Notices

boat lift

Old 08-20-2003, 01:39 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a 9000 pd hydrohoist for sale 5500=
i have 35 fountain in it and i let the stern down a little let the bow down then the stern keeping it to where i dont have water runnin in the bilge,,
just be carefull and get used to it and do a little at a time untill u can keep it to where it goes down with the bow about 1-3 feet above the stern,
the key is dont be in a hurry no matter what its still a whole lot faster and easier than the stupid trailer thing i used to use. yuk!
Old 08-20-2003, 01:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have to say to the comments i read on this post was in the hoist business and i know all of them!!!
hydrohoist is the best and i wasnt event the dealer for those,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
i can say as i persopnally have 4 hoists 2 being hydros they are hands down the best,,
i like the side mounts as they dont strain the dock and follow the water rough or flat,, tides or not, if u bottom paint em every 2 yrs u will be fine,,
and they can easily be moved if u choose diff marina or move etc easy to sell and so on.. great hoist..
i am not going to say what company's hoists i sold but i have moved installed operated and rebuilt most,
fun boating is easy boating
keep it on a lift,
Old 08-20-2003, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by US1 Fountain
<Norm> "I don't think so Tim"

Floating lifts do not need to be pulled, unless it is being moved, sold, or repaired from abuse. Why would you want to paint galvanized steel or the poly tanks? Floating lifts have the option for a rough water kit. The 4 pole lift are great as mentioned above, but the floating lifts float with the water level as long as you always have at least 6-7' depth for them to work.

epeek, do a search of my name and Galva Lift.
I bought a 10K lift for my 32' Fever this spring. I looked at H.H. as it is a well known name. Then I looked at Galva Lift. My G.L. has bracing under the tanks that the new H.H. lifts don't and was a bit cheaper. Only good thing about the H.H. in my mind was the newer ones have no steel below the water when in the raised position. But then, 20 yrs from now when the couple of under water braces do need replaced on mine, I doubt I'll still have it. Most all the name brand lifts are built basically the same as far as the mechanicals and the sizing of the steel.
If the hoist will be used in salt water it will need to be painted to keep the growth off it. Also, the winters here bring a lot of ice so unless you have a great bubble system you'll need to pull it. Hoists have their place but if you have the option of driving piles you can't beat a 4 post lift. When the boat is in there air there is absolutely no worries, especially if you're going to be gone weeks at a time. I've had my boat on the lift in 80+ mph winds where the water kicked up to 4' waves in our lagoon. No problems. I originally kept my boat on a hydrohoist but have found the 4 post lift to be easier to maintain, just 14 grease fittings and just did the cables for the first time in 10 years.
I now have 3 lifts, a 4 post and 2 bulkhead style elevators. Tide is not an issue, all my lifts have 18' of travel so I can crank them up when we have nasty NorEasters.

BTW, I was in the lift business for 10 years, I'm not in the biz anymore. So I have nothing to gain from recommending either type of lift. I do however have many years experiece of installing lifts. If the water will be rough your best bet is to get everything out of the water.

Whatever you decide, make sure you opt for a remote control. It makes owning a lift of any type a pleasure. Just lower the lift to where the water intakes are in the water, start the boat, let it idle while the passagners climb aboard, hit the button to lower yourself the rest of the way and go. I can get my boat onto the lift and in the air faster than I can tie it to the dock.

What are the warranties on the hoists? Most glavanized lifts are 5 years and most aluminum lifts are 10 years.

Can you do this with a Hydrohoist, no ice protection. This past year the ice was 18" thick. I also don't have pile problems, them boys is 60' long.

Last edited by mr_velocity; 08-20-2003 at 11:26 AM.
Old 08-20-2003, 11:32 AM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

I can certainly help you out, with the best lifts available.
Take a look at www.sunstreamcorp.com
then call me.

I'm happy to set you guys up with an OSO discount.

954-340-5170 office
054-647-5131 Cell
Tim Gallagher
Florida Division Manager
Sunstream Boat lifts
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 08-20-2003, 12:05 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Gene Brewis in Ocean City, Maryland has a Hydro Hoist for sale. ocrob on the board should have his phone number if you want it.

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 08-20-2003, 12:30 PM
Registered

I think what I'm looking for is to get the boat out of
the water. A friend 6 houses down just put in a
scissors type built by nyman. I runs off of water
pressure & works real good,but I have a wide crib
under my dock and I don't think it will work. The
4 post looks pretty good.I don't have power down at
my dock yet. Do any off the 4 post run with water
pressure. If not I can put power in for a excessive
fee! Ant recommendations.

Tim can you E-mail me some info & prices on your product. [email protected]
Old 08-20-2003, 02:04 PM
Registered

If you decide to run power just spend the few extra $$$ and pull 50A sevice to the dock and install a sub panel there. That way you'll be able to add anything you may want in the future.

Rent a trencher and you can put direct burrial wire in an afternoon. Then just have the electrical contractor come in to hook up the endpoints if you're not comfortable with it.

With your dock arrangement, fixed pier I assume, you may be better off with a elevator like OSO installed. See the Myco thread in the news section.
Old 08-20-2003, 06:08 PM
Registered

I have used a Hydro-Hoist for the past year. From my experience, the most important thing is to get the proper set up for you boat. HH now makes a cable lift that is a major improvement over the standard models.

The problems jonas is having should not be occurring. It sounds to me like his lift was improperly set up or is being lowered improperly. I have a very rear heavy boat the requires me to completely empty the front tanks before the rear. If I let the air out of the rear first, as jonas indicates, I would have the same problem he has.

If you are in a tide sensitive area with a fixed height dock, I would not think a HH would work for you. Use a cable lift that raises the boat above the max high tide level. If you use a floating dock, the HH type lift would work well.
Old 08-20-2003, 07:37 PM
Registered

I just looked at the sight for Tims sunstream lifts,
beautiful stuff. Its just what I'm looking for. I'm
on Lake George and I called the park commission today.
They say I have to get a permit for a lift! Regulations,
What are ya gonna do! Tim I'll call you on Thursday.
Old 08-20-2003, 08:22 PM
Registered

Tim makes a nice product. I believe that Peconic has one and is very happy with it.

Quick Reply: boat lift

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.