Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   racing today and yesterday (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/49311-racing-today-yesterday.html)

Ron P 05-24-2003 05:51 PM

Hey T2x, where did Bill Wishnick fit into the offshore picture. Did he run the boat Basa Nova?

Bill still has a condo on the Mansquan inlet and likes to watch the races. Gotta love old rich guys with pony tails. Now he lives to ride his many bikes.

fountain1fan 05-24-2003 09:56 PM

mike not you jest bh and i meant what i said earlyer as for mikeass wise jr is who he is trying to be like mr ass apba ceo

THEJOKER 05-25-2003 08:54 AM

haha

F1F:

Things I'm sure you've never heard of:

Dental Floss
English 101

haha - BH

cuda 05-25-2003 09:09 AM

Must have taken Puter 101 in school.

T2x 05-25-2003 08:54 PM

Originally posted by Ron P
Hey T2x, where did Bill Wishnick fit into the offshore picture. Did he run the boat Basa Nova?

Bill still has a condo on the Mansquan inlet and likes to watch the races. Gotta love old rich guys with pony tails. Now he lives to ride his many bikes.

Bill Wishnick, founder of Witco Chemical....originally owned either a 28' Donzi named Broad Jumper or a 23' twin Engine Formula named Holocaust back in the mid 60's....Then he owned a a 32' Aluminum Maritime hull named Big Broad Jumper...which I think he renamed Boss'O Nova...to indicate his boat company Nova Power boats.....later absorbed by Wellcraft. Bill was a very competitive racer....and later...... chairman of APBA Offshore. He also has a heck of a sense of humor. Brownie can fill in the blanks on the boats as he was involved with the "Broad Jumper" boat at the time.

T2x

Ron P 05-25-2003 09:20 PM

One of Witco's products is Kendall Motor Oil, hence his daughter's name, Kendall. Which came first? The oil or the daughter? Bill's car collection was housed in the warehouse next to my office in Farmingdale for several years. Bill always invited some of us for the big party he threw for the Kendall Drag race drivers before the summer nationals at raceway park. Neat guy, very low key, very rich and wore a pony tail. I just couldn't see him in the board meeting of a multibillion dollar company.

I believe Bobby Moore was a team mate of his at one time.

I remember seeing Boss 0' Nova as it sat behind what is now Lightning Jacks for many years. I guess they didn't have outdrives in the stone age. I remember seeing shafts and rudders like an inboard.

BROWNIE 05-27-2003 08:32 AM

Bill Wishnick is probably the nicest guy on the planet. He was my money man at Nova. We raced together for a couple of years, with pretty good success. He later invented the throttle man (Bobby Moore) when he bought Odell Lewis's 31' Bertram with the very first #3 Speedmasters. No power steering! What a ***** to steer! No ordinary human could steer with one hand and throttle with the other. He owned a 23' Formula w/turbo 427 Daytona vee drive, "Amalie Oiler", 28' Donzi "Broad Jumper", 32' Maritime, "Big Broad Jumper", 32' and 36' Cigarettes, Boss O' Nova" Get it?

fountain1fan 05-28-2003 09:15 PM

we out to get bobby more to chime in on this therd t2x give him a call

fountain1fan 05-30-2003 06:46 PM

mike i doint thank we met yet but i hope to meet you one day . talking on oso i thank you are a great person and it would be geat yo call you a frend by the way i woun't a ride on that concept if i ever go to fla or you bring it to nc robbie rogers

fountain1fan 05-30-2003 09:21 PM

i know what you mean i love fountains local plant so that helps what concept did you by and how fast i can't wate till i get my 31 sfc tw 300x allmost the perfict boat the 38 sfc has that spot but ill be happy with the 31 with no regrets great luck with your concept the reason i like the fish boats is no carpet and a fast clean up wash it out and your done mike if you ever wount to call it 336 635 6886 home or 336 344 1610 cell