Notices

OT: Ford Superduty

Old 08-07-2003, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for the input all....

Troutly...I test drove one yesterday and hammered the hell out of it. I did notice the lag until around 2000 rpm like you mentioned. But, this is not the truck I will be buying. The truck I am looking at will be dealer traded. I did like the way the truck pulled once it got into it's power though. I look forward to throwing the Scarab around with it. Should be a breeze for this truck. Those are some good tips that I will be sure and look for.

MitchStellin...The truck has the backup warning feature on it. I wanted ALL available options on her. Not crazy about cab lights though. Gonna X them.

East Coast B...I wasn't sure what the Camper package was. Thanks for the info there. The truck does have the factory hitch on it. I do know to look out for the Class III on the Superduty. It also comes with the factory Ford nerf bars. This will all be pulled the first day. I just so happen to own a truck accessory store. The Class 5 hitch will be on before the ink is dry, and there will be some full length nerf bars on it too. I love hobbies, I mean my business.

Cuda..I thought so. The dealer is a customer of mine. I know I can get a sweet deal on any make. Just thinking about going this route right now.

Thanks all! Throw out some more if ya want.

Buck
Old 08-07-2003, 06:58 PM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buck, heed Troutlys advice. If the truck has any lag, stay away from it. The new ICPs and controls will not be out until September. Even if the truck is an 04, it will have the same motor and controls as the 03. Sure Ford will remedy these problems, but why not give yourself the upper hand and get a winner from the get go. The trucks really are awesome when working properly. Good Luck.
Old 08-07-2003, 07:10 PM
Wildfire

Buck,

Good choice on the FORD.

We just traded our Chevy 2500HD off for an '01 F350 PSD Dually Crew. The Missus got tired of filling up every 5 days with the gas motor.

My FORD guy has one 6.0 buyback on the lot now. He said that the early 6.0's in the F350s have had most of the problems. And it sounds like the other guys are giving some "in-the-know" advice too.
Attached Thumbnails OT: Ford Superduty-img_0456.jpg  

Old 08-07-2003, 07:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Buck, Im more of a GM guy and have had 2 GMC Duramax/Allison, awsome vehicles. Tomorrow I pick up my first Ford since 1990, a 2004 F350 Dually, I am still reluctant, certain things are better, but GM's interiors are far superior, but ride quality is better on the Ford, only when loaded up and or towing, and about 4K cheaper. I will post a pic tomorrow. BTW that is one hell of a price, I pd invioce, friend of the GM. Good Luck, I hope we have the ones with the good injectors.
Old 08-07-2003, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Buck, I had two Dodge 3500's both had Cummins and automatic, 4x4. I now have a ford xlt lariat dually crew cab. 6.0 PS 5 speed automatic, its by far the best driving and pulling truck Ive owned. Good luck and Go fo it! Mark B.
Attached Thumbnails OT: Ford Superduty-dsc00158.jpg  
Old 08-07-2003, 09:12 PM
Registered

Wow! You all have made me feel very good about my choice. It's been tough for me mentally since I've owned GM my entire life.

Jassman... I couldn't agree more. The plushness of a GM is tough to beat. I've said this from the word go when comparing them to the other two. The ride and comfort cannot be beat in a truck today. Like you, I just feel like the Ford has the most bang for the buck. (no pun intended ) I've got some goodies that I've been putting on some customers trucks already that will make a HUGE difference in performance.

I only put around 10-12k a year on my trucks. The chance of me having any major trouble on the road is slim to none. I live about 2 miles from my shop and I'm there 6 days a week. The only real mileage I will put on her will be back and forth from the lake. It's a tax write off for me, so I may as well get something worth writing off.

Buck
Old 08-08-2003, 06:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Buck, same thing for me, a 30K tax right off per year. If I dont like it, next year Ill go back to GMC. Im going to put a Western Diesel or Edge box in, a ram air intake and a cool air box, I probably will leave the exhaust. I will post some pics this weekend, I ordered it with a sunroof, back up detector, its the Ford Built Tough version with white grill, and bumpers and black leather with carbon fiber accents. Good luck with yours, what kind of goodies are you putting on. Jeff
Old 08-08-2003, 07:59 AM
Registered

Jeff,

I spray bedliners, so that will be one of the first things I'll do. Advertising. I'll do some sort of Grill Guard with Warn lights in it. Probably a Westin CPS or similar style. Husky liner floor mats.....a MUST on any new vehicle. An Extang RT bed cover...same as the Access style bed cover. Remote Start. Probably a mobile entertainment system for the girls. Tint the two front windows. All that and the full length nerf bars I mentioned will probably be it other than some minor performance mods.

You gotta love advertising write offs.

Buck