Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
New 36' Spectre cat w Arneson ASD 6 >

New 36' Spectre cat w Arneson ASD 6

Notices

New 36' Spectre cat w Arneson ASD 6

Old 04-12-2003, 03:16 PM
CESSNA

Please use a asd 8 it will last ,listen to these guys they have your best interest at heart !!!!!!
Just save money and you still have time to do it right ,,,you can run it to death and have a safety margin ... do it as you wish its yours as you say but you'll always ride knowing you scrimped !!!

Old 04-12-2003, 07:06 PM
Byron

How do you that I need to save money to do this? If I needed to save money I would buy a used boat! Plus I build a new boat every year so thats all it needs to last.

Old 04-12-2003, 11:17 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I still am at a loss to understand some’s interpretation of helpful advice. What would some be saying if he had chosen Bravo’s or a derivative of them instead? “Kick ass boat”? No one seems to be pushing a larger version of Mercury’s drives to anyone?

I think the majority of the Spectre’s have Bravo’s, and they have some really good engines in front of the Bravo drive units. What do they do if they want to upgrade the power?

No different for this guy other than he probably spent less $$ on the Arneson’s and I think they will take the power.
Old 04-13-2003, 01:35 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by Boatlesss
I still am at a loss to understand some’s interpretation of helpful advice. What would some be saying if he had chosen Bravo’s or a derivative of them instead? “Kick ass boat”? No one seems to be pushing a larger version of Mercury’s drives to anyone?

I think the majority of the Spectre’s have Bravo’s, and they have some really good engines in front of the Bravo drive units. What do they do if they want to upgrade the power?

No different for this guy other than he probably spent less $$ on the Arneson’s and I think they will take the power.
MOST SPECTRE HAVE BRAVO'S BECAUSE # 6'S DONT WORK ALL TO WELL UNLESS YOUR OVER 100, AND OST SPECTRE HAVE 500 ORS 575 VERY FEW HAVE BRAVO'S AND BIG POWER AND IF SO THEY ARE POPPIN BRAVOS
Old 04-13-2003, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Byron. Next time I'm by the shop, I'll have to take a peek at your rig.

For you skeptics, the 6's will be just fine. Who's ever broke one? ....virtually no one PERIOD!
Old 04-13-2003, 01:04 PM
bobby daniels

How many are out in the real world ??? 10 ?? just trying to help bryon !

Old 04-13-2003, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

10? This is exactly my point. You obviously have no experience to speak of with the package this guy has chosen. And to keep placing his decision down, just shows your lack of experience and knowledge.

I’m sorry, you have experience with all 10 right?

Also, what Mr. Slingshot said is right on the $$. Most of the Spectre's don't have huge power and this is the case here as well.

Good luck to the guy, I think he has chosen a good package.

And for what it’s worth, I have about as much experience with this as the rest of you.

None.
Old 04-13-2003, 04:08 PM
bobby daniels

Hey boatless I have a boat in my shop now with asd8 so at least I've seen one ,why do you even comment on this board when you admit you know nothing and don't own a boat sorry you don't even see I'm trying to help bryon make a good decision ,which all your trying to do is start some sh*&,get a life
how many do you think asd6's their are out there ?? not many in comparison to every other drive we've talked about in this thread ! So if your talking about not breaking vitually none thats not many 6's to compare to ,,of course this went over your head

I'm not going to waste anymore of my 30 plus years in the marine bus. even debating with a SELF PROCLAIMED KNOW NOTHING<
So argue with somone who give a sh%$,and get back on your skate board

Old 04-13-2003, 04:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Whats Arnesons web site, Ive got Pulses website and just want to compare the two, thanks Jeff

Last edited by JASSMAN; 04-13-2003 at 06:03 PM.
Old 04-13-2003, 04:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks Ambusher

Quick Reply: New 36' Spectre cat w Arneson ASD 6

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.