Notices

The rant of the day

Old 05-15-2003, 01:35 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by VinMan
Whats wrong with 944's!!!
Lets not start pickin on us low budget Porsche owners!!
================

What the hell Is a Porsche???

(proud owner of a Taurus)
Old 05-15-2003, 01:39 PM
Registered

Tim G
I love it, that makes all the time fixing, payments, gas bills etc so worth it
Old 05-15-2003, 01:41 PM
Allan4

Gotta love when you see 'em at the ramp......

I hear ya loud and clear Packin....., don't let it get to ya too much, just the way some people are. Everyone else who knows him knows that he is a renob anyway......

Old 05-15-2003, 01:46 PM
Registered

Originally posted by gdfatha
================

What the hell Is a Porsche???

(proud owner of a Taurus)
A smart owner of a Taurus!!
Old 05-15-2003, 10:47 PM
Registered

I think it's a great thread. We've been boating for over 30 years and have always "wanted" one of those high performance boats. Well we finally have one. I also remember asking those high perf. boat guys questions about their boats. Some answered my questions and kept the excitement alive, others blew me off and made me feel.......well.......not real good about high performance boaters.

I said to myself, that if I was ever lucky enough to own a boat like that I would treat people that way I wanted to be treated. And I do my best to do that.

I am actually very sensitive about people asking about the boat. I really do not want to come across as an arrogant ass who thinks he is better than everyone else because I own a boat (I do think it's a really cool boat). So I answer all questions (except the one about how much it costs) about the boat. Makes me feel good people are interested enough to ask. The least I can do is show interest in them and their questions. Even if they just say "nice Boat" I always say thanks.

Last edited by h2owarrior; 05-15-2003 at 10:53 PM.
Old 05-15-2003, 11:53 PM
Registered

Nothing wrong with 944's- it was some of the owners' attitude!

Bulldog aka Bullfrog
Old 05-16-2003, 12:10 AM
Registered

What did the boat look like Scott? Where at?
Old 05-16-2003, 09:22 AM
Allan4

H20....I'm the same way, it's just my nature to be nice to people, so I yap away as well. I'm not better than joe shmoe becuase I have a fast boat..........

Old 05-16-2003, 09:24 AM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Allan,
Inside secret... We are better... We just try not to make it tooo obvious.
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 05-16-2003, 10:02 AM
Registered

If the person that walks up to me seems to know something about boats I'll talk to them but if they say that's a nice Cigarette boat you have, ( I have a Sonic) and I'm in a hurry I tell them it's not mine I am just filling it up for my boss. But when it take's 30 minutes to fill the tank's and coolers you wind up talking to about 20 people.

I was sitting in my boat with about four other people at a dock at the local bar and there was this guy and girl walking down the dock. I over heard her saying what a waste of money why would you need something this big what's he making up for...........( I have a 42 ). So they get to the end of the dock turn around as she's coming back I turn the radio down and as she's at the bow I hear her call me stupid. I stop her and ask why am I stupid and the boat a waste, she says it just is. I asked her if she has a vacation home, she says no but she would like to have one. So I tell her all the places I have been in the boat, Bahamas, Key's, Lauderdale, Miami, South Beach...... Then she asked where do you stay, I said right there and pointed to the cabin, she's says oh boy that must be nice. What a kunt. I told her go check it out but shut the door because the A/C is on, she give's me a funny look and step's on the boat and go's down in the cabin. I just let her go by herself. She was down there for about 2-3 minutes came back out and says, I didn't know they looked like that inside it's nicer than my condo, I guess I'm the stupid one. I said you said it.

Quick Reply: The rant of the day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.