Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Congrats to the KINGS of the Hudson Extreme Exhibit & JusTruckin (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/52386-congrats-kings-hudson-extreme-exhibit-justruckin.html)

DaveP 06-15-2003 11:38 AM

Congrats to the KINGS of the Hudson Extreme Exhibit & JusTruckin

Congrats to Jim & Scott for being the first Cat & V-Hull to the Tapanzee Bridge yesterday!

We did our best to catch Extreme Exhibit but the 36 Nor-Tech Perfect Storm just could not catch them. (we needed 2 more engines! = 4 engines)

I think this is how the finish was (race to the bridge):

1. Extreme Exhibit - 50 Nor Tech
2. Perfect Storm - 36 Nor Tech
3. Jim Courtney - 36 Nor Tech
4. Tsunami / Crazy Charlie Racing - 36 Spectre
5. JusTruckin - 42 Outerlimits GTX

Lucididee 06-15-2003 11:49 AM

Who got "Spirit of the Hudson" with Sharkey not there? I did see a little guy out there.

dreamboater 06-15-2003 08:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
does anyone know speeds and power of these boats. We had a fast boat at the potomoc Poker run. 36 Skater w/sterling power, 1300's is what someone said. I also heard 149 mph.

dreamboater 06-15-2003 08:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This guy was fast also, had a few problems after the first leg

DJD 06-15-2003 08:45 PM

Originally posted by Too Old
I always thought of that run as being the showcase for OuterLimits. Looks like they got spanked this year.;)
Outerlimits didn't get spanked. Just truckin, Scott in a OL 42 GTX was first. "KING OF THE HUDSON", followed by the rest of the OL V hulls, then there was a lul in the action, then the rest of the pack came by.
The Nor Tecks were all cats.
The favorite OL, throttled by Mike Fiore & driven by Bob Russel had a 160mph contender but blew an engine on the way North.

Sydwayz 06-15-2003 09:41 PM

That post #5 looks like the old 'How Sweet It Is' boat that 'skater', Mark House owns. Anyone know??

DaveP 06-16-2003 06:59 AM

We came in 2nd with Perfect Storm and ran 143mph most of the way to the Tapanzee.

As for Outerlimits - there were 10-12 there and were absolutely gorgeous. I don't have the stats for the V-Hulls but I am sure most of the top 10 V's were Outerlimits.

Chris288 06-16-2003 07:06 AM

Originally posted by Lucididee2
Who got "Spirit of the Hudson" with Sharkey not there? I did see a little guy out there.

I think I saw a guy running in a RUBBER-RAFT !! :eek: :D :D

outer42 06-16-2003 07:23 AM

Thanks Dave P & DJD,great run!!!!

BODYSHOT1 06-16-2003 07:42 AM

Congrats Scott!!

Nice Job!!

:D

AugiePensa 06-16-2003 07:52 AM

SCOTTY.....Great Job, CONGRATS......It doesn't suck being The King!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Augie

dreamboater 06-16-2003 07:59 AM

Sydwayz, #5 is Mark House's boat, he is also in the picture if you look to the left w/the red tank top. Unfortunately I never saw him stretch the boat out, he had some problems after the first run. Sounded nasty though.

rainmn 06-16-2003 08:06 AM

Did Jet Set not do the run this year?

boot 06-16-2003 08:58 AM

Jet Set is haveing a full make over ...Be out soon

DJD 06-16-2003 11:08 AM

Chris232 yep, a guy did the run in a cat style blow up raft. I hear he didn't make the whole run after some serious bouncing but my hat is off to them (guy & gal) for the attempt!

SCOTT!!!! How does it feel to be king lol!!!!
Your boat is simply AWSOME

DJD 06-16-2003 11:11 AM

OSOers...
I saw a few of you but couldn't identify anyone except for XCAV8.
I was on my 42' Post sport fish with the video guys. They took a few shots of your boats just as the boats were starting. Hopefully they will be on the final video!

Chris288 06-16-2003 11:18 AM

Originally posted by DJD
Chris232 yep, a guy did the run in a cat style blow up raft. I hear he didn't make the whole run after some serious bouncing but my hat is off to them (guy & gal) for the attempt!

and you guys probably thought I was kidding right ??
:D :D :D

waterspeed 06-16-2003 11:28 AM

Congrats to all of those who finished in one piece...

As for the fastest boat....No doubt it was the 42 GTX of Bob Russell...he was way in front of all of the boats and would have been first to the bridge if it wasn't for a gremlin in one of the motors.

