Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Beware of Phil Magnotti of Orland Florida!! >

Beware of Phil Magnotti of Orland Florida!!

Notices

Beware of Phil Magnotti of Orland Florida!!

Old 06-26-2003, 01:52 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

27 Cig,
check you PM.
MD
Old 06-26-2003, 03:09 PM
goldenruhl51

You mentioned that you deposited $5600.00 in his acount. Did you use Paypal?? Get them involved if you did. They surely have records and if they do nothing - whoa - maybe I'll be done with Paypal myself. Another suggestion someone else was to get ebay involved. Although good luck is in order when crap like this happens on ebay. I recently had a much smaller problem than you but still a problem with a seller on ebay and contacted them and arbitration and anything else that looked helpful on ebay. After 6 months they still haven't done a thing. Very dissappointing. Anyway, best of luck.
Rick

Old 06-26-2003, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a beautiful thing in Florida called the civil theft statute that allows you to sue somebody that has intentionally stolen from you. It allows you to get the original amount back plus 3 times that amount in punitive damages. $5600 + $16800, now that would be a good haul !!! Did I tell you I am a Florida lawyer???
Old 06-26-2003, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet ass deal counselor...Just need to collect. Im sure your 33% will be well earned
Old 06-26-2003, 03:32 PM
Registered

Found this ad in the OSO classifieds

http://server1.offshoreonly.com/cgi-...uery=retrieval
Old 06-26-2003, 03:55 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

He's probably selling the boat in parts before the bank repos the hull.

And no, he never was one of the Jersey Boyz.
Old 06-26-2003, 03:57 PM
27Cigarette

Thanks for the help guys!! Bruce.the ad you are looking at is the drive/transom assembly I paid for!! D-hlaw you sound awesome!!! Please contact me and if you want it you have a new client!! I just don't want this guy to get away with screwing me. Just last night he laughed at me and said to go F*** myself!!I just called Orland PD money division and am filing a report. Keep the help coming!! Offshore Only site manager thanks for letting this post!!

Old 06-26-2003, 04:08 PM
Registered

Time for the cement shoes.
Old 06-26-2003, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

office number is 386-257-0790, call tomorrow and we will work out the details. Tell my secretary you are a buddy, she will let you right through.

Brett Hartley
Old 06-26-2003, 04:32 PM
27Cigarette

Hello Bruce! If you look at the date he placed this ad it was AFTER I had already paid him for these parts. I paid him by direct deposit to his checking account on the 7th of June!! What a total ripoff guy. He had NO intention of giving me my parts and would have surely ripped someone else of also. Notice also a PO box is not his real address! Scumbags like this just hurt all of us out people who are honest and trusting. I know I trusted him and should have been more cautious but he seemed honest on the phone at least. WRONG!! Any help at all with this unfortunate situation is greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: Beware of Phil Magnotti of Orland Florida!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.