Like Tree0Likes

OT - Looking to buy new car?

Old 06-27-2003, 12:56 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2014 Contender

Are you buying or leasing? I went through the same thought process a few months ago and ended up with a Lexus GS300. The GS is a nicer car than the Infiniti G35. The resale on Infiniti is horrible. Lexus has one of the highest resale values on the market. The residual value for the GS300 was high enough where I could lease a $42,000 Lexus for approx. the same payment as the $34,000 Infiniti. That made the deal a no brainer. Check Consumer Reports for information on the Lexus. I do not think there are many cars on the road that have a better reputation. I think they are coming out with a newly styled GS for 2004 or 2005. I am not a huge fan of the ES because of its resemblance to the Toyota Camry. But I have driven several and can attest that they are very nice automobiles. Lexus service is also a notch above anything I have ever experienced.

Mike
Old 06-27-2003, 02:44 PM
Registered

My Boats: boatless... with money in the bank!!

check out this site....

www.swapalease.com
Old 06-27-2003, 02:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

You really have to dig through the fine print on that site to get to the most important piece of information. That is, that when someone else assumes your lease, odds are pretty high that you will stay on the lease as the guarantor. Every lease company I've ever used does it. Your name doesn't come off the lease until it's over. Some may be different, butI haven't seen it yet.
Sorry, but I wouldn't do that in a million years.
Old 06-27-2003, 03:45 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: 17' Speedliner Cat & O.P.B.

Interesting site.
Old 06-27-2003, 08:58 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2014 Contender

So basically you are still technically responsible for the vehicle even though you no longer lease it. That sucks. If the other guy decides to not make the payments, you pay. If the other guy turns the car back in trashed, you pay. That is a bad deal from the get-go.

Mike
Old 06-30-2003, 09:47 AM
Eric1969

Thank you for everyone's thoughts.

I ended up buying the Lexus ES 300. The style and looks are ok; however, the interior and ride are awesome. I really love it. I have not had a car in about 7 years. The ride is so smooth and quiet.

Thank you.

Old 06-30-2003, 11:39 AM
Organdonor

This was my Choice...I would never buy another American car again unless it is a tow vehicle. However I love America!!!! It has nothing to do with American car manufactures capabilities, It has more to do with what those manufactures give you for that same amount of money (car+service+loaner car+professional treatment), don't get me wrong I wouldn't buy anything other than German a car after having owned one I don't know how anyone could go back... I am not the normal driver, I am not the normal target audience, I drive way above what the law allows and demand much more out of my can than any Lexus ES 300 could provide. If you have ever driven an AUDI with Quattro, you know its like driving a Cat compared to a V-hull. there is a huge difference. However if you never go over 55mph it really doesn't matter with either the boats or the cars. I wanted to buy an Ford lightening when I first started looking for a new vehicle but then got so pissed off a the ford dealership for there lack of professionalism, lack of perks, lack of respect for there customers, and there fastest Truck attitude. I could not be happier with my Audi, my only wish is that I had enough $$$ to buy the new RS6 that's coming out this year. I could use 450hp in a Sedan that seats 5 and Quattro. Damn I know what my wet dream will be about tonight.... :-)

March 2, 2001
Audi A4 in Euro NCAP Crash Test: Four Stars for Safety
Ingolstadt -- The new Audi A4 saloon has achieved a magnificent result in the Euro NCAP crash test: high rankings in the side crash and pole impact categories and good performance in the frontal crash combined to earn it the coveted four-star rating. The German automobile club ADAC put the new Audi model through its paces on its own crash test rig, and confirms: ”It’s a very safe car and earned its four stars with ease!”
The Euro NCAP crash test is regarded throughout Europe as the toughest and most highly regarded method of assessing a car’s passive safety. Against this backdrop an independent European consortium of automobile clubs, automobile associations and consumer protection organisations have reached agreement on a comprehensive passenger-car test procedure. This includes an offset frontal crash at a speed of 64 km/h against a deformable barrier and a 50 km/h side crash. A third and particularly formidable test investigates the car’s behaviour on impact against a pole at 29 km/h.
The new A4 performed outstandingly well in this respect, in particular because of its SIDEGUARD head-level airbag system. The ADAC confirmed that the new saloon had ”most gratifyingly low head impact values” and commented that ”the seat structure helped to prevent any penetration of the occupants’ survival zone.”
There was equally high praise for the car’s side crash behaviour: ”The A4 demonstrated its true qualities when struck from the side at 50 km/h. The rigidity of the bodyshell and the combined performance of the side and head airbags both made a major contribution to the result.”
The ADAC club’s conclusion: the Audi A4 is ”currently one of the strongest contenders for the elusive fifth star” – a result that no car has so far succeeded in achieving.

Old 06-30-2003, 11:44 AM
Organdonor

OMG I just realized I posted to late.....Well hopefuly I will prevent another buyer from makeing the same mistake

Just kidding everyone wants different things from there cars and boats there is no car or boat that is the best for everyone. I had a friend who insisted on a 3 series and well he got one compains about it all the time. However he wanted it so it was the best car for him, it was what maid him happy. Now he just compains and takes it in to the dealer alot, I bought my Audi from the same dealer so I know its not the dealer.....Good luck with the Toyota Cammry oh I mean Lexus ES300 sorry my bad....

Old 06-30-2003, 11:58 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by Organdonor
OMG .....Good luck with the Toyota Cammry oh I mean Lexus ES300 sorry my bad....
That's like us saying "good luck with your VW" to you
Old 06-30-2003, 03:29 PM
Mad Hatter

Quote:
Originally posted by mr_velocity
That's like us saying "good luck with your VW" to you
Yeah how's that Passat treatin' yeah?

I went with the G35 and man do I love it. I get alot of looks, alot of compliments and alot of girls checking it out <--My favorite. I don't know about out there but out here there's not very many of them. The ride is great, the motor's torquey and smooth fit and finish are awesome, I'm happy with my decesion.