Chain Of Lakes     Fox Lake Il >

Chain Of Lakes Fox Lake Il

Notices

Chain Of Lakes Fox Lake Il

Old 05-20-2003, 11:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Chain Of Lakes Fox Lake Il

Anybody going down to fox lake for this weekend?? We are going to leave friday morning!!
jason
Old 05-21-2003, 01:39 AM
Mr. Demeanor

Stay in the channels and watch your depth gauge. If youve never been, its shallow. Ive dinged props because i didnt look at my gauge coming out of a no wake zone. Remember that prop drops when you give it the throttle. It will be nuts there this weekend so i will be staying away. If you dont have a "Chain of Lakes" water use permit sticker on your boat, you will get stopped and ticketed, garaunteed! You can get a season or dailey passes at any marina on the chain. Ben Watts Marina off Rt. 12 probably has the nicest ramps and is centrally located. Have fun.

Old 05-21-2003, 08:00 AM
Registered

310 I live on the Chain and will most likely be out there Sunday and/or Monday. Saturday I hoping to make the C.O.P.S. run on Lake Michigan. I have been opt a couple times this season. As for the number of boats out this weekend it should not be too bad if the weather is what they are calling for, high 60's. There are a lot of fair weather boaters out there. If you want you can e-mail me and We can possible meet up. If you have not been on the Chain before there are some lakes that are worse than others, also there are some spots that have rocks on the bottom and are to be avoided. For the most part it usally is a great time.
Old 05-21-2003, 08:33 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 515 Posts

Klaw from here on the board lives up there on the Chain in McHenry. Try to PM him for some recent info.
Old 05-21-2003, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

I also live on the Chain. I love it! I keep running to the window every time I hear a bad boat. On the Chain that is about every two minutes. Wave when you drive by. I am on Pistakee Bay. Look for my little boat on a the lift, a red 25 SXT Warlock cat with twin red O/B's. Hopefully the Motion will be out this weekend as well. Have fun and be careful. This past weekend a 32' Fountain spun out at about 80mph while trying to race a boat around a tight corner in front of my house.
Old 05-21-2003, 01:59 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I live on Channel Lake on the chain - yellow/purple Donzi. Water levels are quite high right now so if you are not familiar with the "danger zones", now would be a good time to check things out. Blarney boat races start next Thurs. as well. Feel free to give me a call on my cell if you need info or help. Will most likely be out on Thurs - Sat weather permitting.

Tim
847-404-2426