Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anybody notice the new trend - CC Outboards? >

Anybody notice the new trend - CC Outboards?

Notices

Anybody notice the new trend - CC Outboards?

Old 06-17-2003, 09:20 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up BEEN THERE DONE THAT!

The reason I'm going to the other side is due to the " go fast " manufacturers kept raising their prices. Mercury's 500 efi's / 525's / 575's - Cigarette raises their prices 25% - ETC. These companies have been playing off our "ego's" and our need to go faster. Well the CC Companies have kept their prices in line and the outboards are super dependable. I know a guy that just took delivery of a 42 Cig w/ 6's and I hear he is disappointed w/ the boat. It runs 98 mph - won't idle - takes 100 yards to get on plane , etc - his payment has to be close to 5 grand a month - yea right! Ok now we have to have a ALL CC Poker Run / Rally when we get our boats - BH
Old 06-17-2003, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Baja Daze
Blasphemy? Hardly!.....
I'll be the JUDGE OF THAT !!

Hey Nicky,, when I want your opinion, I'll give it to ya !!
Old 06-17-2003, 11:01 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Weve been looking a some Intrepid's lately to keep at the Florida place. They are very nice. The Cig will be back in probably November but like Joker said, you can hose out everything in a good old CC.
Old 06-17-2003, 11:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by Chris232
I'll be the JUDGE OF THAT !!

Hey Nicky,, when I want your opinion, I'll give it to ya !!
Old 06-17-2003, 11:35 AM
OG Outlaw 24

Here's a cool Center Console I/O

Link to CC

OG

Old 06-17-2003, 12:43 PM
Registered

Center consoles aside, I have outboards on my 33' sportdeck and have a lot more cockpit room than i/o's. I also get comparable speed to i/o Powerplay's with tons more power. There are benefits to both sides, but many of us don't go 100m.p.h. all day long, I for 1 like to run hard, then tie up and have a few cold beers and enjoy the lovely bikinis and scenery. That is where the extra room is nice. If I only ran poker runs then I would get two rows of bolsters without a back seat and big blower motors, but that is just reasonable for what I do. If I wanted to mostly party, which may be the case way down the road when I get older, I would definitely get a center console and pack it full of babes and beer. just depends on "what floats your boat"
Old 06-17-2003, 01:59 PM
JGB
Registered

I joined the performance CC crowd also. Actually my friend and I are expecting to take delivery of our Renegade 29 CCs at the end of July and early august. I changed my mind on the power and I am going with twin 225 Optis. The boat has a 300 gal fuel cell and with that power I expect to get some serious range and fuel efficiency out this boat. also , I am not going with the flashy S. Florida graphics but with a classic yellow stripe with blue outline.
You really can't beat the low maintainance aspects of this style boat. I can't wait to take delivery.

Man I am pumped!!

Jim
Attached Thumbnails Anybody notice the new trend - CC Outboards?-2003-renegade-29-small.jpg  

Last edited by JGB; 06-17-2003 at 02:05 PM.
Old 06-17-2003, 03:47 PM
JGB
Registered

Hi Mike how have you been?

I went with the twin 225 optis because my cousin who has been running them for the past 3 years on his 32 Thunder kingfisher cat swears by them. I heard the 250 efis were a lot more thirsty for only an increase in a total of 50 hp. So on my boat I sacrificed 1-3 mph in top the top end for better fuel efficiency. We do plan on doing some major runs all over FLorida and the range with the optis can't be touched other than by a diesel.

Man, the anticipation is killing me. Can't wait to cruise!

Talk to you soon,

Jim
Old 06-17-2003, 04:35 PM
Registered

just think 15min hoseing the cc out and you are done put it on the hydohost and forget it no carpet to keep kleen i love mine
Old 06-17-2003, 06:25 PM
Banned

It's just a sign of getting too old! Kind of like when a surfer trades in his stick for a sailboard.

Quick Reply: Anybody notice the new trend - CC Outboards?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.