Notices

sarasota race 7/04/03

Old 07-06-2003, 11:06 PM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I got home from Sarasota earlier tonight... I stayed at the Hyatt also. This was not really the best race I have been to there. This was my third year going, and by FAR the worst yet. With no Poker run.. there was VERY few boats there to enjoy. We did make it down to the beach to watch a bit of the action. There was at my count 4 boats that strayed off course. The Bacardi boat was first with one of the Pier 57 boats following. They had to turn around and go back to the turn(I think Bacardi missed on turn still even though they broke) Then a bit behind them 2 more boats missed the turn as well..

Just overall... I think I should have gone to Savanna. The thing I missed the most was the Poker run... It just isn't the same. That and having the Hyatt stick me in a closet to sleep in while i was there did not help. I had a reservation for about 6 months... I was going to be a late check in, and this was always know. I get there and they tell me "sorry but we are completely booked" my response "thats great, I have a reservation".... The only thing they had left was what can be best described as a add on room to a suite (I was on the 10th floor) All that was in it is a bathroom, living room area with a TV and a couch (it folds out to a bed! OH JOY!) and... a window that opens to see... the construction below... So needless to say.. I am glad to be home in my OWN bed!

Last edited by ChrisK; 07-07-2003 at 07:25 AM.
Old 07-07-2003, 06:04 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris, you should have taken a ride up to the Holiday Inn where we had our club poker run. It was just up the road from you.
Old 07-07-2003, 07:24 AM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I see this now... I didnt know there was even a poker run going on!... I would have, I got so bored at the Hyatt on saturday I went shopping! DOH! I DID find a great wooden sailboat model to put on my mantle though.