Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   APBA Offshore Chairman's Response to APBA "Report" (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/48222-apba-offshore-chairmans-response-apba-report.html)

CigDaze 04-21-2003 11:03 AM

See, there ya have it!
All you had to is just wait!
So, conjecture and speculation is once again proven worthless.

Mike, Thank you so very much for posting this and being a voice of reason.
;)

audacity 04-21-2003 11:05 AM

THANK YOU Mike A....we stand behind you 100%. What is right and the easy way are two very different paths almost always! We commend you for talking the right one and overcoming the many obstacles that challenge you and our motor sport every day. Offshore racings forward progress is stronger than ever for 2003 and beyond....Thanks for keeping us informed with the facts. See you in Marathon!

Ron P 04-21-2003 11:33 AM

Mike, after reading this, I have to wonder... What do you gain by staying under the APBA umbrella? The UIM connection? What is that really worth?

You've got the ball rolling, I just don't see what APBA brings to the table. You've established your own brand and track record so why continue to pay APBA? Is their brand that important to your program?

C_Spray 04-21-2003 11:33 AM

Once again - very enlightening. I hope this can all be straightened out with minimal damage to the sport , its spectators, its sponsors, and its participants.

AugiePensa 04-21-2003 12:09 PM

Mike.......Very COOL!!!!!!! Ron P may have something there.

Reindl Powerboats 04-21-2003 12:16 PM

Mike,

Thanks for the email and for keeping us all informed. See you in Marathon. There will be a story out this week on the making of a Race Team on H20 Perfromance.com. Included in our interview were reasons why we chose APBA. Should make for some interesting reading.

Chris Reindl

Hotfoot 04-21-2003 12:20 PM

HUMMMMMM!!!! TO BELIEVE OR NOT TOO BELIEVE.

mr_velocity 04-21-2003 12:26 PM

I like seeing the info, but didn't you just violate the same NDA?

FormulaFan 04-21-2003 12:29 PM

Mike, Thanks for explaining the situation. The big question, why do you need APBA? Sounds like a lot of extra hassle you and the racers don't need!

gdfatha 04-21-2003 12:30 PM

Mike

Thank you for the detailed clarification. I eagerly look forward to continued highly competitive Offshore raceing in the Sunshine state (Florida).

marc (just a fan)

ChrisK 04-21-2003 12:36 PM

This is my take on what I just read... I may be way off... but who knows. The other "report" we saw was clearly aimed at Offshore... This one is clearly aimed at APBA. What I am thinking, and again I may be way off base here but I would be willing to guess that the truth falls somewhere in between these two. Only time will tell at this point.

Risk Taker 04-21-2003 01:00 PM

Originally posted by Troutly
Gotta love the One Post Trolls :rolleyes: :crazy:
:D :D :D

Hotfoot 04-21-2003 01:14 PM

MIKE WHY SHOULD I BELIEVE THIS YOUVE BEEN LYING ALL ALONG!! AND YEA ITS ME AGIAN TROUTY

Fast Shafts 04-21-2003 01:31 PM

Mike,
Thanks for the response. I admire you for not getting involved in the "petty" issues on this forum, but for addressing the major issues.
Needless to say, most of us involved appreciate what your doing, and what you've already accomplished!
See you in Marathon!
Bob G.

Treadwellmotorsports 04-21-2003 01:34 PM

troulty,

sickem boy.:)

Treadwell

DaveP 04-21-2003 01:44 PM

Mike,

See you in Key West in November!

C_Spray 04-21-2003 01:46 PM

Originally posted by Hotfoot
MIKE WHY SHOULD I BELIEVE THIS YOUVE BEEN LYING ALL ALONG!! AND YEA ITS ME AGIAN TROUTY
Hotfoot, I'm afraid you've made yourself look much less believable than Mike:
1) SHOUTING!
2) Poor punctuation.
3) Poor spelling.
4) Unsubstantiated allegations.

Anyone is welcome to participate in OSO conversations, but please try to add something to the thread besides noise - any 3-year-old can do that. Let's hear your specific beefs. Just remember that you should bear in mind slander and libel laws when posting on the web...

audacity 04-21-2003 01:50 PM

Tread, how's that outer limits coming? gona be ready for marathon or savannah...it will be very cool to have an OL in the fleet again!

Hotfoot 04-21-2003 02:17 PM

C_SPRAY I WAS YELLING SO PEOPLE LIKE YOURSELF, WITH HIS CRANIUM INSERTED IN SUMBODIES RECTUM COULD HEAR...

Risk Taker 04-21-2003 02:23 PM

Ah geez......not another one of these schmucks....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

dockrocker 04-21-2003 02:27 PM

:D

boilerdaddy 04-21-2003 02:28 PM

Gosh, Chuck. Hotfoot must not be a Penske fan...

C_Spray 04-21-2003 02:31 PM

I'm just trying to figure out if Hotfoot's first name is Reggie or Fred.... (Not you, Too Old.)

Hotfoot - I think that you'll find the members of this board are completely capable of listening. Just tell us something with some substance to it...

