Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Make your boat shine, and say goodbye to wax (long) >

Make your boat shine, and say goodbye to wax (long)

Notices

Make your boat shine, and say goodbye to wax (long)

Old 06-03-2003, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by tako
He just gave me comment online.... Here it is.

"Similar to products like KISSCOAT, and other products used to enhance top-speeds, Crystal Guard bonds to the gel-coat making it seemingly glide through the water with less resistance. I have personally logged over 1500 hours per year on the water in the San Francisco Bay, and can tell you that once Crystal Guard was applied to the bottom of the 38f Donzi Daytona that I was driving, the top speed at 5600 rpms, increased by 3 mph of the GPS!! And the difference in handling and the way that the hull cut through the water was noticeably different. I was, and continue to be very impressed, and it didnft cost me as much as other products to apply."

I will not be able to catch him any more for coming 72 hours or so... so I can not answer further questions that quickly.... Thanks.
There is someone who puts more hours on it in a year than me!!

As for faster, speed will increase along with RPM. Smoothe bottom will be 1-2mph GPS slower than a slightly rough bottom. Reason behind this is, what is less restrictive, water or air? With the slightly rough bottom, very very small pores get filled with air which does lift the boat a bit.

Not saying I dont think this stuff works, but as of now I am still a skeptic.
Old 06-14-2003, 02:52 PM
Registered

Put Crystal guard quick on the side of 97 fooutain (white with red and blue graphics) never been waxed. Could not see any change in shine whatsoever. Followed instruction fully.
Old 06-14-2003, 08:55 PM
Registered

Who the f&*# "LOGS" boating hours anyway? I can hear that drag racing announcer echoing "come and get it, get it, get it sunday, sunday sunday. Way to build credability there capitan. I'll try anything, I love my boat to shine, but hate to shine it.
Old 06-15-2003, 05:35 AM
Registered

Sounds to me like there are too many skeptics here... I'm not trying to be critical but all BillR was trying to point out is that he found a product that he now believes in and wanted to share it with his fellow OSO'ers. The questions are good but the jabs are unneccesary. It's seems simple to me (and I have not used this stuff), that you can try it and if you don't like it use this forum to post your feedback. Until you try it you shouldn't knock it and if you don't want to waist your money then stick with the ole' waxing routine every 2-3 months. I don't think BillR will care...

my $.02
Old 06-15-2003, 06:00 AM
Registered

We will be testing this product and others like it next week at Lake-X....stay tuned for the results!
Old 06-15-2003, 07:08 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I looked closely at Bill's boat yesterday on the rack after good day of boating.....finally some sunshine. I had almost forgotten what it was like. Anyway, the shine is still incredible. My MacGuires shine does not compare. I am almost sold. If it stays looking that good in another month or two you can bet I will be switching over to CG.
Old 06-15-2003, 09:36 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

If your deck has some oxidation (thanks to my dealer) does this stuff bring the shine back or do I need to wet sand first and then seal it with the product? This goes for either CG or BioKleen.
Thanks
1998 232 Islander 7.4 (got the 25 OL)
Tow Rig
04 Excursion EB PSD 4x4 6" lift 35's
MY PICS: http://community.webshots.com/user/skygod73
Old 06-16-2003, 05:03 AM
Registered

I got it and tried it. Put it up against the Biokleen I have been using. Not a shred of difference between the them. It's a lot of money for no difference.

I will try the MaGuires and starbright

Last edited by Zyzzyx2123; 06-16-2003 at 05:05 AM.
Old 06-16-2003, 06:08 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

People on the other boating forum; F a s t boats. i n f o are reporting good results.

Skygod
I would think to get the results I got, you need to have a decent finish to start with.

My boat is still VERY shiny and the forward bottom part of the hull that I Crystal Guarded has not gotten a scum line despite some really lousy water the boat has been in lately.

For those that saw no difference the day of applying CG; go look at it again AFTER it has been on more than 12 hours. If you still have poor results, I will be suprised.

Zyzzyx2123:
Sounds like this Biokleen is really good too. How long does it last? If it will shine as good as CG, I may have to try it too.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 06-16-2003, 06:26 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by kyle55
Who the f&*# "LOGS" boating hours anyway?....
Anyone who intends to do a proper job of maintaining their boat.

Quick Reply: Make your boat shine, and say goodbye to wax (long)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.