Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
If anybody sees a POS boat named "Amigo" in west MI almost got me a DUI. >

If anybody sees a POS boat named "Amigo" in west MI almost got me a DUI.

Notices

If anybody sees a POS boat named "Amigo" in west MI almost got me a DUI.

Old 07-07-2003, 09:10 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi-perf-2000, at this dock, there is a dockmaster running around TELLING you where to raft off. Chances are Mad Hatter was told to raft there. If not, they would rather you did not raft way out past the last boat in any line. Keep all the lines more or less even. I've docked at that dock MANY times, too many to count, and have never had an issue like this, EVER!! This guy is definitely one of a kind. He probably tipped the dockmaster (who most afternoons is a college kid working for the summer) really well to ask Mad Hatter to move. Money talks I guess.

Thing is, I actually know a guy with a 37 Carver who goes by Smitty. But his boat is not named Amigo, and he would NEVER have acted like this, even falling down drunk. That and he does not have grey hair. His boat is called Workmanship (he's a carpenter).

'Foul
Old 07-07-2003, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I also would not be to happy to come back to my boat to find a strangers boat tied to mine without my permision. If it was a friend that would be a different story. I am ANAL about my boat and wont let just anyone tie up to it. Especially the cops. They don't give a damn if they scratch it. Or worse.
Old 07-07-2003, 09:22 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

I'll say it again, at Coral Gables, you often don't have a choice of who ties up next to you. The dock is only about 100 yards long, and you have to tie up beam-to. They try to get as many boats tied up as possible every weekend. This is a very hot spot on the lakeshore. Good bar, good food. The dockmaster handles all of the tying up duties. He does the lines, makes sure the fenders are properly placed, and generally makes sure NOBODY has reason to bitc# about anything. And he's pretty good at it too.

'Foul
Old 07-07-2003, 10:52 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Tinkerboater
I also would not be to happy to come back to my boat to find a strangers boat tied to mine without my permision. If it was a friend that would be a different story. I am ANAL about my boat and wont let just anyone tie up to it. Especially the cops. They don't give a damn if they scratch it. Or worse.

Hmmm, is your name Amigo? Its not your choice if docking is limited.

Theres that word ANAL again..........
Old 07-08-2003, 01:57 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

I only go there during the week, and always with a group of boats so we all raft off eachother and never have issues. On weekends though, it's a zoo around there. I stay away.
Old 07-08-2003, 06:11 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by Too Old
I'm with you. I like to know who rafts up to my boat. I want to know they have the same respect for a boat that I do.

But.....it appears this is the customary way of docking at this particular watering hole. If the guy doesn't like it, he shouldn't stop there.

Personally, I'd just skip stopping there.
Isn't it tough hooking up lines and fenders when they are on the trailer I'm sorry had to say it

Last edited by Scott; 07-08-2003 at 06:14 AM.
Old 07-08-2003, 02:38 PM
Mad Hatter

Thank you Water Foul for explaining it. I had no choice about where to dock, that was where the DM told me to dock. Yeah it was a younger guy (not that there is anything wrong with that) as DM and he should have told the guy to kiss off.

As far as rafting goes I always ask permission if its not a DM'd area. Even if there is a DM I usually ask, I wasn't being rude or a dick by rafting offa this guy. If he didn't want people rafting offa him he shoulda paid the big bucks to rent a slip for the night.

Old 07-08-2003, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

These folks need to relax a bit !!!! Rafting off is just part of the boating experience guys ... If your that up tight about your boat then you should put out 15 fenders and sit in it all nite and help tie everyone off yourself !!! Or better yet ... leave it on the trailer !!!

JM
Old 07-08-2003, 03:13 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Scott
Isn't it tough hooking up lines and fenders when they are on the trailer I'm sorry had to say it
Ow! That is brutal! Fred, you'd better get that Cig in the water quick! And take pictures - scratch that, you're too good with Photoshop, no one would believe any pictures you post. Better get an impartial witness. PM me, and I'll get you my contact information so you can send me my airline ticket to South Carolina.
Old 07-08-2003, 03:22 PM
Registered

I'm usually cool with rafting as long as the bumpers are adequate and the people are not disrespectful. I have never had anyone raft that was drinking Long Islands though... You guys brought all the liquor out or were they premade ? I would have probably just bummed one

Quick Reply: If anybody sees a POS boat named "Amigo" in west MI almost got me a DUI.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.