Right Trouty...err, Troulty...err, Toutly...err, Scott?

Hotfoot 04-21-2003 02:49 PM

Well i'm only posting the true fact's

dockrocker 04-21-2003 02:59 PM

As opposed to the false facts? Of course, by definition, a fact is true. A fact cannot be false; if false, it is not, in fact, a fact.

Right Troutly?

Risk Taker 04-21-2003 03:03 PM

Originally posted by Troutly
Right on Mr Clinton :eek: :D
Ya beat me to it.........:rolleyes::D:p

CigDaze 04-21-2003 03:12 PM

Hotfoot
Hmmm, 4 posts saying a whole lof nothing; All 4 on this thread...
I have yet to see a single 'statement' from you, let alone a "true fact. :rolleyes:

dockrocker 04-21-2003 03:13 PM

From Websters:

Main Entry: fact
Pronunciation: 'fakt
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin factum, from neuter of factus, past participle of facere
Date: 15th century
1 : a thing done: as a obsolete : FEAT b : CRIME <accessory after the fact> c archaic : ACTION
2 archaic : PERFORMANCE, DOING
3 : the quality of being actual : ACTUALITY <a question of fact hinges on evidence>
4 a : something that has actual existence <space exploration is now a fact> b : an actual occurrence <prove the fact of damage>
5 : a piece of information presented as having objective reality
- in fact : in truth

I think #4 and #5 are the ones that apply here ;) :D

Kohldog 04-21-2003 03:13 PM

Hey folks, I think we've found "Bagdad Bob" the Iraqi information minister who told us how Iraq was winning the war! Let's see how hotfoots comments compare to his.

Hotfoot
"Well i'm only posting the true fact's"

Bagdad Bob
"My feelings - as usual - we will slaughter them all"

Hotfoot
"HUMMMMMM!!!! TO BELIEVE OR NOT TOO BELIEVE."

Bagdad Bob
"Let the American infidels bask in their illusion"

Hotfoot
"MIKE WHY SHOULD I BELIEVE THIS YOUVE BEEN LYING ALL ALONG!! AND YEA ITS ME AGIAN TROUTY"

Bagdad Bob
"Who are in control, they are not in control of anything - they don't even control themselves!"

Well, I think they match up pretty well! :D :D If you want to see more of hotfoot/Bagdad Bob's comments check out this website. We Love the Iraqi Information Minister

THEJOKER 04-21-2003 03:15 PM

and.......

And now you know why I support APBA Offshore LLC - MA may not be the most personable guy in the world but he keeps the i's dotted and t's crossed. Keep up the good work Mike - BH....

cuda 04-21-2003 04:01 PM

What fact was that??

Hotfoot 04-21-2003 04:13 PM

as for you trouty your picture on your post says it all, law enforcement,behind a computer. go get um . or is it hay you fetch....

driver53 04-21-2003 05:01 PM

MY MY LLC has there moonies out in force, want me to pass the kool-aid ????????

trooper1467 04-21-2003 05:03 PM

Sounds like alot of hot air and lawyer talk to me......

chaser 04-21-2003 05:09 PM

Mike A.

I would of thought you could have come up with something better than that, you had all weekend .....could you also tell me why you won't be racing in the BAHAMAS anymore? This answer should be good.

Treadwellmotorsports 04-21-2003 05:11 PM

hotfoot,

these particular issues are very close to many of us on this board. if you seriously have nothing to add then let the ones who want to dicuss this subject with some class do so.

Treadwell

Hotfoot 04-21-2003 05:18 PM

Did somone mention lawyer and somone else mention cool-aid, i'm in .....

fountain1fan 04-21-2003 05:20 PM

:D ;) ;) :p :p :cool: :cool: :eek: :eek: trop1457 sounds good to me

Treadwellmotorsports 04-21-2003 05:22 PM

chaser,

why so negative. all it does is ruin it for everybody else. mike should be commended for not bending over and fighting for what is right. this has been done so much in the past do we really need it again. as soon as somebody makes it to the top of the hill all they want to do is nock them off instead of sharing the hill.

let's say mike did give up. were in the world would you race. nobody else has the money, rules, staff and a whole lot more nobody see's. do you think we are dumb. we know mike has made mistakes. but if we all put our heads together to help mike instead of killing him them we just might get somewhere. mike does listen. i would have to say 90% of the chages mike has made was because the racers told him to. and many other chages were made because the fan's told him to. it takes time people . Rome was not built in a day.
mike monitors this board all the time. he see the things we want to change. just because it does not happen today does not mean it won't happen tomorrow. right now mike needs our support.

Treadwell

chaser 04-21-2003 05:53 PM

Treadwellmotorsports,

I'm not negative I just don't believe everything he says as the truth ...... he is a lawyer you know and they do slant the truth to their benefit . He does have alot of baggage following him ..... sarasota,ft. myers,cape cod,cleveland, and now maybe daytona....... I don't know maybe it's just me with all these questions ???????