Notices

Lake George, NY Offshore Demonstration Race and Radar Run

Old 04-22-2003, 05:50 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally posted by Shane
We will be keeping it reasonable on the speed and just have a great time.
AHHHHHHH YOU GUYS KILL ME FUNNIEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD!!! ROTFLMAO

Just kidding,
I've been in a few poker runs before and all intentions are great till the motors crank up. Then again I'm sure you guys know this, and man you guys are tremendously disciplined if all you guys manage to hold back with the rigs I am hearing about here.

Bob,
I would not feel comfortable getting into the fray of an event you guys run with people you all know and have confidence in. Besides the speeds you are talking about are outside of my level of financial boating commitment for now.
I would however like to go and hang with the Cig and may be do the Radar run if it's not to much of a headache. But mainly hook up with a bunch of like minded speed boat nuts!
It's in the planning for us to go and at least hang out. Weather my be the only intangible, then again if it's crappy I might go down by myself, the wife and kid are fair weather boaters. I'm positive a few hardcore friend might come down.

Thanks for putting something together early in the season and hope the weather is nice (the kind of weather that makes you forget all those fall and winter boating bills!).

I will call when it gets closer to solidify.
You guys can reach me at 802-734-8284

G.L. Harvie
Old 04-23-2003, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GLH,

I may be up by myself. If so, you are welcome to stay with me. I live right on the water. If you did not want to lug the big cig down, you are welcome to run with me in the little Skater. I do have someone else driving but the back seat is always open and after the event the front can certainly have a vacancy. If my parents come then accomodations may have to change slightly as my father's health is up and down day by day. But by all acvcounts right now I am solo. Wife is helping a friend move. Keep in touch.
Old 04-23-2003, 07:45 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Shane,
Thanks for the invite I will most definitely bring the Cig if I go one way or another. I always wanted to ride that pond, I have driven by often when golfing at Sagamore or beating on sports cars, those 9 and 9N roads are pretty deserted in the fall passed leaf peeping season... now if it's a chance to hook up with you guys I'm bringing the rig!
Thank you very much for the offer and I will let you know, soon.

How's that ice doing? Did some running on Champlain Sunday!!!
Old 04-23-2003, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by GLH
Shane,
Thanks for the invite I will most definitely bring the Cig if I go one way or another. I always wanted to ride that pond, I have driven by often when golfing at Sagamore or beating on sports cars, those 9 and 9N roads are pretty deserted in the fall passed leaf peeping season... now if it's a chance to hook up with you guys I'm bringing the rig!
Thank you very much for the offer and I will let you know, soon.

How's that ice doing? Did some running on Champlain Sunday!!!
ICE ICE BABY! Boy did it ever do some SERIOUS damage. Otis311 and I are going out in his Baja Sunday I think to take some photos of the devastation. I think it is all gone now.
Old 04-23-2003, 08:06 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I have a guy that use to work for me now works for "The Dock Doctor"says his been on LG and Saranac Lake for the last 6 weeks making a mint there!!! Don't you guys take docks out in the winter, that stuff becomes reeeaaaal hard when it goes under 32* you know.
Old 04-23-2003, 07:31 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Confirmed with the little lady and the man looks like we're there.
It was easy to convince the man he got new sticks today!!!
Attached Thumbnails Lake George, NY Offshore Demonstration Race and Radar Run-christopher-new-sticks.jpg  
Old 04-23-2003, 07:57 PM
AIRTIME

Hey Shane do they still race 4 x4s on the ice in feb I ran trucks from 1982 to 1986 , I've been wantig to bring my boat up for last 10 years, O well

Old 04-23-2003, 08:14 PM
checkmate981

Shane,
Is the radar run something new this year?Airtime,Yes they still have 4by 4 races there
Dave

Last edited by checkmate981; 04-23-2003 at 08:17 PM.

Old 04-23-2003, 08:43 PM
AIRTIME

THANKS DAVE Well instead of letting 509 sit in boat next winter , I should stuff it in to something run ex mod class . But first I should bring the boat up in july then to vt aug for the poker run gee that would mean I should get a match lit under my ass and get in gear, I have a big list of things to do on it

Old 04-23-2003, 09:00 PM
checkmate981

Airtime,
Same here,My new power is still sitting on the engine stand 1/2 done in the garage and the boat is in the back yard still shrink wrapped .
Dave

Quick Reply: Lake George, NY Offshore Demonstration Race and Radar Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.