Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Does anyone at Fountain return calls >

Does anyone at Fountain return calls

Notices

Does anyone at Fountain return calls

Old 08-22-2003, 03:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After reading this thread, so much for considering a Fountain for my next boat. Great style but I would want a few less headaches if a problem should arise.
Old 08-22-2003, 06:42 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

This is why I am a little gun-shy of buying a new fountain, I have been looking at Express cruisers lately in the 38 to 40' range. I like the fountain because of the fact that it evolves from a performance boat. I really like the dash and speeds better than the Donzi and Formula. I will probibly end up with a Formula because of the reputation 5 year warranty ect... The Donzi is very nice too and has a good reputation but the design is not there yet.

Twice Wyatt Fountain has called me but I keep missing him. This was from an Internet catalog request. I am trying to set up a ride on a Fountain 38EC. Seems they devote more time in selling rather than servicing.
Old 08-22-2003, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The impression I get is that they are just spread too thin. They take care of the customer for the most part, but with all the Fountains out there and the relativley small staff I just think they are overwhelmed.

I don't think Reggie could have stayed in business so long with a total FU attitude. Sounds like they need to delegate some of this to lower levels of management but I also believe that Reggie has the type of personality that he wants to be involved and it holds them back to some extent. Can you imagine a CEO that tests every product? Commendable but probably not the best use of time. Kind of like an NFL head coach also trying to coach a position. Just isn't effective.

I don't see fountain as any worse or better then 90 percent of builders. Look at any mfg thread and you will find people not happy with the boat or the service.
Old 08-22-2003, 11:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a 1998 Fountain. And i love the boat and i havent had any problems out of it.(knock on wood) I also had the chance to meet Reggie at the thunder on the bay poker run and was a very nice guy. When i decide to move up my next boat will be a fountain.
Old 08-22-2003, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys, I'm starting to feel better.

I think Fountain is great contributor to offshore boating & hope they continue to grow in a positive direction.
Old 08-22-2003, 12:10 PM
Registered

Well said, Von Bongo and Too Old!
I have had a great experience with my Fountain so far. Love the boat, and when I needed some info early on from the plant, Gail was more than accommodating. Reggie himself took the time to talk to me about some things after the races out there a few weeks ago. I'd agree that they're busy. Hopefully, they will improve their customer service so this is the last thread on this topic!