OT: My NEW Tahoe is in the SHOP again ! >

OT: My NEW Tahoe is in the SHOP again !

Notices

OT: My NEW Tahoe is in the SHOP again !

Old 04-17-2003, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rick,
I wouldn't fill out survey at all. Wife got an Olds mini-van and the drain plug was leaking on it. They just tightened the crap out of it and still leaked. Had another problem and the dealer didn't fix it either, but said they had a part ordered. Got the survey filled it out truthfully and the dealer calls me and tells me not to bring it to them anymore, they are not going to work on it. When asked why they said because I slammed them pretty hard on the survey.
I called the 800 number and talked to GM about this along with alot of people at work. Just so you know I work for GM.
Mike
Old 04-17-2003, 07:08 PM
Registered

Lemmoned a new doublecab Chex 1100 miles picked up a new Tahoe it was in the shop a couple times at 3200 miles after the second time..... I drove right to the nearest Ford realer and traded it for an Exc.
Old 04-17-2003, 10:53 PM
Registered

Scarabrick-
I bought a Pontiac for my wife a few years ago. A valve spring broke with 70 miles on it. Then it started to leak oil.....

Whenever I took the car to the Insane Clown Possee (Paretti Pontiac, Metairie ,La.) I would hand them a list of the problems, and then asked them to fix the car. Usual BS, 'they all do that' kind of stuff.

I would then ask for their business card, and wrote the time and date on back of the card while they watched.

In Louisiana the Lemon laws are handled by the Better Business Bureau. The vehicle is a lemon if it has the same problem that is not repaired after 3 tries, or if it spends a cumulative total of 30 days in the shop for repairs of any various problems- all of this during the warranty period, and the problem has to affect drivability.

In the hearing with the BBB I laid out all the letters, etc. and the cards as evidence of my trips (and frustration). The decision was in my favor, in that I proved that the dealership had 3 or more opportunities to repair the problems, and had failed to repair them.

Document everything- call your BBB and ask about the arbitration process.

My next step was to 'electrocute' the electronics with a TIG welding machine and high frequency AC......30 days in the shop, no problem.

Bulldog aka Anonymous
Old 04-18-2003, 08:54 AM
Mike J

Rick: How come you didn't get
a Olive Drab HummerII.
My wife wants a yellow one,'Im waiting for a fiberglass kit
to put on my old 88 GMC 4x4.

Whats up, The Base is off Red
now, But Randum Test are still
being Inforced, The one strike
and your banned from any Base
since 9-11.