Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Lake George, NY Offshore Demonstration Race and Radar Run >

Lake George, NY Offshore Demonstration Race and Radar Run

Notices

Lake George, NY Offshore Demonstration Race and Radar Run

Old 04-26-2003, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well this sounds like fun! the boss lady and i will make the trip sans boat, but should be fun to see, something to do for a day or two...if you guys are going to have a get together after the "race" let us know, we will represent the southern tier of the state!! Official Home of the Rain Cloud, Binghamton, NY
Old 04-26-2003, 10:23 PM
checkmate981

Toolman,
Keep it under 90 d at idle and stay away from shoreline when on plane and you will be fine....
Dave

Old 04-26-2003, 11:09 PM
checkmate981

GLh,
There should be plenty of places to park(boat) saturday night in the village. That launch is nice in Ticondaroga,Make sure you follow markers from launch to main part of lake.
Dave

Old 04-26-2003, 11:23 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks guys I will GPS the way down and will be out before night fall on Sunday so It should not be a problem.
Thanx FFtech for the info about no wake in West Channel How wide are those narrows anyway 30FT!!!!
Old 04-27-2003, 07:29 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I was looking at satellite pictures of the lake and I shouldn't have any problems. Also I am not very big on going outside marked channels, I've learn to dissipate the testosterone in my blood in much more enjoyable ways!!!
Old 04-27-2003, 09:06 AM
checkmate981

Forumulafastech,
north of the channel before that little bay where the marina is
I didn't here about the docks.
Dave

Old 04-27-2003, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SHANE,if you need another boat for the [race] i would bring mine up.37',90 mph,loud,lettered up.we are going to try to do the run on champlain in august also.let me know,chris
Old 04-27-2003, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GLH,

I WLL MEET YOU NORTH OF THE NARROWS !!! It can be alot tougher and alot more confusing than it looks on the charts. Miss a bouy while sightseeing and crunch !!! The launch at Mossy Point is fine. You will head south and the channel will be like a backwards S It is only 1-2' outside the channel rigt there but very well marked. Once you get out in open water you will see Rodgers Rock, a 300' rock face Mt on the west shore. If you stay aprox 1/2 mile off shoreline you will be in good water untill I hook up with you about 6 miles down the lake. We will talk more before the event. Dont worry about docking !!! It womt be a problem. I live next to a marina with alot of docks and a resteraunt with plenty of dock space that you can overnight on if your with me. If you change your mind about running on Sat. let me know

Bob

I got your message on the cell but have been running crazy. I will call back soon.
Old 04-27-2003, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shane, I never got home until 4 pm today.

Had an issue at the Firehouse to deal with, Then got a call from My wife saying that Safari Jim Sloseck's (my great friend) brother had past away this morning, Then coming home this afternoon Istopped by Lowes to get some stuff for the house and I get pagged while in the store to return to my truck. I get to my 23 hour old truck to see a crowd of employees around my truck picking up a HUGE wall cabinet that had fallen off a customers cart and into the side of my dually flare. It cracked the side, put a huge hole in it and scratched the hole side of the truck !!! $1000.00 damage done. And the guy is agueing with me its not his fault and Lowes doent wantto take responsability.

SOME DAY I HAD ......... Lots of boats at the A though

Bob
Old 04-27-2003, 08:08 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

No problem Bob we will hook up in time then!

Quick Reply: Lake George, NY Offshore Demonstration Race and Radar Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.