Notices

THE 28ss

Old 05-08-2003, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I want to know - 'cause I've had my eye on it for the past few years, just couldn't get the financials in order...
Old 05-08-2003, 02:29 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by cigracer28/38
I like that black on your boat. It looks so sinister.
It is kinda fun to watch the boat nose walkers at Dripping, bare footed, just strolling along, boat to boat and hit by black nose.... They tend to get a little spring in thier step. I reinstalled the old factory cable tie wire this spring. It should be real fun watching them try to just over that cable, while their feet are blistering from the heat off the black paint.

I bet they swim around me the next time!

RebarBox
Attached Thumbnails THE 28ss-dcp_0008.jpg  
Old 05-08-2003, 02:32 PM
Registered

Default Boys the 28ss could have a new home

Tentative plans call for a trade. Dreamer and I are working out the details. I have a new pair of 427 - 520's that I think would make that boat sing. Some hydraulic steering, 5 blade merc's, a stereo and some paint would give her a little flair. Stay tuned. NK
Old 05-08-2003, 02:53 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally posted by RebarBox
It is kinda fun to watch the boat nose walkers at Dripping, bare footed, just strolling along, boat to boat and hit by black nose.... They tend to get a little spring in thier step. I reinstalled the old factory cable tie wire this spring. It should be real fun watching them try to just over that cable, while their feet are blistering from the heat off the black paint.

I bet they swim around me the next time!

RebarBox
Man I like that boat! So you reinstalled the "trip wire" huh . hahaha That will be funny. Do you have Danny Tuttle do your work? When people step on the black part of my checkers they scream, and I laugh at their misfortune. We need to tie up some time and talk 28's! I can show you the really detailed changes that I made better if they are sitting side by side. Maybe give you some ideas for yours. Man your lookin good already though!
Old 05-08-2003, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Danny does all my work. I'm meeting him at duck this Saturday to change oil and look at some gauge problems I'm having. Will be at Drtipping that afternoon if weather and time allows.

I have been trailering her this spring. Having the lift installed today. That will make it much nicer.

RebarBox
Old 05-08-2003, 03:05 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally posted by RebarBox
Danny does all my work. I'm meeting him at duck this Saturday to change oil and look at some gauge problems I'm having. Will be at Drtipping that afternoon if weather and time allows.

I have been trailering her this spring. Having the lift installed today. That will make it much nicer.

RebarBox
Yeah, Danny has worked on our stuff for years. He's a great guy. I can't be there this weekend. I will be there next weekend though and every weekend after that!

Danny is supposed to have my trailer ready this weekend. I need to call him.
Old 05-11-2003, 06:59 PM
Registered

Default Hey Sean

I rode in your old boat yesterday. What a riot. My compliments to your rebuilding efforts. These boats are classics. No doubt about it. NK
Old 05-12-2003, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks NK...did you look under the dash...? That's my favorite part!

Good luck with the boat...gald to see another member got her...she certainly was alot of fun...