Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Make your boat shine, and say goodbye to wax (long) >

Make your boat shine, and say goodbye to wax (long)

Notices

Make your boat shine, and say goodbye to wax (long)

Old 05-30-2003, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like the same stuff as the Biokleen but at 5 times the price. The Biokleen label says polytetrafluorothylene is the active ingredient. Google search says that is Teflon. Sorry I just know what has worked for me extremely well. I have never heard of this one and it sounds like the same thing. I'm no chemist just a label reader

Last edited by Zyzzyx2123; 05-30-2003 at 01:27 PM.
Old 05-30-2003, 01:33 PM
tako

CG is not a typical teflon sealant product. It's a brand new technology invented to create glass layer over the surface.

Thanks.

Old 05-30-2003, 01:34 PM
Diamond Jim

We don't have ANY teflon in our product. Completely different concept of a polymer product. But if you're happy with you product that's great, no worries here....

Old 05-30-2003, 01:38 PM
outlaw hank

Sounds like a salesman to me! This same thread is on every boating site around.

Old 05-30-2003, 01:47 PM
Registered

I was wondering that myself. Judging by the low number of posts. I think I'd take Wardeys or Audiofn recommendation if they'd give it. Maybe Jeff's
Old 05-30-2003, 01:52 PM
Registered

I have a couple of questions about Crystal Guard, but first off let me say one thing, I own a marine detailing business, and the majority of the boats we do are in the 30 to 60 ft range. So if CG is really as good as they say I will be using it in the near future.

First off , how well a boat shines is related more to how well the gelcoat was prepared. Whether it is simply washing a brand new boat, buffing or wetsanding an older one. 340 vyper said that he is anal about keeping his boat clean, that tells me that his boat is in excellent shape to begin with, so the product is going to work much better on his boat than on one that needs to be buffed out.

How well will the product work on boats whose gelcoat condition is less than perfect, or has a degree of oxidation?

Removal of the product, what is required to remove the product from the surface of the gelcoat? If fiberglass repairs are ever necessary, the product needs to be removed. Will acetone remove it?

Also the product is compared to teflon polymer sealants, to be honest with you, teflon is more of marketing gimmick than anything.

So exactly what is flourine glass in simple terms so I can understand it, how does it work to increase the longevity of the sealant?

Lastly I would like to put the product to a test, I will apply the product to a boat, on a surface that has been properly prepared.
Probably on a flybridge or horizontal surface, and to make a fair comparison I will do half of the flybridge with CG and the other half with a polymer sealant. If you would like we could also have another OSO member come down and compare the results.

Tako or Diamond Jim, I'm not saying that your product is'nt as good as you claim, but over the years I've seen alot of people pay way too much money for products that were nothing more than snake oils. I would really hate to see people onthis board get taken advantage of like they did awhile ago with a product that claimed to add speed by applying it to the bottom. If it really does what you say I would like to use it in the future.
Old 05-30-2003, 01:58 PM
Registered

Finally RonS. The voice of reason has arrived! It sounds like a fair test. Please report back. If it is that good I'd use it.
Old 05-30-2003, 02:11 PM
Registered

ZZy123, I have'nt ordered any, I would think that diamond Jim or Tako would want to prove their product on this board, if really does work they will sell alot of it provided the test returns positive results.

If they are up to doing a fair comparison I would want them to send me a small sample, same as any other vendors that want me to try their products.

But first I would like to have the questions as to how to remove the product answered, I don't want to have problems with a customers boat in the future.
Old 05-30-2003, 02:19 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by outlaw hank
Sounds like a salesman to me! This same thread is on every boating site around.
Yes I posted it on the "other" site too.

Just trying to help my boating freinds. Thats All!! No hidden agenda or spiff from the company (hey Tako, I will take some product as a "spiff" . . . .hint, hint)

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 05-30-2003, 02:27 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Zyzzyx2123
I was wondering that myself. Judging by the low number of posts. I think I'd take Wardeys or Audiofn recommendation if they'd give it. Maybe Jeff's
Thanks alot!!
I've been on OSO almost since the very begining.

I'm just telling you all about something I found that I really like and made a big difference for me on 1 boat, and 4 different cars. It isn't cheap, but what in boating is?
If your skeptical, then don't try it. But I can't wait till the folks that have ordered report back.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron

Quick Reply: Make your boat shine, and say goodbye to wax (long)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.