Scott Applegate's 42 looked great too!

salesmanship 06-16-2003 12:41 PM

Fastest boat?
Wow ..... A Vee- bottom that is faster than a cat that's been clocked in the 170MPH range? R-E-A-L-L-Y?
Just because he got out first doesn't make it the fastest.

Miller 06-16-2003 01:05 PM

I don't know who was first or anything like that. But, I do know that the Outerlimits and the Nor-Techs that were there represented the best that performance boats can be. Those boats were unbelievably awesome and nothing else came close to being what those two makes are. I was drooling all over myself looking at those boats. :D

XTREME EXHIBIT 06-16-2003 05:53 PM

Originally posted by waterspeed
Congrats to all of those who finished in one piece...

As for the fastest boat....No doubt it was the 42 GTX of Bob Russell...he was way in front of all of the boats and would have been first to the bridge if it wasn't for a gremlin in one of the motors.

Scott Applegate's 42 looked great too!

YOUR JOKING.......RIGHT? GOOD EXCUSE!

outer42 06-16-2003 09:09 PM

I'M SORRY I SHOOK YOUR HAND NOW, WITH THAT COMMENT. ARROGANCE IS NOT PRETTY. YOUR MOTORS BLOW TOO,CAN'T WAIT FOR THE DAY WHEN THEY DO. YOU SHOULD OF NOT POSTED,YOU DON'T SEE BOB OR MIKE MAKING COMMENTS LIKE YOURS WHEN THEY DO GOOD. EVERYBODY HAS THERE DAY,IT JUST HAPPENED TO BE MINE,BUT I'M MAN ENOUGH TO ADMIT THEY WHERE GUYS THAT COULD OUT RUN ME THAT DAY AND GUYS THAT COULD OUTRUN YOU IF JETSET OR ITS SHOWED. YOU'RE APOOR WINNER SIGNED SCOTT APPLEGATE JUS TRUCKIN BY THE WAY DIDN'T CATCH YOUR NAME

P.S IF YOU TAKE IT THAT SERIOUS THERE A RACE CIRCUIT FOR YOU AND I'M SURE J.T WILL SCHOOL YA!!!

outer42 06-16-2003 09:29 PM

P.S.S OR BOB MORGAN IN HIS 4 MOTOR BOAT TO COMPARE APPLES TO APPLES

DaveP 06-16-2003 09:29 PM

Uh - o...........the $hit storm starts.

Scott - I think Jim was referring to Marcus claiming that Bob Russell's 42 OL was the fastest BOAT there. I think Marcus may have meant the fastest V BOTTOM there. I do not think he meant any dis-respect to your win or boat.

Before this breaks out into an all out knock down slamfest....am I right in what I just said above?? Maybe just a little miss-understanding I hope?

outer42 06-16-2003 09:35 PM

NO,WITH THE GOOD EXCUSE COMMENT SAYS IT ALL. NO,I KNOW HE WASN'T TALKING ABOUT ME,BUT BOB AND MIKE SAYING THERE MOTOR DIDN'T BLOW. I DO IT FOR FUN AND GOT LUCKY. IF I WANT TO RACE I'L STRAP IT ON AGAIN.

DaveP 06-16-2003 09:38 PM

OK! I'm staying out of this one!

36spectre 06-16-2003 09:51 PM

DaveP, Pass me the popcorn. Otto

Ron P 06-16-2003 11:38 PM

NEW YORK CITY POWERBOAT RALLY 2003

Top Ten Boats to the Tappan Zee Bridge:

1. Jim Leonardo Extreme Exhibit 50’ Nor-Tech Cat 4-1500HP’s

2. Bob Christie Perfect Storm 36’ Nor-Tech Cat 2-1000HP’s

3. Jim Courtney 36’ Nor-Tech Cat 2-850HP’s

4. Charlie Amorosi Tsunami 36’ Spectre Cat 2-650 ProRoc’s

5. Scott Applegate Jus Truckin’ 42’ Outerlimits GTX 2-1200HP’s

6. Oliver Bock Wet N Wild 47’ Outerlimits GTX 2-1250HP’s

7. Barry Myers Category 4 36’ Skater Cat 2-825HP’s

8. Brad Benson Pass Blocker 42’ Outerlimits 2-900HP’s

9. Charlie Tesauro Team Fith 28’ Skater Cat 2-Merc 300 OB’s

10. Bob Leach Eliminator 36’ Eliminator Cat 2-500HP’s

www.nationalpowerboat.com

American Xtreme 06-16-2003 11:44 PM

That Was Us, Amertican Xtreme Marine

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DJD
[B]Chris232 yep, a guy did the run in a cat style blow up raft. I hear he didn't make the whole run after some serious bouncing but my hat is off to them (guy & gal) for the attempt!

