Notices

The rant of the day

Old 05-14-2003, 10:32 PM
packinair

Angry The rant of the day

OK here is my rant of the day.. I was getting gas a few minutes ago and there was a guy with a older scarab at the pump next to me.. I told him I like his boat, it was nothing really special but it was a fellow boater. he snubs me and says "yea I know" so I brushed it off and asked what he has for power.. he said " big ass expensive motors" WTF!!! I so wanted to point out the fact that I could turn one of my motors off on my cat, tow his boat and still kick the **** out of him. Then on my way home I was thinking (YES DAMN IT !!! I WAS THINKING) and for some odd reason Tom Abrams (sp) with Tomcat popped into my head, now here is a guy with one of the baddest boats on the planet, maybe even the galaxy and I have met him (I am sure he has no idea who the hell I am) and he was a really nice guy. and if I recall l correct when someone asked for a ride on his boat on the board he said no problem, make a donation to so and so charity and your in. Now here is a stand up guy who could snub just about anyone in the boating world and still be king and seems to always just be a real guy, then this turbo a$$hole with his POS scarab thinking he is God. Here I don't have the coolest boat but I am the first to talk to someone at a gas station and be polite, after all, the sport is only as good as the people involved.. Why I felt it important to bring this up I really don't know, but if you are the guy from Toledo with the scarab that was getting gas tonight, you are a Dick and give us a bad name

Old 05-14-2003, 10:44 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a GOOD story from today's travels.

I was at West Marine today to return a bad bilge pump. Had to wait for the manager a second while he talked to a guy about batteries. Then this guy says he has a 465 ci 725 blown motor in his boat. Of course my ears perked right up!!! So I of course ask him what he's got all that power in? A 24 Baja like mine!! Turns out I know the boat, it used to be called Shark Fin Soup (which was written in Japanese on the sides of the boat). It still has the jaws painted on the bow and they look awsome!! I was once towed in when my drive blew out by the former owner. Boat runs 88mph on GPS. Current owner is a really nice guy. We made the manager wait for us!!!! See, there are some good guys out there packin!!!

Oh, and they gave me a new bilge pump. Wouldn't help with the motor damage caused by the failure of this supposed automatic pump, but oh well.

'Foul
Old 05-14-2003, 10:48 PM
Registered

That guy is a shapeshifter-
He can be found in 78 Corvettes, Porsche 944's.....

I went to watch an Autocross one Sunday, and drove my wife's Pontiac there. Some Buttholes with 944's acted like they were BBBAAADDDD to the bone. Until one of them recognized me and said 'Don't you have a 911?' and I politely corrected him- 'No sir, it's a 450 HP 930 Turbo'

Lately, I also ran across Mr. Scarab and a Mr. Top Gun, and hope to see them on the water this summer.

Bulldog aka Ronnie
Old 05-14-2003, 10:51 PM
packinair

oh, I know there are alot of great people in the sport, I THINK my point was alot of people look with envy at the boats because alot of people will never own a hot boat. I was commenting on how SOME people think it makes them better than others and other people are just everyday joes blessed with the love of the sport

Old 05-14-2003, 10:59 PM
packinair

People like this just REALLY REALLY get under my skin. I used to rave fedral mogal dragster and funnycar, as a result we had a TON of spare parts. I was always the first one to help out the guy with the 1978 18 second montey carlo with the childseat in the back and the 6 different color body panels. he was there doing the best he could just like the guy next to me with the other funnycar.

Old 05-15-2003, 12:19 AM
Steve_H

packinair , good thread man!

ive experienced both types in my short years as a boating enthusiast.

the ones that get under my skin is the 18 year old kid with the 200k cig THAT DADDY BOUGHT HIM.
he is also the one that cant pass a mirror without admiring himself

then theres guys like the owner of LICK THIS that had time to answer all the stupid questions (mostly from me) from anyone that walked by.

the good news is guys like LICK THIS greatly out number your mr. scarab.

Old 05-15-2003, 11:58 AM
Registered

I'm sorry Packin, I was towing my buddy's boat for him and he didn't get me any doughnuts for the trip and I was a little edgy, I'll try to be a little more gracious next time we meet. Laterz Mark
Old 05-15-2003, 12:10 PM
Registered

My wife gets pissed because I spend so much time answering questions at the gas station, that we are usually late to the ramp.
When people see #'s on a boat they always ask questions. I try to recruit fans at very stop. Our sport needs it
Old 05-15-2003, 12:10 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

Wouldn't that be funny............
Old 05-15-2003, 12:12 PM
Registered

The funny thing is, the people who ask the dumbest questions are the most appreciative of your time. they are just clueless about what we do

Quick Reply: The rant of the day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.