Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   racing today and yesterday (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/49311-racing-today-yesterday.html)

Ron P 05-23-2003 12:08 PM

Ah Uncle Eddie. That's what I thought.

John Force is THE MAN. I root for him to win just so I can listen to him ramble to the announcer after the race.

Anyone can do the same as he does. Just have 12 cups of coffee and run 300mph in 5 seconds, you'd be jacked up too.

You missed one part.

"The ol girl sat there an shook for a moment to get the flees out and then she ran down the track about 3/4 way before the candles went out. Tony's a good driver but the lord was with us on this run"

It always amazes me how little an offshore team has to say about a race once the mic gets stuck in their face after the race. Seems like they didn't need to do much to get around the course.

The only one that I like to see talk on TV is Mad Dog and Hollywood.

Ron P 05-23-2003 12:11 PM

Billy Mauf doesn't do a bad job on TV,,, as long as he's pissed.

Ron P 05-23-2003 12:12 PM

Hey Shifter, how come the APBA site shows all the Super Vs running Weismann drives? Is that accurate?

audacity 05-23-2003 12:20 PM

just nigel in the lucas oil boat this year...ettore was using them last year as well.

cuda 05-23-2003 12:37 PM

Originally posted by Ron P

The only one that I like to see talk on TV is Mad Dog and Hollywood.

I enjoyed watching them talk chit on the Apba year preveiw the day we left to go to Marathon. It made me pay special attention to that boat to see how they did. I guess it ain't talking chit if you go out and win the race!:) What happened to the other crew that was talking smack to them in that program. They weren't in Marathon were they?

Jeff 05-23-2003 12:40 PM

what ever happen to the white Ettore boat that spun in front of the Peir in 99 worlds. We were behind that boat in B-class and we thought for sure it was going over. I think Cobie Cleins wife, Cheryl was in the back seat? Is that the same boat as now? Still have a few of those sqeegies Mike gave us, they work great.

shifter 05-23-2003 12:55 PM

Ron,
You must be looking at the Site of the future.

Jeff,
It raced in 2000 and was rolled in San Diego by Cheryl's X. The boat was sold to Rique Ford. He made it into a pleasure/race boat. He sold it this year to a pleasure boater. Boat #2 is for sale. Boat #3 is a fountain.

T2x. I am trying to tie the Mac conferance and Skaterfest together. What are the best days to go to Skaterfest?

pat W

T2x 05-23-2003 01:18 PM

Originally posted by shifter
T2x. I am trying to tie the Mac conferance and Skaterfest together. What are the best days to go to Skaterfest?

pat W

Either Saturday June 7th or Sunday June 8th...... We talk a little, ...take a boat ride a little....talk a little...party a little.....laugh a little.. ..repeat above until golden brown.

Come if you can..... We would love to have you and I promise you a captive audience..... (There's a B&D convention next door).

;)

T2x

shifter 05-24-2003 01:00 PM

It sounds like Patel is running the state.
pat W

fountain1fan 05-24-2003 05:05 PM

BH BITE ME ASS HOLE did you under stand that mike a jr