Like Tree0Likes

LOTO wave problems recognized...

Reply
Old 09-14-2005, 11:34 PM
  #21
Registered
 
rouxsterre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 1,747
Default Re: LOTO wave problems recognized...

. . . . and the Overview of LOTO . . .

* upon edit * . . . sorry for the blurry captures. Just the nature of Google Earth, unless centered.
Attached Thumbnails
LOTO wave problems recognized...-aerial.jpg  

Last edited by rouxsterre; 09-14-2005 at 11:40 PM.
rouxsterre is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 11:38 PM
  #22
A to Z
Platinum Member
 
Sean H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: KC/LOTO
Posts: 9,156
Default Re: LOTO wave problems recognized...

rougher than ever.... just ask my dock repairman..
Attached Thumbnails
LOTO wave problems recognized...-aerial.jpg  
Sean H is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 11:44 PM
  #23
Registered
 
rouxsterre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 1,747
Default Re: LOTO wave problems recognized...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean H
rougher than ever.... just ask my dock repairman..
Looking at the 'Aerial', I can't even begin to imagine the conditions of the waters there on a busy weekend. . . . maybe especially 'your' spot on the lake. YIKES. . . .
rouxsterre is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 11:50 PM
  #24
A to Z
Platinum Member
 
Sean H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: KC/LOTO
Posts: 9,156
Default Re: LOTO wave problems recognized...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouxsterre
Looking at the 'Aerial', I can't even begin to imagine the conditions of the waters there on a busy weekend. . . . maybe especially 'your' spot on the lake. YIKES. . . .
i might be at one of the top three roughest spots on the lake...
Sean H is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 11:55 PM
  #25
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Knot 4 Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Central IL
My Boats: Old/Heavy/Slow
Posts: 6,658
Default Re: LOTO wave problems recognized...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean H
i might be at one of the top three roughest spots on the lake...
Without a doubt. The water at the intersection of the no wake leading under the Grand Glaize bridge where you can either head up towards the Community Bridge or down towards Shooter's 21 is absolutely brutal on the weekends. Sean, where are you at in relation to Evergreens Condos?

Last edited by Knot 4 Me; 09-14-2005 at 11:57 PM.
Knot 4 Me is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 11:58 PM
  #26
A to Z
Platinum Member
 
Sean H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: KC/LOTO
Posts: 9,156
Default Re: LOTO wave problems recognized...

a little closer......
Attached Thumbnails
LOTO wave problems recognized...-loto.jpg  
Sean H is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 12:01 AM
  #27
Registered
 
apache21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sand Springs/Grand Lake oklahoma
Posts: 975
Default Re: LOTO wave problems recognized...

I think the real problem is the LOTO is too populated. We are seeing that at Grand Lake more and more boats on the water each year. It just happens.
apache21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 12:03 AM
  #28
A to Z
Platinum Member
 
Sean H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: KC/LOTO
Posts: 9,156
Default Re: LOTO wave problems recognized...

Quote:
Originally Posted by apache21
I think the real problem is the LOTO is too populated. We are seeing that at Grand Lake more and more boats on the water each year. It just happens.
and most of the lake is really still undeveloped.... its only gonna get worse as far as traffic goes (land and water....)
Sean H is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 12:06 AM
  #29
Registered
 
rouxsterre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 1,747
Default Re: LOTO wave problems recognized...

The funny thing is - I have always felt fresh-water to be way sloppier than salt, just by its nature. With the natural rock walls, the manmade seawalls, and the BIG cruisers, LOTO must be PaNdEmOnIuM on weekends.

On another note - upthread, someone mentioned something about wakeboard-boats as the culprit. I nearly completely sh:t myself. Down both legs. . . how about 40+ foot SunSeekers, Formula SS, Bayliners, SeaRays, . . . . cruisin along at a leisurely 15kts, demolishing floats and docks, while not spilling a drop of their cocktail. . . . how many of THOSE are there ? ? ?
rouxsterre is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 12:10 AM
  #30
A to Z
Platinum Member
 
Sean H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: KC/LOTO
Posts: 9,156
Default Re: LOTO wave problems recognized...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouxsterre
The funny thing is - I have always felt fresh-water to be way sloppier than salt, just by its nature. With the natural rock walls, the manmade seawalls, and the BIG cruisers, LOTO must be PaNdEmOnIuM on weekends.

On another note - upthread, someone mentioned something about wakeboard-boats as the culprit. I nearly completely sh:t myself. Down both legs. . . how about 40+ foot SunSeekers, Formula SS, Bayliners, SeaRays, . . . . cruisin along at a leisurely 15kts, demolishing floats and docks, while not spilling a drop of their cocktail. . . . how many of THOSE are there ? ? ?
i can count how many ski/wakeboard boats i see at my end of the lake on one hand... but i can't count the number of 420, 460, 500, and 550's even if i had a calculator.... then throw in your bluewaters, sunseekers, azimuts, vikings, carvers and most people still think the "cigar" boats are the problem...
Sean H is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Anarchy Powerboats
General Boating Discussion
44
05-26-2008 12:50 AM
KenD
Super Boat International
9
07-23-2007 12:42 PM
SCRAPMAN1
General Boating Discussion
6
09-10-2006 02:46 AM
Audiofn
General Boating Discussion
54
03-11-2003 06:11 PM
blown formula
General Boating Discussion
3
12-17-2002 04:41 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.