Hey that was us! People kept telling us that the river flattened out just past where we turned around and I'm not happy that we didn't do the whole run. Our boat held up much better than we did. Butt, there was a hemmorhoid factor workin' on my end, so to speak, plus blisters from the tiller and ropes, we're office workers.. We did get footage from a helicopter where we ran Xtra HARD!. I'll post it when available. We definitely swung hard.

outer42 06-17-2003 08:02 AM

ttt

KenP 06-17-2003 09:15 AM

?

Finishing fifth is King? If the thing won't run how is it the fastest?

outer42 06-17-2003 10:03 AM

kenp,its king of the vees and caTS TWO DIFFRENT CATEGAORIES,I DON'T KNOW what you refering to about not running?

Ron P 06-17-2003 10:07 AM

I guess this particular poker run is new to most of you. Each year this poker run turns in to a 16 mile drag race from the George Washington Bridge to the Tappen Zee bridge. There are two winners of the drag race. One in the Cat class and one in the V bottom class.

First Cat and first V to go under the Tappan Zee wins the honor of begin called King of the Hudson.

Yes, there are two Kings. Maybe that's the confusion.

Sydwayz 06-17-2003 10:16 AM

Gotta love those good ole' fashioned "run whatcha brung" races. Too bad Mark House had some gremlins in the Skater. I have been in that boat, and it is ALL business. I think he would have been up there.

lightningmike 06-17-2003 10:43 AM

I agree there are two kings, V's and Cats. It is amazing the hardware that shows up. Especially the big powered Outer Limits! But is does seem a number of them break down thru out the run....but the are extremely fast when running.

I throttle for Bob Leach in the 36 Eliminator, and we never thought we would finish any better then the top 25. We were only running stock HP500EFI's, we were 10th to the bridge, but actually 8th to the first card stop, then finished 7th overall to Liberty Marina. Again......little old stock horsepower....most of the top 6 other boats out powered us by 1,000hp, with the 6th place boat being the Pro-Roc spectre having 360HP on us....we felt pretty good to do as well as we did with all the big players out there! When I say finished 7th, all 5 boats were within 200 yards of us, with exception to the 50 Nortech w/ Quads...wow!

We will definitely be back next year with big power...probably not quite enough to be King, but move up a few slots!

Bring what you got...may the best man/boat win!

outer42 06-17-2003 10:57 AM

when you run alot of horsepower you have that problem.Don't know why i do it,but its a blast. the cat and vee thing will always be there. congrats in your finish lightningmike

DaveP 06-17-2003 11:02 AM

Hey Mike,

It was great to meet you at Liberty Landing. Hopefully we can do more business together in the future.

DaveP 06-17-2003 11:05 AM

I'm calling out DJD!

Outer42 needs a driver for the Barnegat Bay Poker Run - I think you need to get a hall pass and get your butt in that driver's seat for the day.

Even the partymaster himself BILLY FRENZ is attending the Poker Run in his boat!

lightningmike 06-17-2003 11:13 AM

OL42, I totally understand, no disrespect to the guys who brake. It happens to all of us, even guys with the little power. I have raced on the circuit and know how it feels to brake..it sucks!

Gotta pay to play...and sometimes luck is not on our sides no matter what we spend to be prepared!

Hey Typhoon, good to meet you too, look forward to future dealings! Nice Nortech by the way....they are bad! I know Tron, he is only 1.5 hours south of my shop. We mostly on see his V's in this area for some reason.

mr_velocity 06-17-2003 11:13 AM

Originally posted by Ron P
I guess this particular poker run is new to most of you. Each year this poker run turns in to a 16 mile drag race from the George Washington Bridge to the Tappen Zee bridge. There are two winners of the drag race. One in the Cat class and one in the V bottom class.

First Cat and first V to go under the Tappan Zee wins the honor of begin called King of the Hudson.

Yes, there are two Kings. Maybe that's the confusion.

This is not what poker runs should be about!! In my opinion it also violates the 10 commandments of the NJPPC and the NJPPC should not promote this. In my opinion the NYC poker run does a lot to destroy what the NJPPC is trying to fight in NJ, mainly the bad rap that high performance boaters get. I can't even begin to count how many times I've either seen videos or pics in magazines that showed passengers riding on the rear deck or standing on the deck holding onto the radar arch.
You guys need to understand you can't have it both ways. If you're going to fight for our high performance rights you need to distance yourself from this sort of activity otherwise risk losing credibility. With the moon tides and all the crap that naturally floats down the Hudson this is definitely a tradegy waiting to happen.

BTW, How many resuce helicopters did the poker run have?

Just my .02