maines' mailbox and answering machine and fanmail and email are bombarded with clutter for the next ten years.

I personally know their producer. I have only attempted to call him once and the line was busy. I will not add my curious call to his obviously full list of callers, and will wait until it is convenient for him to talk to me. Bless his heart.

Those who agree with Ms. Maines must surely see the harm in her decision to speak in such a manner. America grants her the right to feel or speak her mind, but those rights are really only valid on US soil.

If somebody gives you a "lifetime lift ticket" at Aspen then you have the ability to ski all you want as often as you want for as long as you want any time you want in any manner that you want. That doesn't give you any right to ski at ALL at Snowshoe or Innsbruck.

As far as international sentiment, what the **** does that have to do with whether their comment was appropriate or not?
Old 03-15-2003, 11:07 AM
Registered

Well said
Old 03-15-2003, 12:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 84 Posts

Sad thing is, their US concerts have already been sold out. The money is in the bank. Concessions sales (t-shirts, fuzzy slippers, granny-pantys) should suffer horribly, though.

Album sales may be affected, too.

I'd not be surprised, though, for idiots to keep buying their stuff. Would only make sense...
Old 03-15-2003, 12:30 PM
Allan4

Mcollnstn....great post a few posts back. Very well said.

I look at it this way, when people start whining about their "rights" to oppose a war in any manner the feel necessary, I respond by saying...."Fine, you also have the right to have an affair, but does that mean that it is not immoral, wrong and damaging?"

2 things about this infuriate me. 1.) She said this overseas 2.) She said this on the FREAKIN PA SYSTEM!!!

I REALLY like their music, but this is just WAY wrong, no matter what the opinion is. It is not even a matter of opinion, but national security....Just like Sean Penn's "human rights" visit to Iraq a few months ago.

Go4broke and TulsaLarry, great points.

ALLAN

Old 03-15-2003, 01:27 PM
BTJ88

I thought I heard on the radio that they were supposed to be touring with Darryl Worley (his recent song "Have You Forgotten?" strongly supports the war) and needless to say - he isn't going to be touring with the Chicks anymore.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."
-Kierkegaard

Quick Reply: Dixie Chicks and their comments

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.