Notices

BLOWOVER (Cats)

Old 08-15-2003, 12:15 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shane

You are correct and I agree he was on the gas hard all the way past the point of no return, I also agree most occurences happen when the envelope is being pushed, by packing air into the tunnel with a tab and trimming the boat for more speed.

Shane also has lots of time in cats and all the other stuff he explained is oh so true. It comes down to, as someone stated earlier, you have to exercise common sense when running a cat or any boat for that fact.

Cord what I believe you're feeling is when the boat pops up on the air pack in the tunnel which is a sensation of the boat lifting up out of the water. It is a common feeling the first few times you feel it is a puckering experience at best. I hope my choice of wording here makes sense for lack of a more technical worded response.

Sean
Old 08-15-2003, 12:18 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Skater40,

Do you also have a place in Newport Beach Harbor? If so how have you been I haven't talked to you for awhile. Did you ever get your prop testing completed?

Sean
Old 09-05-2003, 12:22 PM
Registered

we had one of the original 21 skaters years back and we put a 300 hp V8 evinrude on it..it was a fast ride...about 96 mph... my uncle rolled it trying to avoid a bunch of on coming boats and cut a turn...took his foot off the gas and rolled..he was fine and the boat is still running with the same engine i believe with a new owner at the jersey shore

Justin