Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT - Looking to buy new car? >

OT - Looking to buy new car?

Notices

OT - Looking to buy new car?

Old 06-26-2003, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The import domestic thing really is old news and has been beat to death. Profits from a company get returned to the economy in several ways, wages for the employees, money to vendors and dividends to the shareholders. Of these the employees assembling the autos are in the US for the ES300 as well as many of the vendors where Lexus buys thier materials. As far as dividends, anyone from any country can buy the stock. Sure the execs in Japan get paid but Ford and GM assemble many of their vehicles in Canada and Mexico. There is no perfect solution.

As far as Lexus cars, my wife has a 2002 SC430 and it has run flawlessly. The customer service from the Lexus dealership has been the best I've experienced. They drive a loaner to her office some 30 miles away and pick up her vehicle for a $20 oil change. She has had a ES300 as a loaner a couple of times and they were very nice.
Old 06-26-2003, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

your still stuck driving an american POS!! never owened american and NEVER will( except big blocks for the boat!!)... poor engineering, design, quality, handling and RESALE
Old 06-26-2003, 02:56 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

oh as for lexus my dad wants out of his 01 E55 AMG M-B for another Lexus or audi
Old 06-26-2003, 02:57 PM
Registered

Default A blurb from the American Red Cross

BMW
$1 million contribution to the American Red Cross
donated 10 SUVs with an estimated worth of $445,000 for American Red Cross relief efforts

Ford Motor Company

General Motors

Harley-Davidson, Inc.

Honda Family of Companies
$969,442 contribution to the American Red Cross

Mitsubishi International Corporation

Nissan North America, Inc.
$500,000 contribution to the American Red Cross

Toyota
Toyota's North American affiliates, including Toyota Tsusho Corporation, Toyota Tsusho America, Toyota dealerships and Lexus dealerships raised a total of $891,746.93 for the American Red Cross

Subaru of America, Inc., and its parent, Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd.
$532,000 contribution to the American Red Cross
Old 06-26-2003, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dreamer...whaddaya gonna tow the boat with? a Toyota Tocoma?
Old 06-26-2003, 03:31 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Sean
dreamer...whaddaya gonna tow the boat with? a Toyota Tocoma?
HEHE Maybe he Rack Stores at a marina that uses a Toyota Forklift
Old 06-26-2003, 07:44 PM
Mad Hatter

Default Re: A blurb from the American Red Cross

Originally posted by Donzi38ZX
BMW
donated 10 SUVs with an estimated worth of $445,000 for American Red Cross relief efforts

Ford Motor Company

General Motors

Harley-Davidson, Inc.

Honda Family of Companies
$969,442 contribution to the American Red Cross

Mitsubishi International Corporation

Nissan North America, Inc.
$500,000 contribution to the American Red Cross

Toyota
Toyota's North American affiliates, including Toyota Tsusho Corporation, Toyota Tsusho America, Toyota dealerships and Lexus dealerships raised a total of $891,746.93 for the American Red Cross

Subaru of America, Inc., and its parent, Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd.
$532,000 contribution to the American Red Cross
Ok he just made you eat $hit.

But this is absolutely nothing to do with what we were discussing. Why you brought it up Erie is beyond me. Grasping for straws? Did I ever bad mouth American cars?

Old 06-27-2003, 06:19 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Erie Desire
Yes, but when you buy a car from a foreign carmaker doesn't the money ultimately end up in Japan,Germany,Korea,etc?
I really don't believe that 65% of Dodge parts are made in Japan either.
What is better, American company that offshores all it's labor but the profits come back here or a foreign company that employs Americans here in the US?

Fact, car makers such as Honda, Toyota, Mercedes to name a few produce cars here in the US employing American workers. Sure the profits go overseas but Americans are working and making a living. Then you have US compannies like AT&T, Motorola and IBM that offshore their labor to India, cutting American worker jobs and American worker salaries. The profits come back here with the US company but who is benefitting from these profits?

Personally, I'd rather buy from a company that I know is giving a job to fellow American and allow US corps that replace Americans with offshore labor to rot in hell.
Old 06-27-2003, 07:02 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I have a 2001 Lexus IS300 that has never had a problem. It runs like a dream and is clearly well built. Lexus customer service is awesome (often throwing in a free wax job when the car is in for routine service). They usually give me an ES300 loaner car for the day when they are servicing my car. Seems like a lot of car for the money....very luxurious.

Oh, and all the people that work at the dealership appear to be American citizens so I think some of my US dollars went into their pockets and remained in this country.
Old 06-27-2003, 07:19 AM
Banned

Originally posted by dreamer
your still stuck driving an american POS!! never owened american and NEVER will( except big blocks for the boat!!)... poor engineering, design, quality, handling and RESALE
That is one ignorant statement. You can say you will never own one, that is your own dumbazz perogative, but to call all american autos a POS is pure stupidity. By your own statement you have never owned or driven EVERY American auto out there!

My 99 Ford truck has 122,000 miles on it, and the only thing I've replaced is an alternator at 110,000 miles. Never changed a sensor, the original spark plugs, original fluids. If that's a POS, I'll take a POS everyday. As a matter of fact, I buying a new FORD today.

Quick Reply: OT - Looking to buy new car?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.