Like Tree0Likes

LLC news release questions

Old 04-23-2003, 11:42 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

My Boats: Being a great husband and dad , boats , golf
Talking sofa racers

You boy's are making some great lap times - keep up the good work. Maus if being a sell out and a follower get's an award , you just won the Championship - congrats! I guess you were a better inspector than Paul Abreau and Innovation Marine? Your so far up Reggie's ass it is pathetic. Keep talking trash I think it's hilarious - BH
Old 04-23-2003, 11:52 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

My Boats: Being a great husband and dad , boats , golf
Lightbulb

Mark:

I've been involved with APBA Offshore for 5 years. I also knew Gene Whipp well. He was the very 1st person I spoke with in APBA Offshore. I also visited his dealership in Sarasota , I sat on his desk as he went over every picture on his wall. He also spoke very well about Alweiss and applauded his ability to deal with people like you. Lead , follow or get the hell out of the way - to the back of the line please Mr Maus - BH
Old 04-26-2003, 12:40 AM
Registered

I hope the sofa racers comment was not directed towards me.
Old 04-26-2003, 11:54 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

More from Detroit.

SUPPLEMENTAL REPORT TO APBA MEMBERSHIP
Thursday, April 24, 2003
SUPPLEMENTAL REPORT TO APBA MEMBERSHIP REGARDING TERMINATION OF LICENSE AGREEMENT WITH APBA OFFSHORE POWERBOAT RACING, LLC

Some of the bitter, personal, and inaccurate commentary issued in recent days by Michael Allweiss and APBA Offshore Power Boat Racing, LLC ("Offshore") has been brought to the attention of APBA. We regret that the discourse has reached this level of unpleasantness unprecedented in the grand, century-old tradition of APBA.

It appears that Mr. Allweiss and Offshore, through their recent communications on the Offshore website and elsewhere, are attempting to divert attention from the real dispute between APBA and Offshore.

In brief historical summary, Offshore last year became unhappy with its February 2000 License Agreement with APBA, which was commenced during the tenure of former APBA President Michael Jones and former APBA Treasurer Greg Jacobsen. Offshore triggered the termination provisions of its Agreement with APBA by refusing to pay the agreed amounts due APBA.

On October 2, 2002, Greg Jacobsen sent a memorandum to Michael Jones noting that he had reviewed the calculated fees due APBA from Offshore for fiscal year 2002. Mr. Jacobsen directed APBA staff to inform Offshore of that amount due at the end of the October 31, 2002 fiscal year and to insist on timely payment of that amount.

Offshore was given notice of that failure to pay, was invited to cure it, and refused to cure it. Had Offshore performed under the terms of the Agreement, the Agreement with Offshore would not have been terminated. Instead, Offshore proclaimed that it would no longer abide by the Agreement.
APBA, to protect the interests of its membership, terminated the Agreement and informed Offshore that continued use of its name would violate APBA's intellectual property rights. Offshore has continued to use the APBA name and has continued to refuse to pay the amounts due APBA for fiscal year 2002 and for 2003.

Charles Strang and Steve Hearn met with Michael Allweiss and Lee Mills of Offshore in a good faith attempt to settle this dispute in a manner that might be mutually beneficial. As set forth in the April 17, 2003 Report to APBA Membership Regarding Termination of License Agreement With APBA Power Boat Racing, LLC, the settlement demands made by Offshore were simply outrageous and offered no hope of a compromise beneficial to APBA's membership.

On April 17, 2003, we informed Offshore's North Carolina counsel in writing of APBA's desire to have these disputes decided in an orderly, professional fashion in an arbitration proceeding, as agreed to in the February 2000 License Agreement, in accordance with the arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. In the meantime, APBA does not intend to engage in the types of personal attack and invective that have characterized Mr. Allweiss' and Offshore's recent communications on its website and elsewhere.

Contrary to Mr. Allweiss' assertions, APBA breached no so-called "confidentiality agreement," regarding the recent settlement proposal described in the April 17, 2003 Report. No such agreement existed. Moreover, in light of the aggressive demands and threats of litigation from Mr. Allweiss and Offshore, APBA felt its membership needed to understand why APBA had decided to end negotiations and submit this matter to arbitration.

APBA is grateful for the strong support and demonstrations of confidence from its membership over the past week. We hope that these outstanding issues will be resolved in the reasonably short term in the appropriate forum.
Old 04-26-2003, 01:55 PM
Registered

Mark,

What are you doing these days ? Do you miss those phone calls from Ocean spray in the drivers meetings.

That was almost as funny as bill westbury (spirit of Houston) saying a certain endangered mammel tasted just like chicken
in the drivers meeting in worlds in Cape Coral.

See ya,

Curtis Morris
Team Yahoo
Old 04-26-2003, 06:47 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1986 Formula 357SR Kaama

Damn guys...take some friggin' spelling lessons.
Old 04-26-2003, 08:17 PM
Registered

My Boats: BOAT RACING--MOTORCYCLES

Joker-lighten up-you think you are the offshore authority,by reading your posts you seem to be qualifying people by # of posts,if they post their names,how much you think they know about the sport-ect.------by the way smart-ass,it's the couch racers that buy the products that sponsor the racers-get it?--you must have skipped the public relations seminar-john