Truck dealer changed prices on me >

Truck dealer changed prices on me

Notices

Truck dealer changed prices on me

Old 05-13-2003, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck dealer changed prices on me

Ok. Here is the story. I've been talking to a dealership about buying a truck. It was a Chevy 3/4 ton diesel allison pkg. loaded with options. While surfing on the net and checking the rest of his stock I noticed he had two GMC's exactly like the Chevy I was going to test drive on my lunch break. The GMC's were $9,000.00 cheaper. I asked him why. He tried finding them on his computer at work while I was talking to him on the phone to find out what I was talking about. He could not find them in his inventory. He said let me call you back.

Calls me back and apologizes and says these trucks were advertised incorrectly. I harass him jokingly asking why not sell me one at the advertised price...and said I understand. However, I do have a printed copy of this GMC truck with the stock # and VIN # with the advertised price I printed off the internet. vs. the new price.

What would you do, if anything? I'm not someone who "takes advantage of people or situations". I believe what comes around goes around. This was an honest mistake. But, could someone press the issue and purchase that truck based on their advertised price?

The price advertised was $31,685. Did not include the $3000.00 rebate plus another 17% I get from GM.

Just curious...

Last edited by Luv-N-It; 05-13-2003 at 01:36 PM.
Old 05-13-2003, 11:19 AM
Registered

Push it, its alot of your hard earned moneyn and its not like your gonna hurt the company .
Old 05-13-2003, 12:13 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by JUST ONCE
Push it, its alot of your hard earned moneyn and its not like your gonna hurt the company .

Not gonna hurt the company??????????????

Damn, you must have a business that does not have any overhead.

Personally I would do my home work and determine if it was a real mistake or if they are trying to screw you.

Being in business, I understand that you have to make a profit to remain in business. If it was an honest mistake, I would expect them to give me their best deal, maybe even better than normal under the circumstances, but I would not expect someone to loose thousands of dollars because of something like this.

That is what is wrong with our country now.
Old 05-13-2003, 12:21 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

State law may have something about the vehicle that is advertised must be available for sale. To serve this purpose dealers will keep a few stripped trucks to support the ad. If the truck never existed they may have a problem that you could benefit from. The question is if you want the stripped truck.
Old 05-13-2003, 12:22 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

What does the window sticker say?
Old 05-13-2003, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Dock Holiday. However, as hard as it may be to believe, it could be the old "bait and switch" routine to get people to come in the door. If you find this to be the case, get an attorney and take the sumbag to the cleaners by making him honor his advertised price.
Not only that, but what about those dealers that "match any advertised price"? Could be some cheap trucks for people, and a chance for a little revenge for car dealers treating people like they are idiots.
Just my .02
Old 05-13-2003, 12:27 PM
Steven Toth

PUSH IT to the MAX, it worked for me.

I purchased an 2003 Suburban that was advertised incorecctly by the dealer. I took the add to the dealer and told him I wanted to purchase this vehicle today. He verified the add was placed by them and it was an error with the advertising group and sold me the vehicle. The add was revised next day. GO for it.

Steven

Old 05-13-2003, 12:28 PM
Registered

Again, I'm not out to screw anyone nor do I believe they were trying to screw me. This was an honest mistake. I have posted this for conversation only.

Cord, I have the print off with the stock # and VIN # indicating what truck it is. Don't want the stripped truck. The truck does exist.

Ron P, I think he told me the sticker was $42,000.00 and some change.
Old 05-13-2003, 12:30 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Steven Toth
PUSH IT to the MAX, it worked for me.

I purchased an 2003 Suburban that was advertised incorecctly by the dealer. I took the add to the dealer and told him I wanted to purchase this vehicle today. He verified the add was placed by them and it was an error with the advertising group and sold me the vehicle. The add was revised next day. GO for it.

Steven
Really, how "BIG" of an mistake/error was it?
Old 05-13-2003, 12:46 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Well, if it's a realy truck. The one that you want and they advertised it, then there is no reason why they shouldn't sell if that price. Yes, it does sound like a bait-n-switch.

Quick Reply: Truck dealer changed prices on me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.