Like Tree0Likes

Wisconsin noise laws (per MR. dick)

Old 06-26-2003, 09:17 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2003 Spectre 36' Poker Run

BTW Demeanor - What's more "look at me" than being a cop???
Old 06-26-2003, 05:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 94 Apache Warrior

Here is the latest as of 3:00 pm today.

I have been on the phone with our senators which in turn refered me to the state senators for the start of this battle. Off the record, they all agree that the is a problem. I am faxing them my ticket that I received on Sunday on the Wolf River with the names of the officiers that have be giving so many tickets out along with their fine attitides.
We all miss Gov. Tommy Thompson fighting for our rights with the DNR. Off the record, he was not a lover of the DNR and hopefully our new Gov. will feel the same way.
I want to also inform all of you about the Powerboat club in the Fremont/Oshkosh area. It is called " Tri-county Powerboat Alliance" . I would suggets that each and everyone of us join this orgination because the only way we are going to win this battle is with numbers. This is a very active club, highly respected by all. The membership fee is only $20.00 a year, (I think all of us can afford that!)
They are very aware of the problem and are in the process of holding emergent meetings on this most fustrating situatiuon. By the way, Scott Jensen and Ted Kanavas just called me at home and want to help in anyway they can. Not knowing the laws, they cannot understand why Wisconsin has their own law while the Federal govt. has already ruled on this matter.
One more thing, we all need to strick together on this issue. Let's try not to let our emotions get the best of us. I can see both sides of the coin. Let's all work together on this so we can all be happy.
Little Tommy

Last edited by Little Tommy; 06-26-2003 at 05:37 PM.
Old 06-26-2003, 05:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thumbs up

Here is the info for the club: Like I have said, it would be in our best interest to join this club.
I will try to obtain a phone number, but here is the address.

Tri-County Powerboat Alliance
P.O. Box 323
Fremont, Wi 54940

Little Tommy
Old 06-27-2003, 04:40 PM
liquidlocomotive

when and where will the meetings be?

Old 06-27-2003, 06:10 PM
ZT-Rick

This past Saturday, we had our Green Bay Yachting Club Poker Run. The DNR, Coast Gaurd, and City police where all involved, and present at our drivers meeting. We where told that the the noise level would be enforced, which is 86..but not today, registration would be enforced, but not today! Everyone was very co-operative and the run went off without one citation, over 70 boats! Not bad. My business partners Fountain is around 115 decibles, so.. she is loud! We where told by the law enforcement agenies, all three... the laws there, we'll enforce it if "given a reason".

Old 06-27-2003, 11:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Don't know when the next meeting will be, but as soon as I find out that information I will be sure to pass it along. I myself will be there with I hope many of you!!
I spoke with Mercury Marine today and they are very concerned since they cannot get their motors under 90DB. The engineers at Mercury said we must be very cautious when placing fixed mufflers on the boats. It will cause too much back pressure and retain water which in turn causes the valve train to be damaged. MAJOR CONCERN!! So buyer beware. Be careful with buying fixed muffler systems, Mercury does not stand behind any of them yet. They have not been proven yet.
I will keep all of you updated on a daily basis with any new info that I obtain. Please remember, POWER IN NUMBERS. We must all stick together to win this battle against the DNR.
We also need your voice, so PLEASE call your state represenative in your area to make them aware of this problem. This is the only way we can move to rectifying this. They are willing to help, you just need to also do your part. They will listen.

Little Tommy
Old 06-27-2003, 11:47 PM
Registered

Default Re: Wisconsin noise laws (per MR. dick)

Quote:
Originally posted by Little Tommy
Mr. DNR told us in no uncertain words " We do not want you kind of boates on our water. Our job will be done when you are no longer here"
Personally I find the DNR's comments more offensive than a ticket. WHO's WATER????????
Old 06-27-2003, 11:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yeh, They think they own the water ways. It is all of our water, not theirs. Yeh, the comment pissed me off worse than the ticket. Terrible attitude, what goes around comes around.

Little tommy
Old 06-28-2003, 10:54 AM
Registered

Little Tommy,

One thing that I would do is make a formal written complaint to his supervisor and/or his DNR station. This should go straight into his file(most all cops have personal files for certificates and also this kind of stuff) and it could make a difference down the road if it's well written, dont just name call etc.... As far as having a chip on his shoulder, his duty officer might not and if you have a discussion with him it might make an instant impact on him.

IMHO, ZT-Rick, Dean, and HyperBaja have good theories on this.
Quote:
we'll enforce it if "given a reason"
Quote:
I'm just being a little courteous to my neighbors and I don't want un-needed attention from the marine patrol.
Hey Dean, Buffet is a freaking pirate isnt he?
Quote:
But then again, it's hard to get in trouble with a loud boat, when you IDLE everywhere!!

Breathe Later, It might not be my place to get into your discussion with Mr. Demeanor but I was told entrapment was a cop enticing someone to commit a crime, maybe I missed something between you two but asking you to have a beer isn't a crime is it, unless you are under 21?
Old 06-28-2003, 11:23 AM
ZT-Rick

Little Tommy,

When you find out when the next meeting is, e-mail me at [email protected] we'll also attend the meeting. Also.. I work closely with virtually all the Green Bay Dealers, I'll make some calls and get others to attend. Rick