Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Need help collecting money LONG distance >

Need help collecting money LONG distance

Notices

Need help collecting money LONG distance

Old 04-14-2003, 06:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go the judgment route...once it is on the credit report it will be very hard to obtain credit from someone else....if this person tries to buy a home it will HAVE to be paid or they are SOL. I know, I am a Mortgage person and we will not let it slide...even if it was medical. This will also lower the credit score so hit him where it hurts and make this a glaring problem for life, it will NEVER come off until it is paid and will allow you to garnish wages. These are all very embarrassing things and will haunt them forever or until it is paid. You could also NAME NAMES. and we can shame this person into paying. By the way I am in Boston for the week if you are up for anything (4/14 - 4/18)
Old 04-14-2003, 09:12 PM
Registered

Call the state attoreney generals office in your state they will send you a form it is all free. The advice is also free they will tell you the best way to to go after this clown. Dont waste time do it now Hell I get pissed over my money the general can cross state lines takes time but it is your tax dollers at work give it a try. I did this on a boat deal gone bad a broker set up a deal on a 90 mph cat it ran 69 after a 1200 mile drive in a 454 truck I was not a happy camper. Then the boat tossed a rod then the broker cut me a hot cheque for the ernest money. Federal offence meet me in my state LOOSER! I got my money after all that so good luck By the way EGG HARBAY MARINA Not EGG HARBOR BOATS Again good luck.DENNIS
Old 04-14-2003, 09:18 PM
Registered

Call the state attorney generals office in your state they will send you a form it is all free. The advice is also free they will tell you the best way to to go after this clown. Don't waste time do it now Hell I get pissed over my money the general can cross state lines takes time but it is your tax dollars at work give it a try. I did this on a boat deal gone bad a broker set up a deal on a 90 mph cat it ran 69 after a 1200 mile drive in a 454 truck I was not a happy camper. Then the boat tossed a rod then the broker cut me a hot check for the Earnest money. Federal offense meet me in my state LOOSER! I got my money after all that so good luck By the way EGG HARBOR MARINA Not EGG HARBOR BOATS Again good luck.DENNIS
Old 04-14-2003, 11:07 PM
Registered

Jon,
Sorry for your misfortune. I'm really shocked that this member did this to you. I remember you working your A$$ of on his install. From his posts he seemed like a great guy. Maybe something has happened and he has fallen on bad times. I wish people would just level with you instead of avoiding you. I know quite a few of my business owners have really been hurting the last two quarters. Some have been operating at a loss for 4-5 months. I work with them the best I can as long as they level with me. I'm getting sick of making special trips to get paid to find that the owners don't even show up.

If you can't get this reconciled give me a call and I'll let you in on a way to get the IRS to collect the funds from him. The funds are considered unpaid taxes. You don't want to do this unless there is no other option or you want to get even. It will become very nasty for him if you file the papers.

Good luck,
Dan
Old 04-22-2003, 10:11 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Jon your buddy is posting on the "other" board