Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anybody notice the new trend - CC Outboards? >

Anybody notice the new trend - CC Outboards?

Notices

Anybody notice the new trend - CC Outboards?

Old 06-17-2003, 06:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HOWEVER, Sunday we were going out in the Formula. Test fired engine #!, all's good. Test fire engine #2, starter just clicks. We were to meet some people on the water, so instead of standing them up, I just backed up to "Old Reliable", my Biddison CC, and went on out. It is nice to have one that you KNOW will run each and everytime.
Old 06-17-2003, 06:30 PM
Banned

Sunday we were anchored up next to a 31 Contender with twin 250's. He said his top speed was 61, and it held 300 gallons of fuel.
Old 06-17-2003, 06:36 PM
Banned

Originally posted by fountain1fan
just think 15min hoseing the cc out and you are done put it on the hydohost and forget it no carpet to keep kleen i love mine
Hey, you can just hose out an offshore boat too if you don't give a damn about what it looks like. Isn't that some of what this type of boating is about? Having the sweet sounding hardware with everything glistening? I agree there are a lot more things you can do in a CC, but you can also do more things in a Pontiac Aztec than a Porsche. Which would you rather have? I watched them build my CC back in 1988, and I have done everything to do with this boat, and I would never sell it. I'll tell you one thing it won't do that my 17 year old Formula does, that is turn heads.
Old 06-17-2003, 06:56 PM
Registered

I`m hearing the same talk in my Boat Club about movin to O/B power because of reliability,cost and less headaches. I just bought my Spectre with twin 300x Promaxs and everytime I think of the cost factor that those 500`s were going to be (servicing)I`m glad I made the choice. If you have real deep pockets go with the big blocks cause when the drives or race parts break it is big $$$$$$$$$ and you are lucky enough to afford that luxury. The sound I will miss,but when I`m runnin with the others all I care about is being up near the front with the heavy hitters at alot less the cost.
Old 06-17-2003, 07:21 PM
JGB
Registered

Hi Mike, We should get together for dinner sometime.

It was $3500 more for the optis. But for the 1-3 mph top-end speed loss and what I pay upfront I hope to realize even bigger savings in fuel conumption over the life of the engines/boat.

I think if I were in your shoes I would be biting the bullet on the high octane fuel powered 250 opti or 300 promax. I would still rather stay with twins instead of the tripletts. Have you read this Merc PR?

http://www.screamandfly.com/home/pre...3/5_8_2003.htm

Talk to you soon

Jim

Last edited by JGB; 06-17-2003 at 07:23 PM.
Old 06-17-2003, 07:21 PM
Registered

My Sonic is kinda for sale, and if I sell it I'm gonna get one. The big 42 is a VERY cool boat, but I am tired of wrenching and cleaning all the time, and $200 to $300 worth of fuel every time I go out is getting REAL old.
Old 06-17-2003, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Madcow.....

Hey Jim ..... I'm bringin my Scarab 302 cc up in about a week .... You're gonna have to check it out .... Are you coming over to Mentor in July .... It's gonna be a good one .... I'll be sending the info out in a few days !!!!!!!

JM
Old 06-17-2003, 08:12 PM
JGB
Registered

Here is a pic of what I leaning towards for graphics (vinyl). Simple, classic, conservative... Man I must be getting old! LOL
Attached Thumbnails Anybody notice the new trend - CC Outboards?-boatbw5b-blue-yellow-small.jpg  
Old 06-17-2003, 08:52 PM
Registered

I just bought a 36 Concept for all the reasons already mentioned. It looks great, handles rough water well and I just hose it off and push the remote button on the lift. It has twin 250EFI's and does 62.2 on GPS. No more bildge crawling for me.
Attached Thumbnails Anybody notice the new trend - CC Outboards?-36-concept-3.jpg  
Old 06-17-2003, 08:52 PM
Registered

Another pic.
Attached Thumbnails Anybody notice the new trend - CC Outboards?-36-concept-2.jpg  

Quick Reply: Anybody notice the new trend - CC Outboards?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.