C.O.P.S. Run to watch the APBA in Milwaukee >

C.O.P.S. Run to watch the APBA in Milwaukee

Notices

C.O.P.S. Run to watch the APBA in Milwaukee

Old 08-01-2003, 01:34 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On the bright side, if we run the boats to Millwaukee and watch the races from shore. We'll have a chance to meet and talk to a few more people than if we are rafted up. As long as we can get a decent place to tie up to.
Old 08-01-2003, 03:06 PM
rv
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I agree with Dan, I don't want to blow off a day of boating. However, given we can't see the races from the boats, the next best thing would be to run up there in our boats and dock someplace where we can walk to an area to watch from land.

It sounds like LT has an idea where we can dock. Can someone contact him and see if we can make arrangements to dock and raft off at that location. Hopefully, it isn't miles from the area we watch the races from land.

Anyone else with contacts or other ideas?

I was thinking about taking Friday off and driving up there in the car and snoop around a little. Todd/Ron/Bill have slips in McKinnely. Maybe if I am lucky we hook up and find some places to tieup for Saturday/Sunday.

Rick
Old 08-01-2003, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rick,

We are checking with LT and others. We will find a place to raft the boats. Some boating is better than no boating!

Steve
Old 08-01-2003, 04:41 PM
Registered

Saturday night August 9 is the Ventian night party at Northpoint marina. There will be music, food vendors, drinks, volleyball courts, a restaurant, FIREWORKS and a lot of great people.
The city and marina are really putting forth an effort to make this a major event.
Make your slip reservations early if you plan on coming up because it will be a busy weekend!

Just a reminder to please send me RSVPs with your name (real name), boat specifics (small and large are all welcome), number of people and when you are showing up.

[email protected]

Thanks Everyone!

Steve
Old 08-01-2003, 09:58 PM
Mr. Demeanor

For those tinking of boating to NP and then driving to Milwaukee, I am likely going to drive up from my house and have to pass by Northpoint (kind of). Maybe I could give a few a ride that wont have vehicles at NP. We just got a closing date on our house and need to finish packing but I think I will be able to make Sunday. Candyman and Quite Storm...you guys have dibs on seats if you need em. I can fit 5 snuggly in the F250.

Old 08-01-2003, 09:59 PM
Mr. Demeanor

Cash, you can tape my badge to your bow if you think it will help

Old 08-01-2003, 11:18 PM
Registered

If Little Tommy or someone can get us a place to dock that would be great. If the weather doesn’t cooperate I'll have the truck and could take some passengers.

BTW, Vicki has shotgun, sorry Roger.

Mr. Demeanor,
Thanks for the offer.

Dan
Old 08-02-2003, 10:14 AM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Raft-up on the South End.

....Not to Scale......
Attached Thumbnails C.O.P.S. Run to watch the APBA in Milwaukee-course.jpg  
Old 08-02-2003, 02:48 PM
Registered

Thanks Kitten. Are you going to be at the races? If so you should catch up with are group.

The APBA map looks allot tighter than the Map quest map. Little Tommy has the right idea about watching from land if docking is available.
Dan
Attached Thumbnails C.O.P.S. Run to watch the APBA in Milwaukee-image008.jpg  
Old 08-02-2003, 09:04 PM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Oh yea!!

Quick Reply: C.O.P.S. Run to watch the APBA in Milwaukee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.